Testing Phone pics...

loads of fun.

Can’t spill the beans just yet. Still working out the finer details of how I want it to work. What I’m thinking is having a game day thread where folks can take pics and MMS them to a certain email address and they all go into that thread.

Any suggestions?

[QUOTE=ninermac;259026]Can’t spill the beans just yet. Still working out the finer details of how I want it to work. What I’m thinking is having a game day thread where folks can take pics and MMS them to a certain email address and they all go into that thread.

Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Well let me be the first to say that I think that would kick ass!

[QUOTE=ninermac;259026]Can’t spill the beans just yet. Still working out the finer details of how I want it to work. What I’m thinking is having a game day thread where folks can take pics and MMS them to a certain email address and they all go into that thread.

[B]Any suggestions?[/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I’ve got a suggestion… That we make a holiday to honor Mac! Brilliant! By far the best message board in the A-10. I’m not sure I can ever go back to GW’s again now. Last time they couldn’t even post pictures… :clap:

Can't spill the beans just yet. Still working out the finer details of how I want it to work. What I'm thinking is having a game day thread where folks can take pics and MMS them to a certain email address and they all go into that thread.

Any suggestions?

I don’t suppose it could be set up for all threads like

259026@ninernation.net would send the picture to this thread. that way, all you need to know is the thread number to post in that thread.

I don't suppose it could be set up for all threads like

259026@ninernation.net would send the picture to this thread. that way, all you need to know is the thread number to post in that thread.

That’s possible, just not sure how much use that would get because of the requirement to know the thread, not to mention how many errant posts would happen because of thread id typos.

We could possibly have a photo page for each person and any non-gameday pics they post go in there…

The only downside to expanding is it increases the likelihood that people step over the lines with a photo.

That's possible, just not sure how much use that would get because of the requirement to know the thread, not to mention how many errant posts would happen because of thread id typos.

We could possibly have a photo page for each person and any non-gameday pics they post go in there…

The only downside to expanding is it increases the likelihood that people step over the lines with a photo.

Well if you go to an event already knowing that there is a thread made for it you would just check before you leave. I would do it, so would Chevee and Gill. I’m sure people would figure it out as they see other people doing it. I do get what you are saying about typos.

Maybe make a thread for people that only they can post to, and only from the phone. We could know when they send pictures and when they get back to the computer the pictures could be moved into the appropriate thread.

I guess you would want to make the moving pictures process easier if possible.

Would you do login based on the phone number that the pic comes from?

Do you think that it would be any worse than it already is? Aside from the panty fests Gill has in his room are you afraid that kids will take a picture of down their pants and send it here?

I don’t want to make it so that everyone that wants access has to get approval first but maybe that is the solution. Anyone that abuses it loses the right, and gets gulaged. (man we need more gulaging)

p.s.
I’m not volunteering for the gulag.

Well if you go to an event already knowing that there is a thread made for it you would just check before you leave. I would do it, so would Chevee and Gill. I'm sure people would figure it out as they see other people doing it. I do get what you are saying about typos.

Maybe make a thread for people that only they can post to, and only from the phone. We could know when they send pictures and when they get back to the computer the pictures could be moved into the appropriate thread.

I guess you would want to make the moving pictures process easier if possible.

Would you do login based on the phone number that the pic comes from?

Do you think that it would be any worse than it already is? Aside from the panty fests Gill has in his room are you afraid that kids will take a picture of down their pants and send it here?

I don’t want to make it so that everyone that wants access has to get approval first but maybe that is the solution. Anyone that abuses it loses the right, and gets gulaged. (man we need more gulaging)

p.s.
I’m not volunteering for the gulag.

Authentication is done by comparing inbound email address to the cellphone address you put in your user control panel. That piece is already working.

For a gameday thing it’s much easier for the script to determine the thread and that way everyone just remembers a simple email address…

Authentication is done by comparing inbound email address to the cellphone address you put in your user control panel. That piece is already working.

For a gameday thing it’s much easier for the script to determine the thread and that way everyone just remembers a simple email address…

Could it be set up to have one address be for your personal thread and then different ways for gameday stuff.

That way when Gill does his football meetings you won’t have to set up a seperate address for him to use. Or if someone finds a cool 49er display somewhere they can just snap a pic and send it.

Dude this is awesome!

[MEDIA]http://ninernation.net/forum/mms-files/funny_parrot.3gp[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=MnlaSXqvliM[/MEDIA]

We just might be able to expand this to videos sent from phones as well…

test

We just might be able to expand this to videos sent from phones as well...

Thank would be pretty cool.

test

test again

last test

test again

neffer

Testing…

This message was sent using PIX-FLIX Messaging service from Verizon Wireless!
To learn how you can snap pictures with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/getitnow/getpix.
To learn how you can record videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/getitnow/getflix.
To play video messages sent to email, QuickTime® 6.5 or higher is required. Visit www.apple.com/quicktime/download to download the free player or upgrade your existing QuickTime® Player. Note: During the download process when asked to choose an installation type (Minimum, Recommended or Custom), select Minimum for faster download.

[coolimg]http://www.ninernation.net/forum/mms-photos/20080129-104006-1.jpeg[/coolimg]