Thanks guys

notwithstanding the final missed shot nor the multiple, previously missed free throws, it was a whale of a fun game to watch, in a great arena, in a great city, surrounded by a whole bunch of great college hoops fans.

mk, jcl, mac, NA, and nick, thanks for a taking the time on friday to hang out with a barbarian from the icy north, albeit a non-traitorous, non-seccessionist, non-bastard type barbarian. it was a pleasure meeting (or seeing again) your lovely spouses too. mk, maybe next time for the missus and maddie. nick, please work on that whole “funny” thing. and it’s “thru the front door and take a right,” not “to the front door and take a right,” if you really want to surprise newcomers to Picasso’s. if emily can tolerate your feeble sense of humor, she could not have been too annoyed by my own. please thank her as well for being such a gracious hostess.

PB, NLNP, moss and anyone else who picked up the tab at Picasso’s, thnx guys. when you make the long haul to cincy to commence the rivalry with xavier, we’ve got a date at the hofbrauhaus. you likey big time. PB, leave the tights, the codpiece and the “nuclear nance” cape at home. some things are still not well tolerated by those of germanic heritage. mikey, good to see ya again; sorry i missed the single malt upstairs.

HP, thanks for everything pal. i know those tickets commanded a real premium. a true pleasure to meet your son. and there’s no one better to sit with at a hoops game than you; even when the 'cats got skinned. jean’s still talking about that hug you gave her at Picasso’s. i’m starting to get a little jealous. needless to say, i’m hoping you’ll be with us for that trip to the hofbrauhaus.

Good to see ya again Gruehls. How far away is Dayton from Cincy? In case the X game isn’t on a weekend.

[i]Originally posted by Mike Niner Hunt[/i]@Feb 6 2005, 02:17 PM [b]Good to see ya again Gruehls. How far away is Dayton from Cincy? In case the X game isn't on a weekend.[/b]
about 55 miles straight up I-75 mikey.

It’s good you had a safe trip gruehls. I know you were a little out of your element in the land of the South. We must get together again on a Xavier or Dayton visit, it certainly is on the list of things to do.

Glad Mrs. g still loves me, she has a packge being UPS’d to you tomorrow. BTW, Cameron wanted to know what you thought of Plavich and his 3s after knowing how much you disliked Diego. I told him you just shook your head after each one in amazement. I can only imagine hearing the UC fans in the Rathskellar talking about him now!

Good luck the rest of the season!

gman,

It was great to see you again as well. Thanks as well to your lovely wife, along with Nick, jcl, NA and Mac’s wives, for tolerating the conversation. Thanks as well for the great gift for my daughter. Her and I played with it for hour an hour today and she carried it around when we weren’t playing.

Hope to see you in Memphis or at some point when we come up that way to take on the X folks.

gruehls, old fart, it was good to see you again. You should have dropped by Picasso’s after the game.

Like I said on Saturday, I’ll be pulling for you guys in the future. You need to tell those fans from the Big East just how good Charlotte is (Syracuse and Georgetown fans already know).

Good luck to you.

[i]Originally posted by MKNiner[/i]@Feb 6 2005, 10:42 PM [b] Thanks as well for the great gift for my daughter. Her and I played with it for hour an hour today and she carried it around when we weren't playing. [/b]
Was that before or after you deflated it with a knife? :P

As I stated to your fine friends over at Bearcatsden, you’re a class act gruehls. Glad to finally meet you and the lady you married up for. You represent the Bearcat fans well and hopefully Saturday won’t be the last time you pay a visit to Halton or Charlotte. Thanks again for Friday night and I’d like to return the favor one day. We’ll definitely have to round up a bunch of Niner fans for a trip up to a Xavier game and pay you a visit along the way.

With that said, you are officially on record stating that the Niners are your 2nd favorite team. We all know there was a Niner Nation shirt up under that Cincy attire on Saturday. :stuck_out_tongue:

No, thanks to you gruehls. It was a great time Friday night. It was great to meet everyone there, but especially you and your wife. I’m glad everyone was able to put up with my blabber mouth :blink: . I’ll try and tone it down next time and allow some others to get a few words in.

We’ll all be pulling for Cincy, at least until we play you in the tourney. A CUSA final of Charlotte and Cincy would be such a fitting end to the current CUSA. I’m hoping to make it over to the tourney in Memphis and will look forward to catching up with everyone there.

Glad you made it home safe and thanks again…

gruels, i hate i missed seeing you for the last charlotte vs cinci CUSA matchup. i didnt get back into town until right before game time, then had to leave again shortly after the game. im glad you had a great time, im sure we will see you again down the road

[i]Originally posted by NinerMac[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 08:58 AM [b] No, thanks to you gruehls. It was a great time Friday night. It was great to meet everyone there, but especially you and your wife. I'm glad everyone was able to put up with my blabber mouth :blink: . I'll try and tone it down next time and allow some others to get a few words in. [/b]
I think I speak for all of us Mac when I say we're not hanging out with you again unless you learn to shut it. :P
[i]Originally posted by NinerMac[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 08:58 AM [b]No, thanks to you gruehls. It was a great time Friday night. It was great to meet everyone there, but especially you and your wife. I'm glad everyone was able to put up with my blabber mouth :blink: . I'll try and tone it down next time and allow some others to get a few words in.

We’ll all be pulling for Cincy, at least until we play you in the tourney. A CUSA final of Charlotte and Cincy would be such a fitting end to the current CUSA. I’m hoping to make it over to the tourney in Memphis and will look forward to catching up with everyone there.

Glad you made it home safe and thanks again…[/b]

you certainly have that whole “motor-mouth” thing down pat, mac. couldn’t get a word in edgewise.

as i said on our board, friday night was the best part of the trip, and would have been even if the 'cats had won.

chisox, we’ll catch you next time. over40, change it to “over50 and closin in on 60.” you will always be the older old fart.

jcl, as i mentioned, i was going to bring my 49er’s hat, but feared a lurking photog might catch another compromising shot. be assured i wear it proudly during the off-season.

speaking of lurking photogs, hp, tell cam there’s nothing but admiration for mr. plavich.

I’m sorry i missed all the fun, but i was watching the game from Razzo’s in the Big Easy while drinking plenty of Hurricanes. Gruehls, I was looking for you on the TV, but all i could see is some old guy hitting on your wife. I think you need to keep an eye on old HP and the better half…

TOM, I was more than polite with Mrs.g! :wub: He was the one that messed up by allowing her to sit beside me.

Show us some New Orleans photos!

Greg, I don’t care what you say, you know I’m funny. (You know, funny as in HA HA…) But seriously, we had a blast hanging out with you guys again. I’m glad that you had a safe trip home.

Mac, jcl, NA & MK: You guys are really cool. I don’t care what some other posters have said about you.

HP, I don’t think they would last to long on this board…All i can say is WOW…New Orleans is something else!

Hey Nick–I saw you on my television Saturday afternoon. You suck.

That is all.

:stuck_out_tongue: Tell Em hey!

Well, I guess that hell has officially frozen over. Sauerbrun’s Gal has made an appearance on Niner Nation. You should hang around, these guys are pretty interesting. Watch out for HP, though. He develops crushes very easily. Right G-Rules?

[i]Originally posted by 49erAlumnus[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 12:44 PM [b] You should hang around, these guys are pretty interesting. [/b]
Not to mention this site could always use a little less testosterone considering the guy:girl ratio here. :)

Aren’t you a married man…

[i]Originally posted by 49erAlumnus[/i]@Feb 7 2005, 12:44 PM [b]Well, I guess that hell has officially frozen over. Sauerbrun's Gal has made an appearance on Niner Nation. You should hang around, these guys are pretty interesting. Watch out for HP, though. He develops crushes very easily. Right G-Rules?[/b]
Well, I am sure that I will do more reading than posting, but I'll always be looking for you on here--trying to find more material to fuel the "let's make fun of Nick" sessions!

Oh, and BTW, thanks for the “bigger name on the other line” stuff–who the hell has a bigger name than Sauerbrun’s Gal, damnit? :wink: