Thanks Judy...and Phil better get this one right

I sincerely want to thank Judy for making this tough decision. It is not easy to walk away from something you’ve been a part of for this long…and it’s not easy to admit that your position would be better served by another person.

To make this decision…although pressed into it…still shows her love of the school and the program. To step away and give someone else a chance to revitalize the Athletic Dept is something she should be respected for.

I applaud her many achievements and I appreciate the love she has for the school. Her performance can be questioned but her desire to be successful and her love for the school cannot.

And actually…the downturn coincided with Phil’s arrival more than anything. If she was simply operating as Phil instructed…this is more of a Phil failure than a Judy one. Which is why it is of the UTMOST importance that Phil get this right. I hate the fact that he’s running the search because of my fear that it was how he instructed Judy to run things which is why we are where we are. If he hires another puppet…we will simply continue down this path.

I would urge you all to crank up the email machine again to at least let Phil know our concern with hiring someone that will not be a puppet of his to mirror how Judy ultimately operated but someone who will be extremely proactive with a real and burning determination to win and succede… and also market appropriately to put Charlotte athletics front and center as a program to fear and respect again in the Southeast and even nationally!

I will also be sending an email of true thanks and appreciation to Judy as well. I respect her wanting to stay and I respect how she ultimately allowed herself to let go. Because of that we have a chance to turn things around sooner rather than later.

Again…thank you Judy.

clt also thanks Judy. She did many things well, but it was time to go.

Judy was always super nice to me and wish her the best.

I hope they get someone like the UCF AD that would be pretty awesome…however I don’t see how that person gets the gig

If I had a guess I think a former wbb coach will throw name in hat, but you’ve got to think there will be numerous top level female associate ad’s, and older female coaches jumping at the bit… slim chance they hire a male, slimmer chance that male has success connected to mbball and fball… but that’s where they need to look. I wonder if they could attract someone from Liberty, they’re expanding and improving athletics ten fold there

[quote=“BleEDgreen49er, post:3, topic:32111”]Judy was always super nice to me and wish her the best.

I hope they get someone like the UCF AD that would be pretty awesome…however I don’t see how that person gets the gig

If I had a guess I think a former wbb coach will throw name in hat, but you’ve got to think there will be numerous top level female associate ad’s, and older female coaches jumping at the bit… slim chance they hire a male, slimmer chance that male has success connected to mbball and fball… but that’s where they need to look. I wonder if they could attract someone from Liberty, they’re expanding and improving athletics ten fold there[/quote]

clt says this is problematic.

[quote=“BleEDgreen49er, post:3, topic:32111”]Judy was always super nice to me and wish her the best.

If I had a guess I think a former wbb coach will throw name in hat, but you’ve got to think there will be numerous top level female associate ad’s, and older female coaches jumping at the bit… slim chance they hire a male, slimmer chance that male has success connected to mbball and fball… but that’s where they need to look. I wonder if they could attract someone from Liberty, they’re expanding and improving athletics ten fold there[/quote]

Way to throw ice on a topic…

I hope you are wrong :eek:

Nah.

Reverse psychology in hoping to eliminate that scenario…

Surely they aren’t going to have Rose choose the next basketball coach are they?

Thanks, Judy. But she better not make one more decision on her way out. And that includes the type of cake served at her farewell party.

[quote=“NinerUpNorth, post:9, topic:32111”][quote=“Alumni93, post:8, topic:32111”]Surely they aren’t going to have Rose choose the next basketball coach are they?[/quote]she pretty bluntly said no when asked this at the press conference.

Thanks, Judy. But she better not make one more decision on her way out. And that includes the type of cake served at her farewell party.[/quote]

If I had a guess I think a former wbb coach will throw name in hat, but you’ve got to think there will be numerous top level female associate ad’s, and older female coaches jumping at the bit… slim chance they hire a male, slimmer chance that male has success connected to mbball and fball… but that’s where they need to look. I wonder if they could attract someone from Liberty, they’re expanding and improving athletics ten fold there[/quote]Phil said an ad or senior level associate ad from a school that has football. Probably aren’t a whole lot of female candidates that fit th4 description and it excludes anyone internal from being promoted as long as they stick to what he said today.

What former coach?

False narratives Cara?

We are universally ready to cease fire but Cara’s jab in the Observer is annoying to say the least. The only narrative is the 49ers today are irrelevant, the marketing and presentation in all facets is dated and embarrassing, and the MO hasn’t been winning for a long long time. Those 3 items are there for anyone to soberly observe.

I also would encourage her to get in line with the future. Publicly being against this won’t age well going fwd

[quote]“… There are a lot of false narratives surrounding who she is and what she has meant to this university,” said Consuegra. “When you think about leadership, the best leaders are servant leaders. People who love, who care and who model that with their work ethic and how they care about people. Judy Rose is the best model of a servant leader I have ever seen.”

Dubois said Rose’s replacement needs to be somebody with ample experience in athletics administration, particularly in football.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article192916614.html#storylink=cpy

/quote]

I will join in and say thank you to Judy for her years of service. I’ve met her a few times and honestly in person she has been nothing but classy and nice to me in person.

She has accomplished good things as AD, but as also stated it is time for her to go. I do like that Phil says that the new AD needs to have good experience with football, hopefully winning football.

The future is so much brighter than it was just 48 hours ago and I am a bit giddy.

Sports talk radio nailed this one. Judy has honestly done a fantastic job of building facilities, making this place beautiful. People that work in our AD are going to sing her praises, and not only is that ok, it’s a good thing. They can say she cured the plague for all I care. It’s time to bury the hatchet and move on together. I’m sure she doesn’t want to hear it from me, but I do appreciate what she has done, it was just time for a new direction. Rosinski nailed it this morning. We don’t need the corporate/ politcal/ fundraising type person Judy is now. We need somebody that knows how to win.

With the right hire, the corporate relationships Judy established, and these facilities, this place will never be the same if we have a winning football /basketball team soon.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:15, topic:32111”]Sports talk radio nailed this one. Judy has honestly done a fantastic job of building facilities, making this place beautiful. People that work in our AD are going to sing her praises, and not only is that ok, it’s a good thing. They can say she cured the plague for all I care. It’s time to bury the hatchet and move on together. I’m sure she doesn’t want to hear it from me, but I do appreciate what she has done, it was just time for a new direction. Rosinski nailed it this morning. We don’t need the corporate/ politcal/ fundraising type person Judy is now. We need somebody that knows how to win.

With the right hire, the corporate relationships Judy established, and these facilities, this place will never be the same if we have a winning football /basketball team soon.[/quote]

Our corporate relations are terrible compared to what real schools do.

Agree winning is Paramount.

[quote=“metro, post:16, topic:32111”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:15, topic:32111”]Sports talk radio nailed this one. Judy has honestly done a fantastic job of building facilities, making this place beautiful. People that work in our AD are going to sing her praises, and not only is that ok, it’s a good thing. They can say she cured the plague for all I care. It’s time to bury the hatchet and move on together. I’m sure she doesn’t want to hear it from me, but I do appreciate what she has done, it was just time for a new direction. Rosinski nailed it this morning. We don’t need the corporate/ politcal/ fundraising type person Judy is now. We need somebody that knows how to win.

With the right hire, the corporate relationships Judy established, and these facilities, this place will never be the same if we have a winning football /basketball team soon.[/quote]

Agree winning is Paramount.[/quote]

And that, I have absolutely no clue about.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:17, topic:32111”][quote=“metro, post:16, topic:32111”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:15, topic:32111”]Sports talk radio nailed this one. Judy has honestly done a fantastic job of building facilities, making this place beautiful. People that work in our AD are going to sing her praises, and not only is that ok, it’s a good thing. They can say she cured the plague for all I care. It’s time to bury the hatchet and move on together. I’m sure she doesn’t want to hear it from me, but I do appreciate what she has done, it was just time for a new direction. Rosinski nailed it this morning. We don’t need the corporate/ politcal/ fundraising type person Judy is now. We need somebody that knows how to win.

Agree winning is Paramount.[/quote]

And that, I have absolutely no clue about.[/quote]
Nobody helping us like this, this is where we flop. Flop hard