Thanks to those that came to the party

For the first one of these things for NinerNation.Net, I thought we had a nice turnout at Picasso’s. And it was great to finally meet some of you folks outside of the cyberworld. We have some quality people on this board and I’m glad to be a part of it. Hopefully next year will be even better and more people will show up or make theirselves known.

And a big thanks to CharlotteAlum for helping me out with the banner, balloons and name tags.

And for those of you that are regulars at Picasso’s, give a thanks to Don Sr./Don Jr. for allowing us to use their place.

Go Niners!!

It was worth attending just to see Over40 wearing a new Niner Nation hoodie! :blink:

Well, you beat me to creating a thread for this, guess it doesn’t pay to have an hour ride home…

I wanted to thank JCL for putting this together. It was a great idea and I thought it really went well. It was truly nice to meet some of you guys and get to associate the person with the Internet persona. I appreciated the thanks from everyone for running this site and the old CUSA-Talk, but I do want to stress that this place would not be what it is without the efforts of JCL, MK, and NA. Thanks guys!

Thanks to everyone who came out, and to those of you who couldn’t make it… you’ll get your opportunity next time.

We’ve got a great group of people, a great sports program, and a great University. We are all NINER NATION.

Awesome party!!! Best part was when CharlotteAlum dumped that beer on PI and he took a swing at her, but missed and CharlotteAlum’s husband appeared out of no where dressed in a ninja outfit and sliced off PI’s arm with a samauri sword… Now that shit was cool… Too bad Moss2k was to chicken shit to show up, cause I would have kicked his ass…

Yeah, that was a lot of fun talking to people and putting faces with screen names. I’m already looking forward to next years party. Thanks to everyone that put it together! :toast:

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go sharpen my chinese throwing stars. :ph34r:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Great event. I just hate I didn’t get a chance to say hello to a few of you I didn’t know, even after being told your identiity.

Now, if I can just convince my other half that the Niner Nation hoodie is part of my Christmas present from her… & that she should pay me for it.

B)

[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Jan 8 2005, 10:45 PM [b] Too bad Moss2k was to chicken shit to show up, cause I would have kicked his ass..... [/b]
Easy now. That could turn into a brawl!
[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Jan 8 2005, 11:45 PM [b] Too bad Moss2k was to chicken shit to show up, cause I would have kicked his ass..... [/b]
don't make me call my Niner Nation mafia :ph34r:

Had to wait around my place and distribute a couple of things to some people…I’ll be sure to grace everyone with my appearance next time

[i]Originally posted by moss2k[/i]@Jan 8 2005, 11:54 PM [b] don't make me call my Niner Nation mafia [/b]
moss isnt kidding. the Niner mafia is no joke.

Moss had things to distribute, like cocaine and chainsaws.

Where was SmoothieKing? I think he went into hiding after his there/their mixup.

I was all set and ready to start boxing PI, but then I realized that there’s not an ATM in Picasso’s, so I just had to settle for making fun of the Patriots for losing to the Dolphins.

As for the Niner Nation mafia… :unsure:

[i]Originally posted by Powerbait[/i]@Jan 9 2005, 12:35 AM [b] Moss had things to distribute, like cocaine and chainsaws.

Where was SmoothieKing? I think he went into hiding after his there/their mixup.

I was all set and ready to start boxing PI, but then I realized that there’s not an ATM in Picasso’s, so I just had to settle for making fun of the Patriots for losing to the Dolphins.

As for the Niner Nation mafia… :unsure: [/b]

Well there actually is an atm in Picasso’s PB but since you were double-fisting, you probably missed it.

Only a Dolphins fan would take cheap shots at the defending Super Bowl Champs.
Jealousy is still an ugly emotion, even in January.

You just better be glad the Dolphins were so terrible they missed the playoffs, and that even if they had made them there would have been no way for them to get homefield advantage.

[i]Originally posted by moss2k[/i]@Jan 8 2005, 11:54 PM [b] don't make me call my Niner Nation mafia :ph34r: [/b]
[img]http://www.police.uncc.edu/UNCCBadge110Whitebackground.PNG[/img] :ph34r: moss has connections....

Thanks for putting on the get together. I don’t post often, but it was nice to put some faces to the names I read here all the time. If only section 104 could be as covered in green as Picasso’s was yesterday.

Just wondering. Did anyone meet 49erpi or CharlotteAlum?

[i]Originally posted by FFNiner[/i]@Jan 9 2005, 10:31 PM [b] Just wondering. Did anyone meet 49erpi or CharlotteAlum? [/b]
Met them both, but they did not meet each other. Both very nice. Except CharlotteAlum is a republican :wacko: :(
[i]Originally posted by FFNiner[/i]@Jan 9 2005, 09:31 PM [b] Just wondering. Did anyone meet 49erpi or CharlotteAlum? [/b]
Both were present. I never got a chance to meet PI but I spent some time chatting with CharlotteAlum. Not sure why anyone thought there may be any drama at this event. It was a great time and I saw nothing but a bunch of Niner fans drinking, eating and having fun interacting with each other.
[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Jan 10 2005, 10:08 AM [b] Except CharlotteAlum is a republican :wacko: :( [/b]
Jimmy, we'll just have to try and not hold that against her. Same goes for that damn Republican MK. :P

I didn’t even think Republicans were allowed.

[i]Originally posted by FFNiner[/i]@Jan 9 2005, 10:31 PM [b] Just wondering. Did anyone meet 49erpi or CharlotteAlum? [/b]
Alum, nice to meet you and your man. Everybody else, cool to meet you guys to. Maybe we'll bump into each in March traveling on a weekend.

I get tempted to check out the East Blvd. Picassos on a game night, but I can’t cheat on University.,

aNd for those of you who thought I was Yinzer cause I was loud, you ain’t seen nothing.