that was my first Lutz Live

I usually work every Thursday night, so that was my first ever Lutz live. First off, where the hell was everyone!? Me, Powerbait, and about 4 or 5 pi kaps were the only ones there that were obviously there for the show. I thought there would be a pretty good crowd of Niner fans, that was sad. Oh well, good show, the food sucked, Lutz is the man, hopefully I can make it to more.

you guys got a recap for us??? :smiley:

Yo i was there tonight at Lutz live…and we’re Pikes man, I’m not trying to sound like a punk about it, just pi kaps is the nickname for pi kappa phi. We’ve just been trying to get out to more stuff, actually I’ve always gone just trying to get more brothers. But anyway Bobby Lutz is the man and we need to start packing that place out. It’s a great place to get some questions answered. Bobbys never gonna come on here and answer posts. Next Bobby Lutz live is next thurs, everyone should head out and show Lutz support. GO NINERS!

[i]Originally posted by Chisox17[/i]@Dec 10 2004, 08:24 PM [b] I usually work every Thursday night, so that was my first ever Lutz live. First off, where the hell was everyone!? Me, Powerbait, and about 4 or 5 pi kaps were the only ones there that were obviously there for the show. I thought there would be a pretty good crowd of Niner fans, that was sad. Oh well, good show, the food sucked, Lutz is the man, hopefully I can make it to more. [/b]
Chisox, the food there does suck and so does the atmosphere and it's too bad because the show could be great. I went to it a few times a couple years back and there were times when there were fewer there than tonight. Lutz was always cool at the show and would come and talk to fans during breaks and after the show. Hopefully this is the last year at that location.
[i]Originally posted by NINERcowbellplayer[/i]@Dec 10 2004, 09:59 PM [b] and we're Pikes man, I'm not trying to sound like a punk about it, just pi kaps is the nickname for pi kappa phi. [/b]
sorry man i didnt know. wasnt trying to offend anyone
[i]Originally posted by Chisox17+Dec 10 2004, 11:20 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Chisox17 @ Dec 10 2004, 11:20 PM)

Chisox and others. Glad you made it out there. When I was there last Thursday, there was a good crowd. I like the set-up, especially being able to talk directly with Coach and listen to the show live.

Anyways, very informative show. I thought you guys may be there based on the questions asked from the bar and Bobby’s comments, particularly about Curtis.

Question from the bar on De’Angelo Alexander: Lutz said DA isn’t necessarily an Eddie clone. He’s better on the offensive end…not as good on defense as Eddie. Has really been tough to defend in practice. Also, added that Bennett reminds him that he’s still here…don’t forget about me coach…for next year.

He talked more about the offensive flow and Plav, Withers, and Iti. He’s fine with Plav’s shots as long as their in the flow of offense. A transition three is a good shot for this team. And regarding Withers, said he’s not as good a post scorer as a lot of people believe. Iti is calling for the ball down-low, something he didn’t do as much last year. It’s confidence.

He talked about the high-low and running plays early to get the ball down low (Alabama & Davidson).

2 more questions from the bar at the end: Recruits for next year and why Nance didn’t play more vs Alabama.

Recruits:
-He sounds real impressed with Coleman: size, skills, hands, touch, etc.
-Jamison will be the defensive stopper, athletic, tough, rebound and score a little.
-Mitch Mullis - combo forward, little undersized, tough kid, will be a good player.

Its cool man. Just finally started to get some more brothers out to stuff, and didn’t want to have us confused with someone else.

I think Withers is a better post player than Coach believes. He’s got great footwork and can hit a good turn around jumper. He’s good on the wing, but in the post he can really throw the ball up and go get it.

[i]Originally posted by 49erFan1[/i]@Dec 11 2004, 10:30 AM [b] I think Withers is a better post player than Coach believes. He's got great footwork and can hit a good turn around jumper. He's good on the wing, but in the post he can really throw the ball up and go get it. [/b]
I think so too, but the one problem with Withers is that he isn't consistent. He made some great post moves in the Alabama game but also got lazy with a pass or two and got the ball stripped from him a couple of times while making a move while another Alabama player was in position to help (that will come if he can get the ball more). Against Davidson he had a good move or two, but for the most part he couldn't hold onto the ball.

Still, he is our post presence and should be our leading scorer in most games. We ride Plav when he’s cold, we need to do the same with Curtis.

Iti is the same way. When he gets the ball down low he doesn’t protect the ball well and immediatly tries for the huge dunk. He was stripped a couple times in the Davidson game. The other problem with Withers down low is he’ll post up and be yelling for the ball, but when its passed to him he seems to lose it…esp when Leemire is passing it. Everytime Lee tries to throw one down low in to Curt or Iti its a turnover, he’s too slow about it and can’t seem to put it where they can control it. But Goldwire is definetly getting better. He seems to be a mix of Demon and Baldwin.