The 1946 Society

Well I finally got to visit the Harris Alumni Center for the first time and it is really a beautiful facility. I sure hope I get invited back soon. Tonight was the first annual 1946 Society celebration and truthfully I had no clue why I got an invitation. I searched uncc.edu and found nothing but I went anyway because I wanted to see the building. It turns out that the UNC Charlotte Foundation wants to recognize loyalty, and supporters that have given to the University for 15 consecutive years or more will be invited to this event. Lucky for me it has nothing to do with how much you give, only that you contribute every year. Here is the program to build support among the masses. So I am challenging you to join me. Make a contribution every year, whatever you can afford, and start the clock.

I got invited to this a few years ago. Had a conflict with the daughter so couldn’t attend and never got anything else from them. I like the idea, maybe I’ll get another invite sometime.

The University also puts up a nice wooden wall panel with your name on it in the large meeting room. Ike Belk was there last night too. His contributions to the school total over $19 million! This was a good time, excellent food, and I look forward to next year. All it takes is 15 consecutive years of contributions, regardless of the dollar amount, and I think includes athletic giving.

The University also puts up a nice wooden wall panel with your name on it in the large meeting room. Ike Belk was there last night too. His contributions to the school total over $19 million! This was a good time, excellent food, and I look forward to next year. All it takes is 15 consecutive years of contributions, regardless of the dollar amount, and I think includes athletic giving.[/quote] Yes, giving to athletic foundation is included.

This is actually new, and as already stated more about the long term commitment vs. the amount. Great way to say thanks.

Ah, wish I had known, I’ve been invited twice now I think. I thought it was just another way to ask me for money.

Maybe we can re-request an invite.

Interesting… I’ve got 17 years of continuous and have never heard of it.

If they missed you they need to know… Growing pains. I can find out who you need to contact if you want.

I think I’m in that boat too if athletic foundation donations are included. Chasmo, please post that info once you find out who the contact is.

I think I’m in that boat too if athletic foundation donations are included. Chasmo, please post that info once you find out who the contact is.[/quote]

I got the invite and I do not have 17 years of continuous giving.

clt didn’t even go to college, and clt was invited.

I think I’m in that boat too if athletic foundation donations are included. Chasmo, please post that info once you find out who the contact is.[/quote] Hmm…Maybe I was wrong about Athletic Foundation gifts being included. I know I got an invitation and I don’t think I have 15 years of giving outside of
athletics. I have tried lately to give at least something toward pure academics so maybe it has been 15 years. Time goes quicker in later life ( :slight_smile: )

[quote=“cltniners, post:12, topic:29039”]clt didn’t even go to college, and clt was invited.[/quote] Clt’s fame supersedes all rules.

I think I’m in that boat too if athletic foundation donations are included. Chasmo, please post that info once you find out who the contact is.[/quote] Hmm…Maybe I was wrong about Athletic Foundation gifts being included. I know I got an invitation and I don’t think I have 15 years of giving outside of
athletics. I have tried lately to give at least something toward pure academics so maybe it has been 15 years. Time goes quicker in later life ( :slight_smile: )[/quote]
I have been giving to the University continuously for 15+ years which is what my name tag said, but I have been giving to Athletics continuously for 20+ years. This led me to believe that they were only counting non-Athletics, but like I said in the original post I had no idea why I was invited. Also, the Office of Development seemed to be the host and there were no AD people there.

I am pretty sure I got an invite, and only graduated 11 years ago. Hmmm… if you count tuition, I’ve been giving for about 15 years.