The Bell

Was rung after every score and you can’t hear it at all (crowd cheering, fight song being played on speakers, etc)

The bell needs to be changed out with a cannon. We use a cannon at AL Brown to fire after every score and it’s pretty cool. In Kannapolis, the cannon was representative of Cannon mills. Here…the cannon could be constructed to look like a dynamite plunger…symbolizing mining explosions.

Just think the bell is a waste if we can’t hear it and no one knows it’s there. We would hear an explosion…and it fits our Forty Niner mining motif.

Yeah I was close to the bell and couldn’t hear it alt all. Maybe they could mike it?

ECU uses a cannon, Mississippi State uses a cannon… probably lots of schools use bells too, but I think I like the idea better. I say we should mike it.

We’z gonna needs us a bigger Bell!

What bell?

If we want to keep with our mining theme we should have a nice size dynamite plunger that norm hits when we score… And the sound could either be a real explosion or done over the speakers.

I couldn’t hear the bell in the opposite endzone, but switched sides at half and heard it easily - this is the type of feedback the AD needs.

BTW - THE SPEAKERS SUUUUCCCCCCKED

Norm uses the dynamite plunger to make fireworks go off like they did at the player entrance. Someone make it happen.

That would be cool

I thought the steam whistle idea was the best.

I was hoping this was about tacos

That would be cool[/quote]

Well, if we’re going to play the explosion over the speakers we may as well just keep the bell… it’s louder.

THE BELL IS ALREADY OUR TRADITION. Why do we have to copy other schools with cannons? That is NOT our tradition. JUST MIC THE SUCKER UP SO WE CAN HEAR IT.

…and add speakers :stuck_out_tongue:

Chapel Hill and Duke play for a bell.

Chapel Hill and Duke play for a bell.[/quote]

So do Huss and Ashbrook, Kannapolis and Concord. So what? It’s also been our tradition to ring our bell and we should keep it going or there is NO tradition.

I agree with 49er1. The bell is our tradition. They were rolling it out for every special event back in the 80s when I first attended and long before that. Mic that sucker up over better speakers and we are all set.

I third that

So do Huss and Ashbrook, Kannapolis and Concord. So what? It’s also been our tradition to ring our bell and we should keep it going or there is NO tradition.[/quote]

Point is it’s not much of a tradition considering we just played our first game. A steam/train whistle would be more unique and something our neighbor right down the road isn’t already doing.

So do Huss and Ashbrook, Kannapolis and Concord. So what? It’s also been our tradition to ring our bell and we should keep it going or there is NO tradition.[/quote]

Point is it’s not much of a tradition considering we just played our first game.
A steam/train whistle would be more unique and something our neighbor right down the road isn’t already doing.[/quote]

The Bell has been campus tradition long before football was even anything more than a dream. To say that it’s not much of a tradition is just wrong.