The Bell

Chapel Hill and Duke play for a bell.[/quote]

So do Huss and Ashbrook, Kannapolis and Concord. So what? It’s also been our tradition to ring our bell and we should keep it going or there is NO tradition.[/quote]

Point is it’s not much of a tradition considering we just played our first game.
A steam/train whistle would be more unique and something our neighbor right down the road isn’t already doing.[/quote]

The Bell has been campus tradition long before football was even anything more than a dream. To say that it’s not much of a tradition is just wrong.[/quote]

The use of the bell during football is new and not a tradition. We can utilize the bell somehow, but after touchdowns is anti-climatic.

So do Huss and Ashbrook, Kannapolis and Concord. So what? It’s also been our tradition to ring our bell and we should keep it going or there is NO tradition.[/quote]

Point is it’s not much of a tradition considering we just played our first game.
A steam/train whistle would be more unique and something our neighbor right down the road isn’t already doing.[/quote]

The Bell has been campus tradition long before football was even anything more than a dream. To say that it’s not much of a tradition is just wrong.[/quote]

The use of the bell during football is new and not a tradition. We can utilize the bell somehow, but after touchdowns is anti-climatic.[/quote]
I agree. I’m sure we can work in the bell somehow, but after touchdowns i’m not the biggest fan of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57M3rKfYnpg

My vote is for the dynamite. I’m pretty sure no one else does that.

Trip the fatties who don’t use the free gym and we can be the first school to use tremors after a score.

The use of the bell during football is new and not a tradition. We can utilize the bell somehow, but after touchdowns is anti-climatic.[/quote]

Right. I was talking about an after a touchdown tradition.

Right. I was talking about an after a touchdown tradition.[/quote]

Going into this season, we had never scored a touchdown without ringing that bell.

I like the idea of the bell being a part of the Gameday traditions. I heard it rung after TDs on Saturday but didnt pay attention every time.

Maybe this happened and I missed or couldn’t hear it, but the bell should be taken out to mid field before the game, the folks that are ringing it get announced, and they ring the hell out of it right before kick-off. This signals the crowd that it is time to get loud.

The Panthers do something similar with their Keep Pounding drum. A former player or celebrity pounds the drum right before kick-off.

I wasn’t able to get a program. Was there any mention of the bell in there?

I got the free program and the program you had to pay for.

No mention of bell in either one and that should be included

I didn’t notice the bell, but I wasn’t looking for it- I was too busy jumping around like a fool.

My only complaints have to do with the sound system… I was sitting in the middle and couldn’t hear squat… after reading what the intro song was I’m glad I couldn’t hear it.

clt could not hear the bell from the zep.

[size=36pt]STEAM WHISTLE !!![/size]

would love a whistle

How about firecrackers? Or the cries of newborn babies?

[quote=“Crusader, post:29, topic:28197”]I got the free program and the program you had to pay for.

No mention of bell in either one and that should be included[/quote]

Pay for? They missed a sale cuz I would have bought one. I didn’t see anything besides what was on the table at the entrance.