The Citadel Postgame

Very entertaining game. I guess anytime you have over 100 with four minutes left its going to be a fun game to watch. My god are the Citadel a horrible defensive team. Did I see that they gave up 144 to Butler earlier on in the season? That’s insane. They make those late Bobby Lutz defensive teams seem like the Bad Boy Pistons.

Great game by our three key freshman (White, Davis, Scott) and Big Jo. The four of them combined for 76 of the 111 points.

Cupcake game, but it’s just what this young inexperienced team needed. Loved it.

Great game to watch. It’s been a while since we scored this many points.

Davis is growing on me. Hopefully he continues to develop as a pg and I would be surprised if he didn’t under price.

The only good thing about all the turnover is that our freshman players are getting a lot of on the court learning their first year. If White, Davis and Scott continue to improve, by the time they are seniors we will have some good pieces. Hopefully Price can solidify the inside sooner than later.

We had almost 4 players with 20 points I believe.

this almost parallels the way the panthers had to improve–thru miserable circumstances. but some of those guys who were pressed into playing before their time, came thru greatly. and now–how they shine!

Yes but we have lost several that should have been cupcakes so this is a huge improvement.

Tough to read much into this game because the style is so different from what we’ve played so far. Liked how the guys handled the pressure except for the last 5 minutes before the half. The other thing I liked was that there was a clear halftime adjustment to push the ball down low to Uchebo. Nice coaching that can be seen.

Kind of a fun, run and gun game to watch. The Citadel will frustrate a lot of teams this year. I believe we heard in the pregame that they are averaging 54 three point shots per game. Clearly that is their game plan and we limited them to 29, and I believe only 6 in the first half. It has been so long since I have seen us dictate what the other team could do that I hardly remembered what it looked like.

Count me in as really excited to see what Price can do over the course of the season. It’s been a while since we’ve seen true adjustments and a team that seems to be improving. I don’t necessarily expect a win against ODU, but if we don’t get blown out I’ll be happy.

[quote=“cibik02, post:4, topic:30077”]Davis is growing on me. Hopefully he continues to develop as a pg and I would be surprised if he didn’t under price.

The only good thing about all the turnover is that our freshman players are getting a lot of on the court learning their first year. If White, Davis and Scott continue to improve, by the time they are seniors we will have some good pieces. Hopefully Price can solidify the inside sooner than later.

We had almost 4 players with 20 points I believe.[/quote]Yep. We should be fine with Davis at PG, Scott at SG and White at SF over the next 3 seasons. Camidge needs to be more patient with shot-selection and learn team defense if he’s going to fit into the mix.

Post game presser

[quote=“bball49er, post:10, topic:30077”][quote=“cibik02, post:4, topic:30077”]Davis is growing on me. Hopefully he continues to develop as a pg and I would be surprised if he didn’t under price.

We had almost 4 players with 20 points I believe.[/quote]Yep. We should be fine with Davis at PG, Scott at SG and White at SF over the next 3 seasons. Camidge needs to be more patient with shot-selection and learn team defense if he’s going to fit into the mix.[/quote] …and don’t you feel more confident that we’ll actually retain those three for 3 more years than in the past?

[quote=“4ever niner, post:12, topic:30077”][quote=“bball49er, post:10, topic:30077”][quote=“cibik02, post:4, topic:30077”]Davis is growing on me. Hopefully he continues to develop as a pg and I would be surprised if he didn’t under price.

We had almost 4 players with 20 points I believe.[/quote]Yep. We should be fine with Davis at PG, Scott at SG and White at SF over the next 3 seasons. Camidge needs to be more patient with shot-selection and learn team defense if he’s going to fit into the mix.[/quote] …and don’t you feel more confident that we’ll actually retain those three for 3 more years than in the past?[/quote]I don’t. And that’s no indictment on Coach Price, it’s just the way the game goes these days. If we keep all 3 of those guys for 4 years, I’ll be impressed.

[quote=“4ever niner, post:12, topic:30077”][quote=“bball49er, post:10, topic:30077”][quote=“cibik02, post:4, topic:30077”]Davis is growing on me. Hopefully he continues to develop as a pg and I would be surprised if he didn’t under price.

We had almost 4 players with 20 points I believe.[/quote]Yep. We should be fine with Davis at PG, Scott at SG and White at SF over the next 3 seasons. Camidge needs to be more patient with shot-selection and learn team defense if he’s going to fit into the mix.[/quote] …and don’t you feel more confident that we’ll actually retain those three for 3 more years than in the past?[/quote]I don’t, it is just the way things are these days.

[quote=“Niner National, post:13, topic:30077”][quote=“4ever niner, post:12, topic:30077”][quote=“bball49er, post:10, topic:30077”][quote=“cibik02, post:4, topic:30077”]Davis is growing on me. Hopefully he continues to develop as a pg and I would be surprised if he didn’t under price.

We had almost 4 players with 20 points I believe.[/quote]Yep. We should be fine with Davis at PG, Scott at SG and White at SF over the next 3 seasons. Camidge needs to be more patient with shot-selection and learn team defense if he’s going to fit into the mix.[/quote] …and don’t you feel more confident that we’ll actually retain those three for 3 more years than in the past?[/quote]I don’t. And that’s no indictment on Coach Price, it’s just the way the game goes these days. If we keep all 3 of those guys for 4 years, I’ll be impressed.[/quote]

I think they hang around. I think our players are developing what looks like a lot of respect for Coach Price.

[quote=“2k, post:14, topic:30077”][quote=“4ever niner, post:12, topic:30077”][quote=“bball49er, post:10, topic:30077”][quote=“cibik02, post:4, topic:30077”]Davis is growing on me. Hopefully he continues to develop as a pg and I would be surprised if he didn’t under price.

We had almost 4 players with 20 points I believe.[/quote]Yep. We should be fine with Davis at PG, Scott at SG and White at SF over the next 3 seasons. Camidge needs to be more patient with shot-selection and learn team defense if he’s going to fit into the mix.[/quote] …and don’t you feel more confident that we’ll actually retain those three for 3 more years than in the past?[/quote]I don’t, it is just the way things are these days.[/quote]
I think it is a reality that if Price can start recruiting the kind of players that put us at the top of the conference some of our current players are going to lose playing time. If they transfer down so they can start somewhere else I can live with that. It is transferring up and taking their talents to a better team that kills me.

[quote=“Nugget, post:16, topic:30077”][quote=“2k, post:14, topic:30077”][quote=“4ever niner, post:12, topic:30077”][quote=“bball49er, post:10, topic:30077”][quote=“cibik02, post:4, topic:30077”]Davis is growing on me. Hopefully he continues to develop as a pg and I would be surprised if he didn’t under price.

We had almost 4 players with 20 points I believe.[/quote]Yep. We should be fine with Davis at PG, Scott at SG and White at SF over the next 3 seasons. Camidge needs to be more patient with shot-selection and learn team defense if he’s going to fit into the mix.[/quote] …and don’t you feel more confident that we’ll actually retain those three for 3 more years than in the past?[/quote]I don’t, it is just the way things are these days.[/quote]
I think it is a reality that if Price can start recruiting the kind of players that put us at the top of the conference some of our current players are going to lose playing time. If they transfer down so they can start somewhere else I can live with that. It is transferring up and taking their talents to a better team that kills me.[/quote]Agreed.

[quote=“bball49er, post:10, topic:30077”][quote=“cibik02, post:4, topic:30077”]Davis is growing on me. Hopefully he continues to develop as a pg and I would be surprised if he didn’t under price.

We had almost 4 players with 20 points I believe.[/quote]Yep. We should be fine with Davis at PG, Scott at SG and White at SF over the next 3 seasons. Camidge needs to be more patient with shot-selection and learn team defense if he’s going to fit into the mix.[/quote]

clt bets jackson starts next year.

Postgame press: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ncZE3IhEbUY

I’m glad we’ve had 3 great games since exams are over. This 2-1 stretch looks like a different team than the 1-8 stretch. I’m actually hopeful for CUSA play now.

That being said, we can’t give up 93 points anymore.