The ignorance.....

on this board is unreal. I swear I don’t think I have ever read so many dumb comments about this Charlotte team in my life. You are entitled to your opinion and that is fine. However, do all you dumb asses realize that the home team wins 82% of all games during the b-ball season. We were without our starting point guard, and on the road against a team who has never lost 2 in a row at home. I have never in my life been on a board where so many people bash their home team. Its no damn wonder why all the pro teams around Charlotte want to move. Look at any major teams board and see if there is as much crying and shit that is in here. Hell, the Terps are off to their worst start in history up here, the team and coach are having internal problems and yet people are still positive about the season. This is a marathon, not a sprint. I know the majority of people in here are staying positive, but you negative a-holes are starting to piss me off. Shut the hell up and go route for Duke.

Have you ever been to the Memphis board? :smiley:

Hey dude don’t lump us all together. I thought it would have been a major upset for us to win at Cincy without our starting PG who can basically neutralize pressure. Which, incidentally is what they do best. Also, Baldwin is able to close out on outside shooters because of his quickness when others can’t.

Bottom line is that most of us probably didn’t to win last night, but we sure didn’t expect to mail it in with 12 min left in the game. If anyone thought we were going 16-0 in the conference, then they’re idiots.

Take your own solid advice. Drink a beer or 12 and come Saturday we’ll be okay. Hootie gaurantees it.

Yeah, I know what you mean hootie and I understand what you are saying. I will take that advice and i will be watching Saturday as well. I did not want to come across like this whole board is a bunch of a-holes, it was meant for the minority on here.

Two different things:

1. W vs L
  2. Playing hard, tough, etc

If we were griping about #1 (like many of our fans do too often) this much, I’d be on board with you. But I’m pissed about not doing #2. Bash me for it as you see fit.

[SIZE=4]FORTY!!![/SIZE]

[COLOR=green]NINERS!!!

[SIZE=4]NINERS!!![/SIZE]

[i]Originally posted by MD49er[/i]@Jan 20 2005, 09:30 AM [b] on this board is unreal. I swear I don't think I have ever read so many dumb comments about this Charlotte team in my life. You are entitled to your opinion and that is fine. However, do all you dumb asses realize that the home team wins 82% of all games during the b-ball season. We were without our starting point guard, and on the road against a team who has never lost 2 in a row at home. I have never in my life been on a board where so many people bash their home team. Its no damn wonder why all the pro teams around Charlotte want to move. Look at any major teams board and see if there is as much crying and shit that is in here. Hell, the Terps are off to their worst start in history up here, the team and coach are having internal problems and yet people are still positive about the season. This is a marathon, not a sprint. I know the majority of people in here are staying positive, but you negative a-holes are starting to piss me off. Shut the hell up and go route for Duke. [/b]
Call it waht you want...

Am I pissed? Hell yeah, but not al the fact we lost. I knew this would be a huge bonus for us to walk away with a win. The fact that we showed no effort in the second half and basically quit in the last 5 minutes if what burns my butt.

Agree with previous 2 guys. Not that we lost,but that we quit that chaps my ass! Also MD,in my opinion comparing Charlotte program with Terps is not exactly apples to apples. As I recall,Maryland plays in the toughest conference in the country…they won a friggin national title a few years ago…and they’ve got a world class coach…imho. We weren’t as good as 12-2 before cinci.,and we’re not as bad as last nights game…but I really believe our coach ain’t pushing the right buttons,sorry.He needs to find a way to get last years best player back on track,he needs to bite the bullet,at least for now on ITI,till,and if he ever improves,and he and his asst. coaches need to do what their most important job is…TEACH FUNDAMENTALS…like how to box out,team defense,setting screens etc…All these shortcomings(in my opinion) won’t keep me from rooting my ass off for the niners,but the fact is…we’re probably never gonna be able to outrecruit the CArolinas,Dukes etc…we got to make due with what we have,and get the most out of our guys.If you wanna lump me in with the bashers…be my guest…fire away!

[b]Hootie guarantees it.[/b]

Third person. Is Hootie CLT?

[b]BOBBY LUTZ FOR PRESIDENT!!! PLAVICH IS OUR MICHAEL VICK!!! 14-2 IN CONFERENCE!!!! I THINK WE ARE GOING TO THE ELITE EIGHT!!!! BOBBY IS THE BEST X AND O COACH IN THE BUSINESS, HUGGINS SAYS SO!!! SOMETIMES TEAMS LIKE YALE PLAY GOOD TO!!!! WE ARE GONNA WIN BY 30 TONIGHT!!!! [SIZE=14][COLOR=green][FONT=Courier][B][U]FORTY!!!!!! [/b]

:rolleyes:
Im sick of this ignorance! People on this board that want to talk about real basketball, the issues this team has, and how to improve. Thats OK. But to read all this BS above pisses me off.

I WOULDN’T SAY ELITE EIGHT THIS YEAR, I TALK TO TOM SORENSON FROM THE CHARLOTTE OBSERVER AND HE TOLD ME WE MIGHT GET TO THE SWEET SIXTEEN… WHICH IS GREAT

I don’t think anyone is really shocked that we lost. I am shocked at the poor effort. I went back last night and watched the game again when I got home and stopped and rewinded several times to see just how bad our guys got out played inside. EJ Drayton trying to block out one of the Cincy big men is EXTREMELY unrealistic. Withers looked half asleep and got outplayed inside.

I can deal with the loss but losing by 22 and having our big men once again play this bad is getting old.

[i]Originally posted by Sideshow[/i]@Jan 20 2005, 10:53 AM [b]
[b]Hootie guarantees it.[/b]

Third person. Is Hootie CLT? [/b]

clt says that clt knows clt, and hootie is no clt.

Let’s see if I can relieve some of the ignorance that bothers Hooligan.

1- No Bobby Lutz will not be president. It doesn’t pay enough and he’s second guessed enough in the position he’s in.

2- No, Plavich is not our Micheal Vick. He could however be our Timmy Smith. He tends to do well on big stages.

3- 14-2 in the Conference is possible but not probable. I’d be real happy with 12-4.

4- Elite eight, see above. Anything can happen in March. We do have talent. I’d be happy to get to the tourny and see what shakes out. It’s not beyond the realm of possiblity to win two or three games. It’s also possible to be one and done.

5- Lutz isn’t a bad X & O guy, but Huggins has been known to drinks a bit.

6- Yes, teams like Yale are entitled to play well on occasion.

7- We don’t win by 30 very often, no matter who we play.

The only Ignorance on the board is ignorance of the facts. The bottom line is we tried to zone up Cincinatti with junk defenses in the 2nd half. Zone defenses do not bode well for defensive rebounding. When are we going to play some straight up man to man defense. I’ve been screaming and praying for it all year. We get killed on the glass because we switch zones so often, nobody knows who to block out and one guy slips free.

And don’t get me started on our offense. It was all one on one. Why did Coach not call a Timeout and let them have it. He’s not running the ship this year, the players are. I’ve never seen a coach give his team that much freedom. Well at least a coach that actually won games. He needs to tighten the reigns cuz these guys don’t understand how to play team basketball. Call it trying to do too much or selfish I could care less, it’s still not scoring us points.

[i]Originally posted by 49erFan1[/i]@Jan 20 2005, 02:11 PM [b] The only Ignorance on the board is ignorance of the facts. [/b]
I like that quote!
[b]5- Lutz isn't a bad X & O guy, but Huggins has been known to drinks a bit.[/b]

Every coach says that every other coach is great because no one wants to be the guy that loses to the guy they said couldn’t coach.

The bottom line is that this was ONE game.
ONE game on the road.
ONE game without our starting PG
ONE freaking game fellas.
We are fine.