the O-List: Charlotte's All-time starting five

[QUOTE=919R;391364]although it seems most posters would disagree with me, I would probably take Eddie off of that list. As good as he was, he was not better than several guys that were left off, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Iā€™m with 91 here. I respect Eddieā€™s body of work, but Jarvis was SI freshman of the year averaging over 19 points and about 9 rebounds per game. His skills got better each year, and by the time he was a senior, he was a fantastic offensive [U]and defensive[/U] player.

Although I never saw Kinch play, I know some old people who did and they said he was the best. I could bump DeMarco for Chad Kinch.

[QUOTE=MEGRNiner;391575]Iā€™m with 91 here. I respect Eddieā€™s body of work, but Jarvis was SI freshman of the year averaging over 19 points and about 9 rebounds per game. His skills got better each year, and by the time he was a senior, he was a fantastic offensive [U]and defensive[/U] player.

Although I never saw Kinch play, I know some old people who did and they said he was the best. I could bump DeMarco for Chad Kinch.[/QUOTE]

clt would put kenny whitehead jr on the list.

[QUOTE=cltniners;391603]clt would put kenny whitehead jr on the list.[/QUOTE]

No way he makes it over the beast in your avatar.

Kinch, Henry, Massey, Maxwell, Rodney White

[QUOTE=hootie;391712]Rodney White[/QUOTE]

I was wondering when he was going to enter the conversation. National freshman of the year, lottery pick. Yeah, he screwed his life up after he left, but he still is worthy of mention.

I loved Jarvis and knew him but he never got much better. His best yr was his frosh yr. He is probably the best raw athlete in 49er history.

[QUOTE=metro;391789]I loved Jarvis and knew him but he never got much better. His best yr was his frosh yr. He is probably the best raw athlete in 49er history.[/QUOTE]

He was a friggin beast. The dunk off of the inbounds play was a thng of lore. I wish there was video of some of his stuff.

Thought Demarco was a better player, though. Withers could have made us forget all of them if had Jarvisā€™ motor.

malik el tamirā€¦ I hear he was legendaryā€¦

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;391891]malik el tamirā€¦ I hear he was legendaryā€¦[/QUOTE]

clt says you are a wise man.

I loved Jarvis and knew him but he never got much better. His best yr was his frosh yr. He is probably the best raw athlete in 49er history.
I thought he improved, just not as much as I expected him to after that freshman season and I think teams keyed on him a bit more with Williams gone. He added more of a short to mid-range game if I remember right. He shot a few 3's his senior year.

Iā€™d put Dinkins, Williams, Demarco, Maxwell, and maybe Basden or Massey. Donā€™t know enough about the 70ā€™s players to really judge though, so I could see Kinch on there. What did he do after the final four year?

White might have been more talented than the other two small forwards, but he wasnā€™t here long enough to really evaluate, and I remember him having a slump during the one season.