the offical F*** GW postgame thread

I hate them.

That’s pretty much all I have to say on the subject.

Fuck GW
Fuck your awful arena
Fuck your punk coach
Fuck your bullshit handchecking, bumping, get away with as much as you can playstyle
Fuck you for jobbing us in 2006
Fuck your entire putrid program There is absolutely nothing I like or respect about it

You didn’t even have the best Alex K. Our Kuehl was better than your Khoul.

Ah, our patented late season collapse is in full swing now. 4 L’s in the last 5 games. NIT here we come. Very frustrating to watch.

this.

Just glad that the bus trip was cancelled! Whew! I dodged a bullet on that one…

Well, it was ugly. We are showing that we are getting worse on defense. I mean, they were fast breaking us off of made shots, which is almost unheard of.

Foul trouble was everywhere. I still disagree with Lutz sitting Spears for 18 mins in the first half and Bras for 15 mins. I know some disagree with this, but you have to be able to adapt as a coach and trust your players. This was a game we needed to roll the dice in and gamble if we wanted to win. Our backups hung in there for awhile, but you could see it falling apart slowly. Being down 9 at halftime, you knew what the result would be.

Anyways, it might have not mattered. What doesnt matter to us anymore is an at large chance at NCAA.

Kind of glad. Still hoping for a coaching change…

Kind of glad. Still hoping for a coaching change…[/quote]
“Charlotte can’t do better than Lutz.”

“We don’t have enough money”.

“We’re better than expected.”

“We had our 2nd best SG transfer and our 3rd best SG get injured.”

“It’s not Lutz’s fault our players can’t make baskets or play defense.”

There, I have saved all of the Lutz-defenders 10 minutes writing the aforementioned excuses.

Kind of glad. Still hoping for a coaching change…[/quote]
“Charlotte can’t do better than Lutz.”

“We don’t have enough money”.

“We’re better than expected.”

“We had our 2nd best SG transfer and our 3rd best SG get injured.”

“It’s not Lutz’s fault our players can’t make baskets or play defense.”

There, I have saved all of the Lutz-defenders 10 minutes writing the aforementioned excuses.[/quote]
Attaboy- good job.

However, I do think Lutz has done ok this year. Lots of new guys and we have a good young nucleus.

It’s embarrassing how bad we are at transition D though.

[quote=“Iron9er, post:5, topic:22576”]Just glad that the bus trip was cancelled! Whew! I dodged a bullet on that one…

Well, it was ugly. We are showing that we are getting worse on defense. I mean, they were fast breaking us off of made shots, which is almost unheard of.

Foul trouble was everywhere. I still disagree with Lutz sitting Spears for 18 mins in the first half and Bras for 15 mins. I know some disagree with this, but you have to be able to adapt as a coach and trust your players. This was a game we needed to roll the dice in and gamble if we wanted to win. Our backups hung in there for awhile, but you could see it falling apart slowly. Being down 9 at halftime, you knew what the result would be.

Anyways, it might have not mattered. What doesnt matter to us anymore is an at large chance at NCAA.[/quote]

I agree, Lutz sitting out our best players when we were losing was not a smart decision…

And taking out Gokhan after he makes 2 threes in like 5 seconds? What the heck.

I was at the game and what pissed me off is that during halftime they had their “Best moment ever in GW basketball” and guess what it was??? Yes, it was the Leemire scandal.

One thing I forgot to mention… The GW fans did not heckle us at all during the game, very classy. I didn’t sit close to students though, so that might have been different.

I know this sucks, but you can still feel good…just place bets against em…we all know how they play. It’s a slam dunk. Won $150 tonight. Also that Xavier game was an easy pick em as well.

I’m sure that was fun to have to watch.

it’s 9:36. coupla hours after the game. there have been 11 posts on this topic. what does that have to say about whatever? wait! wait! there have been 2 new replies since something. should i rethink? or have alot of people just given up?

Fuck you gw

Felt bad for Braswell not getting more playing time. His family was there watching him.

I’ll copy/paste my Duquesne and Xavier post game comments if you would like. Those comments would only be altered slightly.

No need to get down in the dumps. We were an underdog according to the betting lines and barely beat GW at home. If we were going to lose a game over the last three, I would have picked this one. URI is more important as far as getting the bye in the A10 Tourney, and we can still get that #4 seed by winning the last 2 games unless SLU pulls a miracle and beats both Temple and Dayton.

“It was their time to win and our time to lose matt, and that’s all I can say about it.” -Lutz

Worst post game comments ever. Lutz has had some good coaching games this year, but this was not one of them. Sitting Braswell and Spears for so long was a horrible choice. Keeping Anjuan and Dew on the court for as long as he did was a huge mistake.

An’juan Wilderness & Charles Dewhurst: 30 minutes, 0 points, 4 turnovers, 5 fouls

[quote=“punkrockcowboy, post:18, topic:22576”]“It was their time to win and our time to lose matt, and that’s all I can say about it.” -Lutz

Worst post game comments ever. Lutz has had some good coaching games this year, but this was not one of them. Sitting Braswell and Spears for so long was a horrible choice. Keeping Anjuan and Dew on the court for as long as he did was a huge mistake.

An’juan Wilderness & Charles Dewhurst: 30 minutes, 0 points, 4 turnovers, 5 fouls[/quote]

Woww, I agree. Lutz made some terrible substitution decisions this game…

I really think Barnett and Sirin deserve minutes over Wilderness and Dew. Sure their defense isn’t as good, but it’s not like our defense is good when Dew and Wilderness are in the game anyway. At least they’re a threat to score. I’m not saying don’t play Dew and Wilderness at all, but if they’re going to collectively average single digits per game, there is no reason for them to play so much.