The Official NN.N Beer Thread!

I hope one of these hasn’t been created already…if so, I apologize.

But here we go! Lets talk beer!

I’m drinking the Circus Boy Hefeweizen by Magic Hat. Its a good beer, with a decent finish. As far as Hefe’s go, I haven’t tried enough to make a quality judgement, but it is as good if not a little better than the Hurricane Hefe I had with Gill at Foothills Brewing in Winston-Salem.

Another good beer is Moosehead Lager, which I have a 12 pack of in the fridge that I’m waiting to drink til thursday so I can have 6 for me, and 6 in honor of C49er, who cant be here :frowning:

lets hear 'em!

what do you love? what do you hate?

No Lite/Light beers allowed!

They are not beers!

If you like the taste of light beer then you don’t like the taste of beer!

I vote Guinness or Warsteiner Dunkle

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;340759]No Lite/Light beers allowed!

They are not beers!

If you like the taste of light beer then you don’t like the taste of beer!

I vote Guinness or Warsteiner Dunkle[/QUOTE]

if you like stouts, give old rasputin milk stout a try or duck rabbit milk stout.

As far as cheap beer goes, PBR has grown on me.

I havent really had any beer in a while, so I’m not much help.

Yuengling is always good.

Yuengling is always good.

x2, I know it’s lost it’s “newness” but I think its the best beer for the buck.

[QUOTE=EE9er;340771]x2, I know it’s lost it’s “newness” but I think its the best beer for the buck.[/QUOTE]

concur. yuengling is a very good beer.

I’d like to buy better beer, but all of my extra money goes to the 49er club.

PBR is not only my favorite cheap beer, but it’s my favorite beer period. I don’t like Sam Adams at all. I don’t like Heineken. I do like High Life. I like an assortment of light beers as well, because I don’t want to get any fatter off beer.

Recently I’ve been on a fall beer collection kick, so I’ve been trying an assortment of fall brews. The Cottonwood Pumpkin Ale is pretty good.

[QUOTE=RWORKMAN09;340780]Recently I’ve been on a fall beer collection kick, so I’ve been trying an assortment of fall brews. The Cottonwood Pumpkin Ale is pretty good.[/QUOTE]

i liked that sam adams oktoberfest. too bad i had to get in a car and i couldnt finish it :frowning:

Recently I've been on a fall beer collection kick, so I've been trying an assortment of fall brews. The Cottonwood Pumpkin Ale is pretty good.

Haha, I am here to verify the factual integrity of this post. Ryan Workman is very much on a Fall beer kick.

I’m not a huge beer drinker, but my favorites without Light/Lite in the name:

Kokanee
Moosehead
Yuengling

[QUOTE=C49er;340786]I’m not a huge beer drinker, but my favorites without Light/Lite in the name:

Kokanee
[B]Moosehead[/B]
Yuengling[/QUOTE]

see my first post :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=jfickett;340787]see my first post :)[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I expect a drunk phone conversation on Thursday!

[QUOTE=C49er;340789]Awesome. I expect a drunk phone conversation on Thursday![/QUOTE]

OH YES.

My favorite standby for Picasso’s is Yuengling… that said, my favorites are…

Chimay Bleu
Cottonwood Endo IPA
Dogfish Head 90-Minute
Victory Prima Pils
Anchor Old Foghorn (wish I could find it around here more)

Yuengling Black and Tan

Killian’s Irish Red

[QUOTE=jfickett;340755]I hope one of these hasn’t been created already…if so, I apologize.

But here we go! Lets talk beer!

I’m drinking the Circus Boy Hefeweizen by Magic Hat. Its a good beer, with a decent finish. As far as Hefe’s go, I haven’t tried enough to make a quality judgement, but it is as good if not a little better than the Hurricane Hefe I had with Gill at Foothills Brewing in Winston-Salem.

Another good beer is Moosehead Lager, which I have a 12 pack of in the fridge that I’m waiting to drink til thursday so I can have 6 for me, and 6 in honor of C49er, who cant be here :frowning:

lets hear 'em!

what do you love? what do you hate?[/QUOTE]

Job if you like Hefeweizens try Pyramid Hefe its a damn good beer.

A few of my favorites:

-Youngs Double Choc.
-Red Oak
-Highland Gaelic
-Smithwicks
-Cottonwood Brown
-Terripan IPA

i liked that sam adams oktoberfest. too bad i had to get in a car and i couldnt finish it :(

road beer ftw!

Yuengling is the best beer for the price by far. Of all the crappy, cheap “____” Light beers I like Busch Light the best. I’m a huge fan of European brews though. Some of my favorites are Heineken (Dutch), Stella Artois (Belgian) and Bavaria (German).

Oh and how could I forget Pilsner Urquell (Czech).

One of the best beers though is Dab (German) but it’s very rarely found on store shelves in this part of the country.