The Plot to Disrupt the NCAA

I am not in favor of the proposal, but it is interesting. Discuss.

[quote=“Nugget, post:1, topic:30990”]I am not in favor of the proposal, but it is interesting. Discuss.

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/the-plot-to-disrupt-the-ncaa-with-a-pay-for-play-hbcu-basketball-league[/quote]

NBA is going to beat them to it. Starting next year every team will have a D league team. Once that happens the NBA will lift the 1 year deal and college is free to institute a 2 or 3 year requirement. HS players have a choice, go play in college or make 30k in the D league. Actually I assume to get the players association to sign onto this they will up that base salary. I a player chooses to attend college thats their decision - there is a pay path available.

clt says this is bad idea. Most athletes don’t go pro and need to fall back on their education.

Mike Decourcy responds.

Sportingnews.com: PLOT TO FORM HBCU PRO LEAGUE IS ANOTHER DOOMED, ANTI-NCAA FANTASY

A 401-K? They don’t tell you the catch is you have to be 21 to start, & most guys out of high school are 18. Oh, & educational institutions can delay until 26, so no, you’re not getting that 401-K. If they lowered to 21 for athletes, they have to lower for other employees who’ve worked there at least a year and are that age.