The Rivals 340

[URL=http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1146&CID=735518][SIZE=4] 1-170[/URL][/SIZE]
[URL=http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1146&CID=735519] [SIZE=4]171-340[/URL][/SIZE]

Charlotte in at 131.

[Quote]131. Charlotte
The 49ers lost six seniors and two transfers. No wonder Bobby Lutz considered taking the South Alabama job. [/QUOTE]

Others of Note:

1. Southern Illinois
  2. Davidson
  3. Xavier
  4. Maryland
  5. St. Joes
  6. Georgia Tech
  7. Rhode Island
  8. St. Louis
  9. Fordham
  10. Clemson (just get the freaking CLEMSON out of your userid :lol:)
  11. George Washington
  12. Dayton
  13. UNC Greensboro (Wow)
  14. App St.
  15. Wake Forest
  16. Winthrop
  17. High Point (underrated IMO)
  18. Duquesne (underrated IMO)
  19. Temple
  20. UMASS
  21. Hofstra
  22. UNCA
  23. Western Carolina
  24. La Salle
  25. Richmond
  26. East Carolina
  27. St. Bonaventure
  28. Gardner-Webb (underrated IMO)
  29. Elon

I wonder if High Point will be giving us points on the spread.

I am so pessimistic.

I would like Cmack, eason, dax, whoever to know that it is my fault that the niners are percieved to be the 131st team in the country. I was the only person capable of voting for Rivals, and this is how my ballot fell.

apologies.

[QUOTE=ninerID;266539]man I am so pessimistic.[/QUOTE]
and you are just now finding this out?

paging Bobby Lutz…
bulletin board material

and you are just now finding this out?

between figuring out who you want to pull for this season, why don’t your read some of my posts on expectations on this season. I have stated a couple of times that we should easily do better than 11th, i think in one post I said as high as 6th. I don’t think we’ll do well OOC early, but guess what, we have a tough schedule 4 new starters, and a starter out of position. Thats not pessimism, thats a realistic view of how college basketball works.

my only pessimism that you seem to notice is my distaste for lutz coaching ability which shined through last year. Phil Dubois, Judy Rose, and half the athletic department would agree with me on that, hence telling him maybe he should look elswhere. Sorry we looked awful, way too awful for the talent we had, and any lack of talent was Lutz fault as well, he signed them. Anytime UNCG is percieved to be in a better position we are, it should be embarassing to you.

But guess what, I am throwing last season out the window, but thats hard when you see the distubring pieces that are left over like this one. Its a new season, the cancers are gone, phil is in, wilderness is in, we should have a freaking chip on our shoulder, reports like this should be considered garbage.

[QUOTE=ninerID;266539]I am so pessimistic.

I would like Cmack, eason, dax, whoever to know that it is my fault that the niners are percieved to be the 131st team in the country. I was the only person capable of voting for Rivals, and this is how my ballot fell.

apologies.[/QUOTE]

It’s not seeing us ranked 131st or 11th in our conference or 10th best in the state or whatever that gets me, it’s that when some people see us ranked like that they start talking like the season is already a lost cause.

And more importantly, thanks for not blaming this ranking on football.

It's not seeing us ranked 131st or 11th in our conference or 10th best in the state or whatever that gets me, it's that when some people see us ranked like that they start talking like the season is already a lost cause.

And more importantly, thanks for not blaming this ranking on football.

a season is never a lost cause.
I couldn’t use football, High Point, Winthrop and UNCG are apparently percieved as higher than us. :biggrin:

Hopefully we prove them wrong on #1 this friday, we may see #2, and #3 is just plain sad.*

*numbers reflect teams listed in this post

[QUOTE=CMack124;266560]It’s not seeing us ranked 131st or 11th in our conference or 10th best in the state or whatever that gets me, it’s that when some people see us ranked like that they start talking like the season is already a lost cause.

[/QUOTE]

We haven’t been placed 11th in our conference in over 10 years, maybe more than that. If the team we had last year can be 9th this team, which is much better will not finish 11th in the conference.

[QUOTE=EE9er;266581]We haven’t been placed 11th in our conference in over 10 years, maybe more than that. If the team we had last year can be 9th this team, which is much better will not finish 11th in the conference.[/QUOTE]

I’m not saying I care about the predictions, I’d almost rather see people assume we will be horrible and maybe we can surprise some people. It’s when people around these parts read the preseason predictions and think our season is doomed, that’s the part that annoys me.

[QUOTE=CMack124;266585]It’s when people around these parts read the preseason predictions and think our season is doomed, that’s the part that annoys me.[/QUOTE]
Great point. A season is never doomed before it begins. That’s why the games are played.

I think Wake’s football team was predicted LAST in its division last year… but they wound up playing in the Orange Bowl game.

[QUOTE=CMack124;266585]I’m not saying I care about the predictions, I’d almost rather see people assume we will be horrible and maybe we can surprise some people. It’s when people around these parts read the preseason predictions and think our season is doomed, that’s the part that annoys me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah man I agree, I wasn’t calling you out. I’m sick of people “predicting” we are going to be 11th in the A10 when we haven’t played a game yet, look at Fordham and RI last year they came out of no where I think we can suprise some people also.

[QUOTE=CMack124;266585]Dewhurst + Andersen + P. Jones + Wilderness + Barnett + Gaby + Harris = Great things to come.[/QUOTE]

Gerrity?

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]here is how worthless preseason predictions are[/SIZE][/FONT]

[B]2007 Super Bowl- Vegas Odds[/B] [B]New England Patriots 5/1:[/B] Adding Adalius Thomas and Randy Moss makes the Patriots the trendy pick to win it all in 2007-08. Remember that New England was a second-half collapse away from defeating the word champion [URL=http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/18834.html#]Indianapolis Colts[/URL] last season. [B]Indianapolis Colts 11/2:[/B] History says that it's tough to win two consecutive Super Bowl. Then again, with a quarterback like [URL=http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/18834.html#]Peyton Manning[/URL] at the helm, anything is possible. [B]San Diego Chargers 6/1:[/B] The Chargers are a year older, a year wiser and are likely looking to exact some sort of revenge on a Patriots squad that knocked them out of the postseason last season. However, the team must prove that it can maintain its prior level of success sans Marty Schottenheimer. [B]Chicago Bears 8/1:[/B] Last year, Rex Grossman seemed to prove that he was incapable of leading the Bears to the Promised Land. That being said, Chicago's defense is still top notch and the NFC remains a second-rate conference. [B]Baltimore Ravens 10/1:[/B] The Ravens were a solid team last year in all facets of the game, but I'm not quite sure that they are at the same level of the Patriots and Colts. They're sort of like the Bears, only with a much more reliable quarterback. If only the Ravens played in the NFC... [B]New Orleans Saints 12/1:[/B] Last year's Cinderella will try to take the next step in 2008. With a potent offense and a solid defense, the Saints look like a dark horse in the making. [B]Seattle Seahawks 15/1: [/B] Remember that this team came close to winning the Super Bowl two years ago. As always, the Seahawks' season will rest on the feet of running back Shaun Alexander. [B]Cincinnati Bengals 15/1:[/B] Sure, they have a lot of criminals on their roster, but the Bengals also have plenty of talent. With a fully healthy [URL=http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/18834.html#]Carson Palmer[/URL] at the helm and a defense that is looking to return to its 2005 form, this is another prime candidate for dark horse honors. [B]Dallas Cowboys 20/1: [/B] The Cowboys definitely have potential on both sides of the ball, but unproven talent at the quarterback position and in the coaching staff makes them an unlikely candidate for Super Bowl glory. That being said, they should be in postseason contention, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility. [B]Denver Broncos 25/1:[/B] With a sophomore quarterback at the helm, the Broncos are probably a few years away from challenging for a Super Bowl title. They're a fairly solid team but play in a very tough conference. [B]New York Jets 25/1:[/B] Another prime candidate for dark horse honors. Solid coaching, good quarterback play and a knack for knocking off the Patriots make the Jets an intriguing pick. If the Jets make the playoffs and meet New England for the second straight year, don't be shocked to see New York prevail. [B]Philadelphia Eagles 25/1:[/B] As usual, the Eagles' fortunes will be determined by the health of [URL=http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/18834.html#]Donovan McNabb[/URL]. If he can stay healthy, then they should be a legit contender in the NFC. [B]Pittsburgh Steelers 25/1:[/B] Just one season removed from a world championship, the Steelers could surprise a lot of folks by returning to AFC supremacy. Then again, they could end up being just another also-ran. It will all depend on the consistency of Ben Roethlisberger and the competence of new head coach Mike Tomlin. [B]Jacksonville Jaguars 25/1: [/B] No set quarterback means no real shot for a Super Bowl title. Unless one of their signal callers can permanently take the reins, the Jaguars will continue to be one of those teams that's good but not great. [B]Carolina Panthers 30/1:[/B] The Panthers are simply not a Super Bowl contender at this point, which is a shame. They have solid young running backs and arguably the best receiver in the league. [B]New York Giants 30/1:[/B] If Eli Manning can suddenly morph into a carbon copy of his brother, the Giants will be serious title contenders. It's hard to see that happening, though. Eli might end up being an elite quarterback one day, but probably not in 2008. [B]St. Louis Rams 40/1:[/B] The Rams are another team that seems to be laden with talent but always end up with a mediocre season. There's no compelling reason to believe that this year will be any different. [B]San Francisco 49ers 45/1:[/B] Like the Dolphins in 2006, the 49ers seem to be the fashionable pick to make some noise in 2007. Hopefully, for the fans' sake, the Niners won't suffer the same fate Miami did last year. [B]Minnesota Vikings 50/1:[/B] Someday, Adrian Peterson may take the Vikings a long way, but not yet. However, it will be interesting to see if [URL=http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/18834.html#]Tarvaris Jackson[/URL] has what it takes to be a solid NFL quarterback. [B]Green Bay Packers 50/1:[/B] In what may be [URL=http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/18834.html#]Brett Favre's[/URL] final season, the Packers will be lucky to even sniff the playoffs. [B]Washington Redskins 50/1:[/B] So much talent, so little in the way of results. Is Jason Campbell a true pro QB? We'll be one step closer to knowing the answer once the regular season finally rolls around. [B]Tampa Bay Buccaneers 60/1:[/B] Playing musical quarterbacks is a surefire technique for ensuring that you'll have a disappointing season. However, if Jeff Garcia takes over and catches fire like he did last year, keep an eye out for the Buccaneers. [B]Tennessee Titans 70/1:[/B] I like [URL=http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/18834.html#]Vince Young[/URL] as much as the next guy, but to think that he can single-handedly take the Titans to the postseason and beyond is ludicrous. They still need a lot more pieces. [B]Buffalo Bills 75/1:[/B] This will be the year that Buffalo figures out whether J.P. Losman is its quarterback of the future. Unfortunately, even if Losman pans out, playing in a tough division like the AFC East almost assures that the Bills will miss the playoffs. [B]Kansas City Chiefs 75/1:[/B] Brodie Croyle (seven career attempts) could be the Chiefs' starter at QB, and that likely means they won't be in title contention. [B]Atlanta Falcons 75/1:[/B] Ouch! The prospect of having Joey Harrington start makes the Lions and Dolphins chuckle, but it's no laughing matter for Falcon fans. [B]Miami Dolphins 75/1:[/B] Even if Trent Green returns to Pro Bowl form, it will be tough for Miami to earn a playoff berth. The defense is aging but still solid. The offense, however, is littered with question marks. [B]Arizona Cardinals 75/1:[/B]

Flaunting an array of big-name offensive weapons, the Cardinals are another one of those fashionable dark horse picks. Clearly, the oddsmakers know something that the average fan doesn’t. Maybe it has something to do with the patchwork offensive line, the second-year quarterback and a subpar defense.
Cleveland Browns 100/1:
Brady Quinn, save us! Not bloody likely. At least not in 2007.
Houston Texans 100/1:
Let’s see if Matt Schaub still comes off as a golden boy now that he will be playing for one of the worst offensive lines in football. If he does, the Texans might actually be a decent team.
Detroit Lions 125/1:

Can Calvin Johnson single-handedly turn around the Lions’ fortunes? Doubtful. The Lions have added some other pieces, but they are still a few years away from playoff contention.
Oakland Raiders 150/1:
My prediction for the Raiders is simple. Much like the Titans from a year ago, they will get off to a horrid start and end up being forced to start their rookie quarterback early. And it will be the best thing that’s happened to the franchise in quite some time.
Make sure to checkout our new “News & Fantasy” section on the upper right-hand side of the homepage. Get daily NFL insight at RealFootball365.com.

[QUOTE=ShaGGy;266614]Gerrity?[/QUOTE]

fixed…thanks