the truth

i could deal with the team that we had a few years ago that had scrubs like courtny williams, david booker, etc. guys that couldnt play. those teams just stunk. this team has talent and doesnt know what to do with it. phil was clearly frustrated and i dont blame him. he had position and we dont get him the ball. we need to throw it inside every time. what are they teaching these guys in practice. how does a team rebound so poorly against smaller teams.

I feel bad for Charlie Coley. My god what an athelete!! I wish he was here next year to play with the class we have coming in!

I thought the 2003 team with Demon, Tory, Butter, freshman Curtis and Grier, and sophomore Eddie Badsen was rough, but they would at least be 9-6 with this schedule. At the very least.

That team would destroy this team. I mean, it wouldnā€™t even be close. Demon would have dropped 20 threes on them.

i could deal with the team that we had a few years ago that had scrubs like courtny williams, david booker, etc. guys that couldnt play. those teams just stunk. this team has talent and doesnt know what to do with it. phil was clearly frustrated and i dont blame him. he had position and we dont get him the ball. we need to throw it inside every time. what are they teaching these guys in practice. how does a team rebound so poorly against smaller teams.

First of all that wasnā€™t a smaller team. Outside of Phil Jones we are tiny. However, I agree we suck on the boards. Speaking of the 06-07 team, I think having a player like DA on this team would make this team sooooo much better.

He catches a ton of flack on here for being a selfish player, but outside of Lee, who else was on that team worth mentioning? DA would make this team a ton better and those Mack - DA comparisons are ridiculous. DA was actually a very good scorer and on a team like we have this year, he would be exactly what we need. He was also a great rebounder for his size. Mack is a team guy; he is not selfish. He was asked to be the go-to-guy this year and he has struggled. But a go-to-guy is exactly what this team lacks.

I thought the 2003 team with Demon, Tory, Butter, freshman Curtis and Grier, and sophomore Eddie Badsen was rough, but they would at least be 9-6 with this schedule. At the very least.

That team didnā€™t have a load of talent but damn it had toughness. If this team had the toughness and attitude of the 2003 team, we would be 10 and 5, not 5 and 10.

Donā€™t get me wrong, this team WANTS to win, and plays hard, it just isnā€™t the same as pure toughness and a burning desire to outrebound and outhustle the other team. Anyone who remembers that team knows what Iā€™m talking about.

Oh yeah, DA was awesome. I know he had to hate us being so bad when he was here.

Iā€™m just glad we signed our recruits (for usā€¦ I feel bad for them). Might as well save the PG scholarship for 2010, no way weā€™re going to recruit a good one if theyā€™ve watched us this year.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;376848]First of all that wasnā€™t a smaller team. Outside of Phil Jones we are tiny. However, I agree we suck on the boards. Speaking of the 06-07 team, I think having a player like DA on this team would make this team sooooo much better.

He catches a ton of flack on here for being a selfish player, but outside of Lee, who else was on that team worth mentioning? DA would make this team a ton better and those Mack - DA comparisons are ridiculous. DA was actually a very good scorer and on a team like we have this year, he would be exactly what we need. He was also a great rebounder for his size. Mack is a team guy; he is not selfish. He was asked to be the go-to-guy this year and he has struggled. But a go-to-guy is exactly what this team lacks.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Robby, but when I see Lamont jacking up jumpers left and right, when he IS AT HIS BEST going to the basket, heā€™s not being a team guy. Thereā€™s several times this year where Lamont has just pulled up for a 3 early in the shot clock.

Sorry Robby, but when I see Lamont jacking up jumpers left and right, when he IS AT HIS BEST going to the basket, he's not being a team guy. There's several times this year where Lamont has just pulled up for a 3 early in the shot clock.

That argument doesnā€™t hold water with me. There are tons of guys who do that. Sometimes a guy is trying to get something started because the team is flat, or they are trying to force, because nothing is working and nobody is moving. This isnā€™t the only team I have ever seen play basketball. If he were making these shots it would be a different story altogether. Anybody remember Plavy? I donā€™t think he took a good shot in his life. How about Lee?

He was asked to be the go-to-guy this year. Plain and simple it isnā€™t a role he could handle. He is a team guy. He has a great attitude. Heā€™s just not playing well and I think you could pretty much say that about everyone on this team.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;376861]That argument doesnā€™t hold water with me. There are tons of guys who do that. Sometimes a guy is trying to get something started because the team is flat, or they are trying to force, because nothing is working and nobody is moving. This isnā€™t the only team I have ever seen play basketball. If he were making these shots it would be a different story altogether. Anybody remember Plavy? I donā€™t think he took a good shot in his life. How about Lee?

He was asked to be the go-to-guy this year. Plain and simple it isnā€™t a role he could handle. He is a team guy. He has a great attitude. Heā€™s just not playing well and I think you could pretty much say that about everyone on this team.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, when you make the shots, people isnā€™t going to fault you. BUT, you can tell when players takes shots outside of the offense, and I see Mack doing that more than anyone on the team, and most of the time it is a miss.

That team didn't have a load of talent but damn it had toughness. If this team had the toughness and attitude of the 2003 team, we would be 10 and 5, not 5 and 10.

Donā€™t get me wrong, this team WANTS to win, and plays hard, it just isnā€™t the same as pure toughness and a burning desire to outrebound and outhustle the other team. Anyone who remembers that team knows what Iā€™m talking about.

D.O.B.A.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3832158

Half court offenseā€¦ Knight is lucid and can still break down the spacing with you.

I feel bad for Charlie Coley. My god what an athelete!! I wish he was here next year to play with the class we have coming in!
Charlie Coley had a wide open jumper from FIVE @#&$(@ FEET AND MISSED THE ENTIRE RIM.

#$&^#($& #)($ &)#(&$ )(#&$ ()#$

Sometimes a guy is trying to get something started because the team is flat, or they are trying to force, because nothing is working and nobody is moving.
Are you talking about the time Phil was open underneath or the time Coley was open underneath?

I know what youā€™re saying, but Mack has disrupted the flow of the offense by shooting ill-advised 3s too many times to call him a team player. Some of those came at the worst possible time too.

He's just not playing well and I think you could pretty much say that about everyone on this team.

Dude he hasnā€™t been playing well all year. Mack is a clear example of ā€œtrying to do too much.ā€

Dude he hasn't been playing well all year. Mack is a clear example of "trying to do too much."

Yeah, trying to do too much doesnā€™t make him a bad teammate, just a bad player. I agree he hasnā€™t been playing well all year. Although tonight he actually looked pretty good.

It is amazing how much difference a GOOD 3 pointer shooter makes in Lutzā€™s offense. He also relies heavily on a strong PF who can play inside and outside. We have neither this year.

[QUOTE=CMack124;377199]It is amazing how much difference a GOOD 3 pointer shooter makes in Lutzā€™s offense. He also relies heavily on a strong PF who can play inside and outside. We have neither this year.[/QUOTE]

Iā€™m a broken recordā€¦ butā€¦

Spears/Bowden ā€˜09-10ā€™

That team would destroy this team. I mean, it wouldn't even be close. Demon would have dropped 20 threes on them.

That would have been a team to see. Demon with Carlos and Booker. Did Jarvis Lang play on that team, too?

:tongue: