The Walking Dead

Who else watches?

I do.

Cliffs:

Season 1 - pretty awesome
Season 2 - crappy yawnfest

Totally disappointed.

[quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:2, topic:25806”]I do.

Cliffs:

Season 1 - pretty awesome
Season 2 - crappy yawnfest

Totally disappointed.[/quote]

I’ll admit this season has been slow, and honestly, has lacked zombies, but it’s only two episodes in so it needs to turn up the heat since I think they only do 6.

Next week looks to have some heads 'splodin

I think there are 13 episodes this season, aren’t there?

Anyway, Frank Darabont isn’t involved anymore, right? That is a big part of the problem.

[quote=“Powerbait, post:4, topic:25806”]I think there are 13 episodes this season, aren’t there?

Anyway, Frank Darabont isn’t involved anymore, right? That is a big part of the problem.[/quote]

Yeah, there are 13 this season. I believe I read some time back that the first season was 6 episodes so that it could either be a “pilot season” or “6-episode miniseries”

It was so good and so popular they twisted it into an ongoing series (option 1). Don’t quote me on any of this.

[quote=“Roasty, post:5, topic:25806”][quote=“Powerbait, post:4, topic:25806”]I think there are 13 episodes this season, aren’t there?

Anyway, Frank Darabont isn’t involved anymore, right? That is a big part of the problem.[/quote]

Yeah, there are 13 this season. I believe I read some time back that the first season was 6 episodes so that it could either be a “pilot season” or “6-episode miniseries”

It was so good and so popular they twisted it into an ongoing series (option 1). Don’t quote me on any of this.[/quote]

As I understand it, the original writers walked because of a contract dispute. That being said, the first two episodes were more about furthering the story and introducing/developing new characters… less time for melee.

Guess I’m the only one that’s been enjoying season 2 then.

Someone else said it better than I could:

[QUOTE=trmiv]They really need to bump up the action quotient on this show. This season has been a complete snoozefest so far. The first 30 minutes of last nights episode didn’t have a single frigging zombie in it. A show about the zombie apocalypse can’t go 30 damn minutes without a zombie

I will watch the entire season hoping for cool stuff, but there is a little bit too much angst and whining in this show.

The blonde who wanted to kill herself drives me nuts. She’s always so frigging pissed at everything. Your sister died and became a zombie? We’ve got a club for that, it’s called everyone and we meet at the bar. Get over it and either shut up or find another way to kill yourself.

Then Shane, enough already with the whining because you fucked your buddy’s wife while you thought he was dead. Either bang the whiny blonde chick, or shut up already.

This show needs more Daryl and Glenn. Hell rename it “Glenn and Daryl: Zombie Exterminators” lets just follow them around.

Oh and this too:

Oh, and this as well:

[QUOTE=classy]There is one thing that just seems to stand out. Where is all the guns and fire power? If millions and millions are dead or zombies, there should be tons of weapons. Last night a couple of grenades, a M60, and the truck keys handy, that job would have been a snap.

But I mean it was like what, 50 zombies?

You throw the flares to get their attention. Run in and get what you need. Then Lock and Load, dropping bodies on the way out. Hell a couple of AK47s or my favorite AA12s snuffs that little group out. Keep on the move, hustle back to the truck, and jet.[/quote]

I think that about sums up my feelings. I guess it would be a lot less suspenseful, but I am getting really tired of repeated stupidity as the major plot device (with a minor in whining0.

Videogum does very funny recaps after each episode.

http://videogum.com/393602/the-walking-dead-s02e01-one-child-left-behind/tv/recaps/

I’ll agree about the blonde chick. Then again she is a woman, so what do you expect her to do other then bitch?

The little girl has been missing for an episode and a half, if/when they find her it better be worthwhile or I’m going to be disappointed.

The thing about the weapons doesn’t really bother me too much. Do you really want a bunch of civilians chucking grenades and using military grade weapons? Most of them can’t even handle a glock 9, let alone a M4 Carbine.

In regards to last night, Shane and Otis trying to go stealth I somewhat agree. I would have put the patrol car in Neutral, pushed in into the the crowd and tried to detonate it somehow, but they do really sell the idea of being too loud sets off a dinner bell, and there seemed to be plenty of zombies all around the premises.

The redneck with the crossbow is the man though. Loved after that zombie took the shot from the bat and sat up he was just like “Shut Up.” and put an arrow through it’s skull.

agree that the first two episodes of season two have been a little slow but there was a need for character development. I think the camera work seems better this season. overall love this show!

:)) :)) :))

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:11, topic:25806”]I’ll agree about the blonde chick. Then again she is a woman, so what do you expect her to do other then b****?

The little girl has been missing for an episode and a half, if/when they find her it better be worthwhile or I’m going to be disappointed.

The thing about the weapons doesn’t really bother me too much. Do you really want a bunch of civilians chucking grenades and using military grade weapons? Most of them can’t even handle a glock 9, let alone a M4 Carbine.

In regards to last night, Shane and Otis trying to go stealth I somewhat agree. I would have put the patrol car in Neutral, pushed in into the the crowd and tried to detonate it somehow, but they do really sell the idea of being too loud sets off a dinner bell, and there seemed to be plenty of zombies all around the premises.

The redneck with the crossbow is the man though. Loved after that zombie took the shot from the bat and sat up he was just like “Shut Up.” and put an arrow through it’s skull.[/quote]

My thoughts on the high school: The flares were a really good idea. Did they forget they’d have to leave, too? Why not bring half of them into the medic trailer with them?

I found the walker with the FEMA jacket on to be pretty funny… and the one with the army helmet to be scary as shit. What is scarier than a zombie that a baseball bat won’t kill?

I read a comment that since they are moving away from the cities there will be fewer zombies and they will begin to encounter people who really don’t understand the full scope of the epidemic.

They really drug out the last episode until the final few minutes.

It’s not that it’s a bad story, it’s that I find myself fast forwarding to the end of the episode. I couldn’t sit through another anguished minute with the kid. It was way overdone.

If the rest of the episode were as good as the last 5 minutes, and some of the back and forth between the redneck and whiny blonde girl on patrol, it’d be great.

Show is definitely hurting from Frank Darabont being gone.

Sunday’s episode was a little better. Hopefully it’s turning the corner.

Wondering if there is going to be a dust up with the farmers over staying…

The farmer’s daughter (Lauren Cohan) is pretty nice looking. Nice score for the asian guy (who is one of my favorites anyway)

The walking dead is turning into a soap opera with zombies.
The actors are not good enough to make you care about their characters.
This show is starting to feel like Jericho: An amazing idea where who was sleeping with who became a bigger deal than the whole nuclear war.
I’ve aslo seen TWD compared to BSG. An awesome show when there was acting, but very bad when the characters had to talk to each other.

[quote=“Tintin, post:19, topic:25806”]The walking dead is turning into a soap opera with zombies.
The actors are not good enough to make you care about their characters.
This show is starting to feel like Jericho: An amazing idea where who was sleeping with who became a bigger deal than the whole nuclear war.
I’ve aslo seen TWD compared to BSG. An awesome show when there was acting, but very bad when the characters had to talk to each other.[/quote]I agree. These actors are good enough to be eaten by zombies, but not good enough to win any awards for their acting ability.

I’m starting to lose interest in the show.

Meryle comes back next week (the can of sardines Daryl found were his brothers), so maybe the show will get interesting again.