The Wire

Not sure if anyone has ever seen this show but it is great. Its an HBO show, kinda like a ghetto Sopranos. I just started watching it, and I’m addicted. There are already 4 seasons out so I’m catching up right now. I’m 4 episodes in to season 2.

I actually wanted to start this thread for another reason. If you have seen the show, or just want to do a fellow music lover a favor, I want to ask about the theme song for the first season. I am in love with this song and have downloaded it, and downloaded some other stuff by the artist, but their other stuff isn’t like the theme song. I was hoping someone might be able help point in the direction of some similar music.

If you want to hear the song, here is a link that has some of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FPUnC5dfAk

If you would like to download it, the name of the song is:
"Way Down In The Hole"
Performed by: The Blind Boys of Alabama

Thanks for any help

Not sure if anyone has ever seen this show but it is great. Its an HBO show, kinda like a ghetto Sopranos. I just started watching it, and I'm addicted. There are already 4 seasons out so I'm catching up right now. I'm 4 episodes in to season 2.

I actually wanted to start this thread for another reason. If you have seen the show, or just want to do a fellow music lover a favor, I want to ask about the theme song for the first season. I am in love with this song and have downloaded it, and downloaded some other stuff by the artist, but their other stuff isn’t like the theme song. I was hoping someone might be able help point in the direction of some similar music.

If you want to hear the song, here is a link that has some of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FPUnC5dfAk

If you would like to download it, the name of the song is:
“Way Down In The Hole”
Performed by: The Blind Boys of Alabama

Thanks for any help

I watched the first two years of it and then I lost interest in the series for some reason… I liked the first 2 seasons though…

So me and mac are really the only two people who have seen this show?

i don’t get hbo

i don't get hbo
Neither do I.:biggrin:

ive seen this show and i really like it.

ive seen this show and i really like it.
How much have you seen?

probably like five or six episodes.

probably like five or six episodes.
know what season?

not sure.

I have seen the first three seasons and it is my favorite show on television. Apparently the critics like season 4 the best. You can catch season 2 on BET starting April 5. Check your listings. You have to watch it a couple times to catch all the nuances. I’ve actualy started to read the message board. Those nuts on there give you alot of insight to motives, history(real and fictional), and dialouge that is easily missed. I like the balance of it. There are cops I love and cops I hate. Conversely, I really felt a connection to Stringer Bell, Wallace, Brother Moussa and some of the criminals–even though I’m a law abiding white suburbanite. I do agree that it is kind of a ghetto Sopranos. I think what makes the series better is the balance of protagonists and antoagonists. Also, Sopranos can bore me when there isn’t much action. I can’t wait to see season 4.

Am I the only one who thought this was a Leemire thread?

SPOILER WARNING for those who havn’t see the show yet

I have seen the first three seasons and it is my favorite show on television. Apparently the critics like season 4 the best. You can catch season 2 on BET starting April 5. Check your listings. You have to watch it a couple times to catch all the nuances. I've actualy started to read the message board. Those nuts on there give you alot of insight to motives, history(real and fictional), and dialouge that is easily missed. I like the balance of it. There are cops I love and cops I hate. Conversely, I really felt a connection to Stringer Bell, Wallace, Brother Moussa and some of the criminals--even though I'm a law abiding white suburbanite. I do agree that it is kind of a ghetto Sopranos. I think what makes the series better is the balance of protagonists and antoagonists. Also, Sopranos can bore me when there isn't much action. I can't wait to see season 4.

I’ve been watching the first two seasons online. I just finished the next to last episode of season 2, and wouldnt ya know it, the last episode got deleted. So I’m going to have to find a way to view it. Not seeing the season finale for a while is going to be tough.

I liked season one a lot better than season two. I think season two ended up with too many characters so you don’t get as in depth with any of them as I feel you need. I also liked D’Angelo Barksdale and I was sad to see what happened to him.

I believe my favorite character is Omar. He is pretty funny and seems to know how to play “the game” the best out of all the criminals. I’ve only seen Brotha Mouzone in one episode but I like his name haha. I didn’t know for sure what they were saying so I was thinking they were calling him Brotha Moves On. I’m guessing he is used more in season 3?

I don’t have a way to watch season 3 yet. I’m hoping it’ll be on DVDs at Blockbuster or something so I can view it.

I liked season 3 better than season 2. It goes back to more of the Barksdale storyline, and it leaves the Greeks alone. I agree, Omar is awesome. Season 3 ends with a big twist.