Theoretical 4 team tourney with co hosts davidson

What would you guys say to this?

Charlotte and Davidson cohost a 2 day 4 team tournament yearly at TW Arena downtown.

The first game is always the two visiting teams against each other. The second game is always Charlotte vs Davidson so we get our local rivalry game for the hornets nest in each year.

The next day losing teams play each other in a consolation and the winners play for the title.

Builds excitement for the program putting us downtown for our biggest local rival and hopefully we can get some good OOC schools to participate.

If you really want to pull people in get ECU and a NC ACC team to join us.

This is basically the old Pepsi tourney reformatted to include our Davidson game.

Just a thought.

Would there be any interest for this format?

Sounds like a good possibility. How long will ECU be in our conference for basketball?

I like the idea - but I do not, repeat DO NOT have any interest into moving the Davidson game off campuses. Our fan base has struggled with true rivalries and to lose one of the few games we have that consistently has a college basketball rivalry feel on campus doesn’t seem like a good idea.

[quote=“Gassman, post:1, topic:27947”]What would you guys say to this?

Charlotte and Davidson cohost a 2 day 4 team tournament yearly at TW Arena downtown.

The first game is always the two visiting teams against each other. The second game is always Charlotte vs Davidson so we get our local rivalry game for the hornets nest in each year.

The next day losing teams play each other in a consolation and the winners play for the title.

Builds excitement for the program putting us downtown for our biggest local rival and hopefully we can get some good OOC schools to participate.

This is basically the old Pepsi tourney reformatted to include our Davidson game.

Just a thought.

Would there be any interest for this format?[/quote]

Charlotte-Davidson games needs to be at home sites. But I like the idea, but Charlotte and Davidson should swap opponents and save the Hornet’s Nest game for later. There needs to be an event in Charlotte much like the Crossroads Classic in Indianapolis when Purdue, Indiana, Butler and Notre Dame play two games on the same day.

Charlotte, Davidson and two of the four ACC teams each year, it could be fun. I wouldn’t feel terrible about not having a “home” game against b/c I feel we’d have the Davidson crowd behind us and vice versa. Certianly would be a fun atmosphere, a Charlotte-NC State/Davidson-Wake Forest double header would sell a lot of tickets.

[quote=“Gassman, post:1, topic:27947”]What would you guys say to this?

Just a thought.

Ha… Holy cow, just posted the same thought in another forum. My thought was a North-South double header vs USC and Clemson. Lots of fans regionally.

[quote=“itsbraille49, post:4, topic:27947”][quote=“Gassman, post:1, topic:27947”]What would you guys say to this?

Just a thought.

Charlotte-Davidson games needs to be at home sites. But I like the idea, but Charlotte and Davidson should swap opponents and save the Hornet’s Nest game for later. There needs to be an event in Charlotte much like the Crossroads Classic in Indianapolis when Purdue, Indiana, Butler and Notre Dame play two games on the same day.

Charlotte, Davidson and two of the four ACC teams each year, it could be fun. I wouldn’t feel terrible about not having a “home” game against b/c I feel we’d have the Davidson crowd behind us and vice versa. Certianly would be a fun atmosphere, a Charlotte-NC State/Davidson-Wake Forest double header would sell a lot of tickets.[/quote]

Like that as well.