This guy rules - RA in Moore Hall

Charlotte Observer: Master of the Dorm (Moore Hall)

Ahhhhhh!!! The joys of being a Resident Advisor. I remember Moore Hall very well and the challenges it presented. Defacations in bathrooms, bulletin boards set afire, bottles thrown out the back windows, and of course, everybody’s favorite, the after midnight fire alarms. Those were the days. :ponder:

I am a Moore Hall alum … 607, to be exact. Pink Floyd, bullfrogs, penny-locking, free condoms, using the girls bathroom because the guys was a pig sty … those were the days.

How in the hell did we ever survive???

Moore alum here too (89). Somewhere on the 9th floor. Best part about this story is Beason sporting the [SIZE=3]Niner Nation[/SIZE] shirt. Great role model. We need more like him. Also, good to see no Tarheel crap in the picture.

I’m in Moore now, room 921. :frowning:

Alumni of room 420. You’d be amazed how many people came to my room asking for pot!

Moore second and sixth floors, back when it was all guys. Well, officially anyway.

My freshman year I was in 915 Holshouser, last year I was in 305 Hawthorn, now I’m in Martin Village P-203. The highrise sucked something awful, Im so glad to be out of there! :lol:

915 Holshouser, awesome I’m in 922 Holshouser. Nice environment in Holshouser but Moore’s dorms are nicer and bigger.

Moore Hall alum - 89’ room 1108, back when it was all men (yeah right) :smiley: . Thank God for the snoozing front desk staff.

[i]Originally posted by ice_cold49er[/i]@Sep 6 2005, 06:33 PM [b] Moore Hall alum - 89' room 1108, back when it was all men (yeah right) :D . Thank God for the snoozing front desk staff. [/b]
I knew several guys from the 11th floor. Definitely the craziest floor in Moore in 89.

Moore Hall alumni Room 912- 1996

Slip n Slide in the Hallway, Monday Night Nitro parties in the study rooms, penny locks, Trash cans filled with water and dumped into the 8th floor lobby, Terd Mountain, shutting off electricity to the 8th Floor RA which reset her alarm clock and made her miss an exam, flourescent rods thrown out the window like javelins, and always pee out the window at night vs. getting out of bed, and plastic bag with poop thrown into the elevator and sent down to the lobby.
Aaahhhhh… those were the days.

Sounds fun. Where the hell was the RA? I live 2 doors down from the RA so I gotta keep things quiet when he’s around.

Moore Hall alumn here '91, '92. Penny locking brings back memories as does filling a garbage can with water and leaning it on your neighbor’s door.

[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner+Sep 6 2005, 07:02 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (LeftyNiner @ Sep 6 2005, 07:02 PM)
[b]Ahhhhhh!!! The joys of being a Resident Advisor. I remember Moore Hall very well and the challenges it presented. Defacations in bathrooms, bulletin boards set afire, bottles thrown out the back windows, and of course, everybody's favorite, the after midnight fire alarms. Those were the days. [/b]

Thats funny, we had a midnight alarm in Scott on Sunday night.

I was in Moore many years before ya’ll. Well, except maybe for Nugget.

Hey Ninerballin I lived in 922 Holshouser in 93-94. Enjoy the Suite!!

[i]Originally posted by Ninerballin[/i]@Sep 6 2005, 05:59 PM [b]915 Holshouser, awesome I'm in 922 Holshouser. Nice environment in Holshouser but Moore's dorms are nicer and bigger.[/b]
They must have knocked down walls because when I lived in 718 Holshouser and worked for RLO on all of the dorms, Moore and Sanford were single-sex dumps compared to the newer coed Holshouser and Scott, but had basically the same interior layout. Corner rooms seemed a little bigger though in all of the highrise dorms.

Doing maintenance in Sanford was like walking into Castle Anthrax during a thunderstorm (its a Monty Python thing) but stopped short of a group spanking followed by oral sex. After caulking a window ledge, a guy I was working with asked the two appreciative Sanford roomates with a straight face, “Got any other cracks you need packed?” I nearly lost it.

To support Pi’s statement, a guy on my suite practically bought condoms by the gross (called the boxes “holiday packs”).

I don’t have any crazy stories like y’all.
I’m surprised Sideshow would reveal so much as he’s a pol. candidate. Dude you were gross, Sideshow!