This has been one sorry season

I realize that Major is new, but this season sux I think Major is not the answer and this latest game reminds me of wissell ball. We let people jack up threes uncontested and we have no offense Bring Back Lutz. I am a season ticket season ticket holder and this is embarrassing.
The late ninetys thru mid 2000’s was great this is PITIFUL

lulz…

what about the late 2000s? I loved Lutz more then most but gezzzzzzzzzuuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz give Major a GD chance…

But Im just a season ticket holder so what do I know?

I still can’t gauge if people are just Lutz homers, Judy haters, or really this impatient and short-sighted.

Seriously, if you have no preconceived bias against the guy, how do you come to this assessment now? People really think Major should have been able to do better with this team and these players? Really? People really use last season as an argument as if we didn’t play a boatload of chumps to get that record?

Mullins first season - 8-20
Guess we shoulda abandoned him

Or how about Coach K - Good players coming in his first season
2nd season - 10-17
3rd Season - 11-17
Well sheesh, Duke shoulda fired his ass.

Oh yea, and:
49ers w/ Phil Jones 7-8 (and we all know we didn’t lose to to SBU lol)
49ers w/o Phil Jones 3-12

We’re 2-12 since his disqualification after being 8-8. Our SOS didn’t go up significantly or anything.

Lutz ain’t the answer, buddy. Unfortunately, he’s the reason we’re in this mess now.

We let people jack up threes uncontested
Funny. 10th ranked 3pt defense in the nation going into today.

People give too much credit to Major. He is partially the reason Shamari left, and Phil (Maybe he wasn’t strict enough); also, being his first year he has made rookie mistakes. Regardless tho, injuries/ineligibility really messed us up, and he did have to work with Lutz players. So he should be given a chance, even next year.

Shamari didn’t leave Major canned his ass. And Major not being strict enough??? Really? The man can’t do anything right. People claimed he was to strict on Spears and now he’s not strict enough? lol. Guess I’ll never understand this fan base. :o

Honestly, I don’t see people giving him credit for anything good besides having the guys playing better before Phil got DQed and credit for Phil improving since Phil got better as the season went on and he’s the type of player Major specializes in. That’s it.

The rest of the time it’s just “give him a chance.” Otherwise, it’s people saying Major sucks and Judy sucks for hiring him.

I don’t think people have said Major wasn’t responsible at all for Shamari. That would be dumb. He kicked Shamari off the team. The dude was a cancer. It’s a question of whether you think Major should be able/willing to deal with and tolerate a cancer on his team, or not. But we started playing better once Shamari was gone. As for Phil, yea he could have sat on Phil and made sure he kept his grades up (we don’t even know Major didn’t), but it’s kinda ridiculous to need to babysit a senior that much.

Yeah, no one is giving Major credit. Just saying you have to give him a chance. This year was doomed as soon as we knew our seniors were not leading and not buying in. And Luka being ineligible, etc.

I want a lot of improvement next year.

I will expect improvement next year. How much? Probably around 14 wins depending on schedule. It’s going to take more than 1 round of recruits to make us a contender again. I think the problem with Phil was that he was a senior. I mean you can only take so many easy classes. Eventually you have to take some hard ones. None of us will know what the problem was, but my thoughts are if you aren’t smart enough or don’t work hard enough in the class then you shouldn’t be there. College isn’t for everyone. “RIP 2010-2011 Men’s Bball”

Ever notice how the last place team is first in excuses?
And since Fordham won today it would most likely be the consensus that we are the worst team in the conference.

If we had played at St. Joes today, we could have used the old “it was their seniors day” excuse, but the fact is their freshmen destroyed us.

I simply don’t believe that we have the least talented players in the A10. Those who made the decision to get rid of Lutz after a 19 win season must have felt our talent was pretty good (or maybe Harris and Andersen carried the team).

If our players are as bad as some of these posters suggest, Lutz was a tremendous over achiever last year.

[quote=“gamer, post:9, topic:25090”]Ever notice how the last place team is first in excuses?
And since Fordham won today it would most likely be the consensus that we are the worst team in the conference.

If we had played at St. Joes today, we could have used the old “it was their seniors day” excuse, but the fact is their freshmen destroyed us.

I simply don’t believe that we have the least talented players in the A10. Those who made the decision to get rid of Lutz after a 19 win season must have felt our talent was pretty good (or maybe Harris and Andersen carried the team).

If our players are as bad as some of these posters suggest, Lutz was a tremendous over achiever last year.[/quote]
I like how the excuse-whiners such as yourself are doing the most whining right now.

How can you know how bad our posters suggest our players are if you don’t read their posts?

Oh yea, good point. Harris didn’t matter at all. ::slight_smile:

Yea, there is clearly no correlation to Phil Jones getting DQed and us going downhill. Our players are all extremely talented and Bobby did a great job recruiting. Coaches don’t deserve more than one season to get things together. Why, these explanations for us sucking are meritless!

[quote=“49or bust, post:10, topic:25090”][quote=“gamer, post:9, topic:25090”]Ever notice how the last place team is first in excuses?

If our players are as bad as some of these posters suggest, Lutz was a tremendous over achiever last year.[/quote]
I like how the excuse-whiners such as yourself are doing the most whining right now.

How can you know how bad our posters suggest our players are if you don’t read their posts?

Oh yea, good point. Harris didn’t matter at all. ::slight_smile:

Yea, there is clearly no correlation to Phil Jones getting DQed and us going downhill. Our players are all extremely talented and Bobby did a great job recruiting. Coaches don’t deserve more than one season to get things together. Why, these explanations for us sucking are meritless![/quote]

Many on here claim that I’m a big Lutz homer and I do think Lutz would have done more this season than Major, but alot of that is because I think Lutz would have kept SS happier and PJ eligible. However, unlike some I do realize Major had a very tough job to do after those guys were out and all the other issues. I also want to say though that some of you guys still seem to feel the need to bash Bobby and act as if Major had absolutely zero responsibility and should not have to answer at all for this season. That, IMO is wayyyy to far in the other direction. I think he may still pan out once we have a full roster. I sure hope so anyway!

I think it’s a fair argument that Lutz would have done more. It was his team. I expect Bobby could do better with his kind of players than Major could do with Bobby’s kind of players. Def the Spears situation would have been different.

As for Phil, you do realize that it was 4 years with Bobby that got Phil in position to be ineligible right? His career GPA needed to be over 2.0. In those 4 years, Bobby let it get to be close to 2.0 and he knew that if Jones was staying for 5 years, it would need to be over 2.0 in his final year. I don’t think Bobby’s past academic enforcement failure with Jones would indicate he would be able to get Jones to keep/get his GPA above 2.0 in his 5th year. But yea, Major didn’t accommodate Spears’ crap, maybe he also wouldn’t accommodate Phil’s.

I don’t think people are actually allotting him zero responsibility. Mostly just countering people saying ‘Major needs to go’ already, and it looks like these posters don’t blame him at all. They just allot him little blame because this was a very hard situation to win in, and no matter what, we won’t get a worthwhile demonstration of his ability until the following seasons.

[quote=“gamer, post:9, topic:25090”]Ever notice how the last place team is first in excuses?

We already have one Normmm.

Yup, because Major is the reason Shamari acted like a baby and whined. Yup, Major is the reason why Phil couldn’t maintain his grades, if only Coach Major would’ve went to classes and taken his tests for him.

Coach Major stepped into a bad situation with some team leaders still wanting Coach Lutz around. It doesn’t matter though. Next year, 6 new players enter the realm and it will give a better measure as to how successful Coach Major will be.

In this day of age where everyone wants to win and win now, the coach is sure to get some backlashing after a season like this in his first year.

I’d rather have a season like this and go to the NCAA tournament in a few years rather than constantly hover around 8-9 in the A-10 with a NIT appearance once every 3 or 4 years.

Considering we had Harris, Spears, and Phil, I would say we did have some decent talent last year. Also, during the run we had last year, Derrio Green was a first team all conference player. During our losing run last year, Derrio looked like he didn’t belong on the floor. He looked like the latter half a lot this year, but it isn’t his fault. When a guy has to be the lead scorer and the lead assist man, unless you have an elite point guard or Lebron James, then good luck.

I am very glad the nightmare is over and the season has reached it’s humane end without a tournament to suffer through. I am excited for the future and am willing to wait and see what Coach MAjors can do with a full roster of players on the same page as the coach.

I was very encourage with how that Dewhurst kid played today and think if he can continue to develope he will be a solid player for us…

I want to publically apologize to Leemire Goldwire for not truely appreciating how good your were while you were here until I realized you have been gone for 4 years now and we haven’t come close to having a player as good or as clutch as you. Hopefully we will find one soon.

Thank God for Coach LAmbert and a reason to be excited.

Dont think it could be said any better! All these people talking about how bad the roster is, and Lutz won 19 games with them, including Lousiville, Temple, and Richmond! So he got fired for winning 19 games with no talent? No talent?
Chris Braswell- Offers from Maryland, Xavier, Indiana, va tech
Duece- Offer from Va Tech
Derrio- Offer from Georgia
Shamari- Lets get his story straight…went to BC averaged around 9 points 6 rb a game in the ACC…mom, who lives in salisbury, was diagnosed with cancer that same year, Shamari wanted to come back home and found Charlotte to be a good fit… if you want to use a kid transferring against his character then go ahead and assume hes a bad kid. Shamari played with an edge, talked a little game, but was a tough mfer! If you cant coach or communicate with a kid like that then maybe u should be coaching a church league.
Phil- Give me a break…Bobby never had a problem…end of discussion! Dont give me GPA crap because that is garbage! Thats on Major!! 100%

This team has/had enough talent to win more than 2 conf games. Too much talent to lose to Gar webb at home. You wanna give Major more than one season, and thats more than fair, but the start hasnt been good at all! He basically got rid of Shamari and Phil, so I wanna see what “his” type of player is all about…Ill take 5 Shamari type players and we wont be going 2-14 int he A-10

HELL YEA!!! THAT’S MA BOY!!!

LOL @ Jim. Worrrrrd.

It’s not my intent to belittle Major, but neither is it my belief that our players are subpar. As I pointed out before, there was not a whole lot of turnover of players between last year and this.

Maybe some of us had unrealistic expectations after the win over Xavier, but many of us really thought that if we could win that game without PJ, we should be at least a middle of the pack A10 team.

I support our coach. But that desn’t mean I am willing to throw our players under the bus to blindly defend him.