This is ugly thus far

WTH???

We are playing like garbage with the exception of Plavich, who in my opinion, is starting to force his shot TOO much. Of course, I can’t blame him when we are missing layups, easy jump shots and free throws.

Curt in foul trouble, EJ playing like garbage and Larry O is having a career game. Not looking good unless we go on one hell of a run and L’ville goes cold. NOT a good way to end the first half. Lot of ball yet to be played but we have some serious work cut out for us now.

I’d bitch about officiating but I’d hate to sound like a Memphis fan.

I’ve never seen a team play so poorly on D. This has been a joke.

No SH%$

No defense will not get you very far

But as I said earlier, this is only one game, didn’t expect to win it really

[i]Originally posted by sf49er[/i]@Mar 3 2005, 07:49 PM [b] No SH%$

No defense will not get you very far

But as I said earlier, this is only one game, didn’t expect to win it really [/b]

I said that too, but I’d rather play a little D just to make it look good.

I don’t mind losing a game when we play well but we don’t deserve to even be on the same court with L’ville with the way we’re playing now. Pathetic defense…pathetic. Curt’s 3rd foul hurt as well. Just an all around terrible situation currently. Hard to watch actually.

Also doesn’t help with the team putting together a "Rutger"esque FT performance

Well,they kind of exposed our weak spots.Plavich is playing great off. but we know he’s a defensive liability. We have missed quite a few chippies. And free throws…not good. Gotta admit its an entertaining game,but with Withers having 3 fouls…not good.

The game started out like I expected it would and then we went cold and couldn’t score, like I expected we would. The only hope I had was the UL would be cold as well but freaking O’Bannon can’t miss.

Eddie has been forcing it, Curt’s been doing ok but we haven’t gotten him the ball and now he has 3 fouls.

It was a long shot that we would win this one anyway given when it’s their senior night and how good they are at home.

Still a half to play, but they’re going to have to go cold for us to get back in it. We sure as he!! aren’t going to do it with defense.

On the other hand…It is only thir first half, and guess .what we will still go a dancing, and where will Tiger High be???/

:slight_smile:

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Mar 3 2005, 07:50 PM [b] I don't mind losing a game when we play well but we don't deserve to even be on the same court with L'ville with the way we're playing now. Pathetic defense...pathetic. Curt's 3rd foul hurt as well. Just an all around terrible situation currently. Hard to watch actually. [/b]
Curt and Eddie have been missing

I like Lutz, but Terrible, terrible time for the T

[i]Originally posted by MKNiner[/i]@Mar 3 2005, 07:52 PM [b] Still a half to play, but they're going to have to go cold for us to get back in it. We sure as he!! aren't going to do it with defense. [/b]
Agree...if they continue to shoot well, we have no chance at all and it could get pretty ugly. We'll need them to hit a major wall in the 2nd half, with us getting on a big run. We hung on for most of the first half but we're just giving up too many easy baskets in the paint and from behind the arc.

Still time to do something but it’s not the end of the world if we lose. We’ll just smack USF around Saturday and then kick ass in Memphis. And look on the bright side…we didn’t enter this game as a bubble team. Just trying to find some silver linings after such a horrible first half. :frowning:

[i]Originally posted by sf49er[/i]@Mar 3 2005, 07:56 PM [b] I like Lutz, but Terrible, terrible time for the T [/b]
I agree. I think we all agree that the refs were giving us nothing for a stretch of about 3 minutes there but he needed to restrain himself.

Granted the difference between being down 10 an down 12 isn’t that big a deal with the way we’re playing, but it was a bad time for a T.

Our defense has been absolutely riduculas. If we are not careful we could be on the receiving end of another blowout on national tv. On offense if we are patient I think can exploit the holes in their zone. It will be key for us to get the ball in the high post for the kick back out to Plav or the pass down low.

Thought we had a chance when we we cut the lead back down to 10 but then L’ville just pulled right back away. You can just tell by watching that it’s going to take a miracle for us to pull this one out now. L’ville just can’t miss (shooting 62% currently) and we’re starting to get very desperate with our offense.

Not a good time for Mitchell to have a game like this. He looks so tight you couldn’t pull a pin out of his ass with a tractor!! Well…its only 1 game.

Are we sure De’Angelo is not eligible to play defense for this game?

[i]Originally posted by cakewalk5[/i]@Mar 3 2005, 08:13 PM [b] Are we sure De'Angelo is not eligible to play defense for this game? [/b]
Stevie Wonder could play better defense than we're playing

It’s tough to see our weaknesses exposed.But we are what we are.gotta give Pittino props tho…he really has them well prepared.

We just signed Stevie Wonder? Oh yeah, looking at his neck and biceps, he’ll snap defenders like a twig. You don’t know what hurt is until you play against a piano man