Thoughts on the Dayton Game

I think that was one of the best games Charlotte has played in the past 2 years. Great hustle, good defense, great assist-to-turnover ratio, good rebounding, and oh yeah, Leemire’s 24 points in 8 minutes.

Good crowd, and some good faces in the crowd too.

Thoughts?

seemed like we forced shots at the beginning of the second half. Loved the inside out game. Helped in the long run. We got points in the post allowing lee, los and DA open on the 3. Some useless fouls. Coleman really didn’t need to tackle roberts on that one play. Dayton was called for a lot of touch fouls so i can understand why their fans would be pissed, but you can’t guard teams that closely and get away with it. Leemire was unstoppable. It seemed like we played conservatively in the second half. Which is all fun and games except when a team comes back and beats you doing that.

Yay a win.

Now let’s do it again.

Dayton coming into today was ranked 47 in the RPI according to Joe Lundari. Not bad to roll a RPI top 50 team by 20. SLU, UMass, and GW are all RPI top 100 teams as well.

<this post is not a suggestion that we’ll be competing for an at-large bid, but merely a measure for which to guage the upcoming games>

Gotta keep KTown at bay.

[QUOTE=survivor45;211402]
I think that was one of the best games Charlotte has played in the past 2 years.
[/QUOTE]

Maybe one of the best for sure.

I’m not sure about THE “best” game in the last 2 years (we were starting to get ranked about 2 years ago), but I do think it may be the best since the end of February two years ago when we started that 4 game losing streak in March.

They are so hot from three. It's so frustrating, everytime we threaten to climb back in it, a Charlotte player hits an NBA three with a hand in his face.

i like that quote for some reason: off of ud prides board

[QUOTE=gotLutz;211406]Yay a win.

[/QUOTE]

QFT

and, oh yeah, given the crappy play we’ve had to endure this season, we MORE THAN DESERVED being able to witness Lee’s entertaining 8 minute run.

The next 3 games will determine how much the Feb games mean. would love to get 2 wins…would resubscribe to the Observer if we’d win ALL three.

I was very delighted over the performance.

I also took lots of pictures. [URL=http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/kevinharbin/Charlotte%2049ers%20vs%20Dayton%20Flyers%201-17-2007/]http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/kevinharbin/Charlotte%2049ers%20vs%20Dayton%20Flyers%201-17-2007/[/URL]

Holy shite batman! What a freakin game!! I could not believe the way we looked tonight! I mean really, really freakin good! Still some things that could be worked on, but this was sooo sweet. My boy Lee was on fia, DA took a ton of nice shots and only a few illadvised ones, and the list of kudos goes on. I love watching the team come together like that. It’s a beautiful thing and I hope we can keep it up. Damn fine guys, damn fine. GO NINERS!!
:clap::clap::clap: :49ers: :clap::clap::clap:

I was very delighted over the performance.

I also took lots of pictures. http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/kevinharbin/Charlotte%2049ers%20vs%20Dayton%20Flyers%201-17-2007/

thats a lot of pictures. i was able to see me and my friends in many of them. cool stuff. the guy you’re asking about in the gray sitting with the team is mike gerrity, the PG transfer we just pulled in.

Nice pics kevin. I especially like the ones Im in.

I’m really surprised there arn’t more comments already about how amazing we looked and how great of a win it was. I guess people are just busy celebrating… or sleeping. I guess it is kinda late, but still, that was one hell of a game. I tell you hhhwhat.

Congratulations on the win. I thought we got hosed on some calls / no calls, but with the way your guys (especially Goldwire) were shooting, I don’t think it would have mattered if every single one went our way. Not much we could do when someone is that hot, and you keep getting him the ball. I thought mugging Goldwire before he could shoot might work, but we tried that twice and he hit all six freebies, so it obviously didn’t.

There’s a lot of grumbling in Flyer land tonight about what we did wrong, but the truth is Charlotte was the better team tonight.

Minus the first 5 minutes of the second half… they could go beat anyone in the conference. Good solid game by them, still need more of a post presence other then EJ (he’s good but against bigger PF’s and C’s he’ll get pushed out of the lane), but when you’re hitting 3’s like that who needs the big men. Lee went unconscious at the end of the half which was nice since he’s pretty much been playing in Belk since his good scoring game against Hofstra. Best part of the game though was the fact that Dayton cut the deficit to 14 and had the ball and we held and then built the lead back up to 18 and held the lead for the entire game, forget Lee dropping 30 and shooting lights out from beyond the arc, that act as a team is what was impressive, especially after losing some recent games after having comfortable leads.

Props to Jerrel Jamison aswell for another good game. 3 points, 8 rebounds and 3 assits in 30min. Will be a big help to us if he can keep us his good play

It helped that Dayton was shooting terribly. Dayton looked confused much of the night. They didn’t crash the boards at all. I mean, our guards were getting rebounds.

WOW! That was an awesome game! That’s what I’ve been missing! Amazing! It helps that we were red hot and they were pretty cold, but man! Lee was 6-8 on threes in the first half. The only two he missed were the ones he was fouled on and he still got those points at the charity stripe. Unbelieveable! They played in and outside game. the biggest weakness has been us trying t force threes the second half just because we were hot the first half, but they didn’t! We kept the lead because we continued to play smart! Can we please have this same team go to GW Saturday!?

Nice pics kevin. I especially like the ones Im in.

Yeah, I tried to get you in a few shots.

the guy you're asking about in the gray sitting with the team is mike gerrity, the PG transfer we just pulled in.

Yeah, Josh was pretty sure that’s who it was. I mostly wanted to make sure everybody knew he was there.

That’s a good game for him to have been at.

Congratulations on the win. I thought we got hosed on some calls / no calls, but with the way your guys (especially Goldwire) were shooting, I don't think it would have mattered if every single one went our way. Not much we could do when someone is that hot, and you keep getting him the ball. I thought mugging Goldwire before he could shoot might work, but we tried that twice and he hit all six freebies, so it obviously didn't.

There’s a lot of grumbling in Flyer land tonight about what we did wrong, but the truth is Charlotte was the better team tonight.

But the thing was austin, there were bad calls both ways. Yea the flyers got a lot of those bad calls. But there were also a lot of things not called both ways.

The one call that dayton fans have been disputing a lot was when leemire “pushed off” on the offensive side of the ball. It was because the guy defending him was literally an inch away from lee and had his arms tangled up with leemire. Which is an obvious foul on the dayton defense player. The foul on roberts when leemire missed that three was basically one of those high five fouls and leemire just did a good job acting at the end.

Props to Jerrel Jamison aswell for another good game. 3 points, 8 rebounds and 3 assits in 30min. Will be a big help to us if he can keep us his good play

Very true. It was also nice to see Carlos Williams take such a lead. I think he did very well last night.