Thoughts on Vick and Chris Johnson for 2011 season

[quote=“CMack124, post:19, topic:25625”][quote=“Normmm, post:17, topic:25625”]Draft is this Friday. I’m thinking essentially the same as you. If CJ signs, I’ll take any of those 5 RBs(Foster, Charles, AP, Rice and CJ). Personally I like taking CJ over Vick at 5. I feel I can still get a fairly good QB in 2nd or 3rd round. If the Yahoo rankings mean anything they have Brees at 18 and Brady at 22.

So I could do something like CJ(at 5)/Brady(at 16) vs a Vick(5)/Jones Drew(16).[/quote]
Tricky situation, because if CJ signs, he won’t be there at 5, and if he doesn’t, I wouldn’t take him at 5. Depends on the league, but Brady coming back around at 16 is a possibility, you should be able to get him, Brees or Rivers if you’re set on taking a top QB in the 2nd round. [/quote]

Yeah, that’s why I started the thread. I have a feeling he won’t be signed by Friday. So I think he’ll be there at 5. At this point I’m hoping Rice falls to 5. If not, I’ll probably just wing it. Lol.

If you do go with CJ, there’s some speculation that Jamie Harper might be in line for the lead role if CJ’s holdout goes into the season.
http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/First-Down-Foster-Tate-highlight-top-Week-2-ta?urn=fantasy-wp7082#remaining-content

Good luck, let us know who you end up grabbing.

I was able to get Rice at 5. Somebody took MJD at 3! It went mostly as I thought, besides MJD. Vick went 6th. Then Johnson went 7th. Unless Johnson signs, I see him going 4-6 in most leagues.

I think CJ is a risk in the 1st round. Look for him to slow way down this year. Too many touches over the last two seasons and now he has a big ego. I see problems in this guys future. Also, you have a new HC in Tennessee this year, and no threat at the QB or WR position. Hassellbeck is ok, but getting old and no talent surrounds him. Look for 7 to 8 in the box for Defenses.

Nice break for you. I think MJD has a first round caliber year, but taking him with Rice and another top RB still on the board is crazy.