Thoughts: Rivalry trophy with ODU

Anytime someone beats us, it becomes instant rivalry for meā€¦
but Iā€™m a Scorpio and hate losing !

clt says our real rival is Baldwin Wallace.

F those guys!

2 Likes

All these organizations have something else in common. They pretty much play ANNUALLY. And in the case of the Universities, they play annually in multiple sports. Proximity donā€™t mean shit when you donā€™t play each other but once in a blue moon.

I give 0 fucks about any cusa school and fans of all other schools feel the same about us. If we did form a rivalry i think Marshall would be a better likelihood. They have a lot of alums here and their fans are easy to hate.

Asheville

He said jokinglyā€¦

Damn, someone get Mike off the phone with the UNC Asheville AD NOW!

Man. This thread is something.

We have to be decent for anybody to hate us. Davidson students didnā€™t even show this year. We need to fix our own house before we look outward.

2 Likes

To be fair, theyā€™ve never really shown at Haltron. That and the retirement buses donā€™t travel this far from the community.

We played in Davidson this year

Which may also be why the ADā€™s from BOTH schools have talked about scheduling the series to be played every year. This was said a while back. They are working on it. Football schedules are done years in advance but both schools are working to make it happen. Why? They both understand itā€™s a rivalry.

So ohio state and Michigan arent true rivals? Or Oklahoma and Texas??

I think a rivalry will come with them soon enough, but we definitely dont need a trophy for it. No point at all, at this point in time.

I would like to institute a trophy for every team we play. Eventually one of them will matter.

4 Likes

We have a great potential rivalry with App and geographic realignment might make it happen. Either way, we need to schedule them down the road. I donā€™t like the thought of them on a future list of teams weā€™ve never beaten.