Thugs

Again, another school labeling our guys as thugs. Is Thug a new word for Gym Rat??

http://www.xsorbit1.com/users/hawkforum/index.cgi?board=Hawk_Forum&action=display&num=1137518242

We used to say the same thing about Cincy…blah, blah, blah.

[QUOTE=max;149327]We used to say the same thing about Cincy…blah, blah, blah.[/QUOTE]

Cincy WAS a bunch of thugs. Curt’s DUI is the only event to happen with the current players - not quite sure that’s thug worthy. Tying up your roommate, however…

[QUOTE]we are not even close to having the athletes that Charlotte has[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]However, these guys were just plain thugs, alot of elbows, and alot of complaining and whining. They beat us, but what a bunch of punks.[/QUOTE]
Two viewpoints, coming from the same Saint Joseph’s poster.

I think this situation begs the question - "When do the pitchers & catchers report?"

:lol:

I always HATE bringing race into anything, BUT I have noticed that any team with a lot of extremely strong/athletic black players who are agressive on the court and play with passion ALWAYS get labled as “thugs.” That is whats happening with us this season, we have guys like Nance, Curt, Twon, Deangelo ect, that go in there and out-muscle these pansy little white boys, and the opposing fans automatically label us a bunch of thugs, even though they are just strong dudes who are busting their asses on the court for the team and playing with heart. Just my .02

i was gonna try and post on their site so that i could call them all prejudice, but there is no way im spending half an hour registering for that forum. what a horrible website.

Bunch of whiners.

We won, you lost, good bye. We’ve got bigger and better teams to worry about.

People need to focus on playing us then worrying if were thugs.

It’s the dreadlock mullet. It’s as classy as a white dude with a mullet. I thought it made Brian Roberts on our team look like a thug last year. Take a Randy Johnson as another example.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;149339]I always HATE bringing race into anything, BUT I have noticed that any team with a lot of extremely strong/athletic black players who are agressive on the court and play with passion ALWAYS get labled as “thugs.” [/QUOTE]

Yeah, thats it! The St. Joe fans are just a bunch of bigots. They rarely see teams with black players in Philly.

Cincy WAS a bunch of thugs. Curt's DUI is the only event to happen with the current players - not quite sure that's thug worthy. Tying up your roommate, however...
and that would be where you are wrong. Marcus Bennett was arrested last summer. He was driving while his licence was revoked. Go look in the Meck. County Sherriff mug shot thing and he is on there.

oh and curt also beat up a girl and had assault charges filed against him. He’s not the same guy anymore. He has completely changed and now he has matured.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;149339]I always HATE bringing race into anything, BUT I have noticed that any team with a lot of extremely strong/athletic black players who are agressive on the court and play with passion ALWAYS get labled as “thugs.” That is whats happening with us this season, we have guys like Nance, Curt, Twon, Deangelo ect, that go in there and out-muscle these pansy little white boys, and the opposing fans automatically label us a bunch of thugs, even though they are just strong dudes who are busting their asses on the court for the team and playing with heart. Just my .02[/QUOTE]

I couldn’t agree more. St Joe’s guy has two handfuls of Curt’s jersey and won’t let go, but Curt’s the thug.

Tintin

in any other game that would have been a technical instantly on the white guy from st. joes. hmmm. is the north still racist?

I think they might think the niners are thugs because nance elbowed a guy in the face blatantly.

I think they might think the niners are thugs because nance elbowed a guy in the face blatantly.

Ahh I dunno if it was blatant, his teammate should have told him a screen was about to be set, a little “pick, pick, pick” goes a long way in not getting jacked in the face. Either way I loved it, especially with the court view that ESPN showed. I watched it over and over again with TIVO!

Who cares if we are labeled as a bunch of thugs, if that makes other teams nervous around us then thats even better!

thugs that win is fine with me

I am not a student of the game but…

We have possession. Curt burns his defender, the defender grabs a handfull of jersey to the point of impeding Curt’s motion (flagrant foul worthy of two free throws and the ball?), and in the heat of the moment Curt swats him away and gets a technical (I assume for unsportsmanlike conduct). So instead, we lose two free throws, lose the subsequent posession granted for a flagrant foul, give them two free throws for the technical and lose posession again per the technical? WTF? There was potential for an eight point swing on the call.

Even if the first foul was not flagrant, we were still screwed.

dax with some good points…Did I just say that?

Thugs is to strong of a word, but our guys have thrown a few Cheap shots this year.