Thursday's big day

Just FYI

On Thursday morning, the Atlantic 10 will announce the men’s basketball preseason poll and preseason all-conference team.
Early in the afternoon, Charlotte will holds its annual basketball media day activites.
And of course at night will be Basketball Madness at 9 p.m.

I will be blogging and on Twitter most of the day (@jim_utter) relaying info from these events. Hope to see you there Thursday night.

[QUOTE=Jim Utter;436823]Just FYI

On Thursday morning, the Atlantic 10 will announce the men’s basketball preseason poll and preseason all-conference team.
Early in the afternoon, Charlotte will holds its annual basketball media day activites.

I will be blogging and on Twitter most of the day (@jim_utter) relaying info from these events. Hope to see you there Thursday night.[/QUOTE]
u need to blog how we lost Guyn, if you blog when he commits, there should be info why he walks away

[QUOTE=Jim Utter;436823]Just FYI

I will be blogging and on Twitter most of the day (@jim_utter) relaying info from these events. Hope to see you there Thursday night.[/QUOTE]thanks for your dedicated support jim. i look forward to reading your blog on friday when i read about all the other teams in print.

[QUOTE=LakeNorman49er;437042]thanks for your dedicated support jim. i look forward to reading your blog on friday when i read about all the other teams in print.[/QUOTE]

Coming Friday in your Charlotte Observer “Roy Williams’ Favorite Gum”

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;437044]Coming Friday in your Charlotte Observer “Roy Williams’ Favorite Gum”[/QUOTE]

Oh… I bet it’s doublemint b/c of the Wears

[QUOTE=LakeNorman49er;437042]thanks for your dedicated support jim. i look forward to reading your blog on friday when i read about all the other teams in print.[/QUOTE]

It appears the O is now promoting Roy Williams’s new book.

I understand bashing the O for their minimal coverage of our Niners. But you can start a new thread for that. If Jim starts a thread I do not want to see negative posts about the O. Keep in mind without Jim’s dedicated coverage we would have NOTHING to read about our Niners. I’m not saying that the remarks are not accurate and even funny but out of place.

Jim - we thank you for posting here and keeping us up to date with your information. And look forward to your coverage/info.

Agree! Start a new,or revise an old anti-O thread if you feel like bashing them.I appreciate having Jim’s insight on here.

Niner Basketball is in the air!

I’ll predict an 8th place preseason pick by coaches and media for Niners’ men.

[QUOTE=NinerLove;437098]I understand bashing the O for their minimal coverage of our Niners. But you can start a new thread for that. If Jim starts a thread I do not want to see negative posts about the O. [B]Keep in mind without Jim’s dedicated coverage we would have NOTHING to read about our Niners.[/B] I’m not saying that the remarks are not accurate and even funny but out of place.
[/QUOTE]
I agree about your take on the negativity.

But let’s not forget that there’s a good chance that Jim covering the Niners may possibly be part of his job responsibilities and I’m not sure, but may receive some little form of compensation for doing it.

[QUOTE]From the O…"[B][COLOR=#5588aa]Jim Utter[/COLOR][/B] covers NASCAR and the Charlotte 49ers for The Charlotte Observer."[/QUOTE]

and for the sake of arguing… although the O doesn’t give us the coverage we want, do you think if Jim quit or whatever, you think we just wouldn’t get any pub? I’m sorry, but Jim isn’t doing this for fun (although it would be), but to make a living and do his job like everyone else and make a pay check.

besides… I’m jealous, he gets PAID for watching the Niners!!! Whatta heck of a job!!!

Jim, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong because my comments are just backed by my own thoughts.

[QUOTE=NinerLove;437098]Keep in mind without Jim’s dedicated coverage we would have NOTHING to read about our Niners…[/QUOTE]

Huh? :huh:

Please explain this. We had Niners coverage for many years before Jim, and will have it for many more after him. I like Jim and think he does a fantastic job, but so did my dad, Jenna Janovy, Leonard Laye, etc etc etc

edit: just saw cibik was all over this one.

[QUOTE=cibik02;437160]I agree about your take on the negativity.

But let’s not forget that there’s a good chance that Jim covering the Niners may possibly be part of his job responsibilities and I’m not sure, but may receive some little form of compensation for doing it.

and for the sake of arguing… although the O doesn’t give us the coverage we want, BUT do you think if Jim quit or whatever, you think we just wouldn’t get any pub? I’m sorry, but Jim isn’t doing this for fun (although it would be), but to make a living and do his job like everyone else and make a pay check.

besides… I’m jealous, he gets PAID for watching the Niners!!! Whatta heck of a job!!!

Jim, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong because my comments are just backed by my own thoughts.[/QUOTE]
And in spite of his free media pass Jim has an FSL(s). Way to man up Jim!

I don’t think you should criticize the UNC-CH coverage. What Hell fan hasn’t been able to sleep for 9 years since the 2 Heels coachs had a feud? That is investigative journalism at it’s finest!

[QUOTE=Chisox17;437162]Huh? :huh:

Please explain this. We had Niners coverage for many years before Jim, and will have it for many more after him. I like Jim and think he does a fantastic job, but so did my dad, Jenna Janovy, Leonard Laye, etc etc etc

edit: just saw cibik was all over this one.[/QUOTE]

Chisox…I didn’t mean any disrespect to your dad or any other past/future reporters for our Niners. I enjoyed your dad’s columns and look forward to any coverage we get.

My point was that Jim is currently the only individual that consistantly covers us (regardless of why). And he should be a respected part of Niner Nation. I just get tired of seeing negative things about the O everytime jim posts something. He does not have to come on this site and post things. I truely believe Jim is a Niner fan and we should make him feel welcome as a part of our community at all costs.

Yes we will have someone to cover us after Jim…and I hold my ground saying that individual should be shown gratitude and welcomed as well. Don’t see anything to argue about here?

[QUOTE=NinerLove;437166]Chisox…I didn’t mean any disrespect to your dad or any other past/future reporters for our Niners. I enjoyed your dad’s columns and look forward to any coverage we get.

My point was that Jim is currently the only individual that consistantly covers us (regardless of why). And he should be a respected part of Niner Nation. I just get tired of seeing negative things about the O everytime jim posts something. He does not have to come on this site and post things. I truely believe Jim is a Niner fan and we should make him feel welcome as a part of our community at all costs.

Yes we will have someone to cover us after Jim…and I hold my ground saying that individual should be shown gratitude and welcomed as well. Don’t see anything to argue about here?[/QUOTE]

I got you man, and I agree with you 100%. I just didn’t get the part about not having anything to read about the Niners if Jim wasn’t covering us. I’m on the same page as you.

Atlantic 10 Media Day: [B][URL=http://www.atlantic10.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/101909aag.html]Link[/URL][/B]

From the [B][URL=http://www.basketballforum.com/atlantic-10-conference/433091-a10-media-day.html#post6085632]A10 Board[/URL][/B]

[QUOTE] The A10, in it’s infinite wisdom, has already given away their predicted order of finish as they are interviewing each coach in that order.[/QUOTE]If he is right, then:

Men’s Predicted Finish:
1 - Dayton
2 - Xavier
3 - Richmond
4 - La Salle
5 - Duquesne
6 - Temple
7 - Saint Louis
8 - Charlotte
9 - Rhode Island
10 - Massachusetts
11 - Saint Joseph’s
12 - St. Bonaventure
13 - George Washington
14 - Fordham

Women’s Predicted Finish:
1 - Xavier
2 - Charlotte
3 - Dayton
4 - Richmond
5 - Temple
6 - Duquesne
7 - St. Bonaventure
8 - George Washington
9 - Saint Joseph’s
10 - Saint Louis
11 - Massachusetts
12 - Rhode Island
13 - La Salle
14 - Fordham

[QUOTE=itsbraille49;437170]Atlantic 10 Media Day: [B][URL=http://www.atlantic10.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/101909aag.html]Link[/URL][/B]

Men’s Predicted Finish:
8 - Charlotte

[/QUOTE]
If this came true… That would really suck! Just sayinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Better they pick us too low than too high. Better yet, they skip this preseason b.s. and just let the season play out. I’d be disappointed if we finished 8th because that would mean no postseason and buying out Lutz’s contract–not a pleasant thought.

My mindset now,going into the season is…let everyone pick us as low as they can.Keep those expectations low and let’s sneak up on everyone and shock 'em…yeah,we’ll shock the world!!!