TIAA-CREF Alumni Golf Classic

It’s that time of year again! Sign ups are underway for the 6th annual TIAA-CREF Alumni Golf Classic. The tournament will be played on October 13th @ Highland Creek Golf Club. The shotgun start will be @ 12:30 pm. Coaches Lutz and Meier will be on hand to give us the scoop on the upcoming season and will all be watching to see if Lefty and the gang can repeat their performance of a year ago.

Information on the tournament and how to sign up is going in the mail this week, but you can get an early jump by going to the Alumni Tournament Website. You can use the site to get more information and sign up to play. We are very excited about this year’s tournament. We are also working on a few surprises that we’ll clue you in on in the coming weeks.

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to give me a call at (704) 687-2656 or email me at nbmcenti@email.uncc.edu.

[i]Originally posted by 49erAlumnus[/i]@Sep 2 2004, 04:48 PM [b] We are also working on a few surprises that we'll clue you in on in the coming weeks. [/b]
Surprise lap dances by the Gold Dusters, Nick?
[i]Originally posted by 49erAlumnus[/i]@Sep 2 2004, 03:48 PM [b] It’s that time of year again! Sign ups are underway for the 6th annual TIAA-CREF Alumni Golf Classic. The tournament will be played on October 13th @ Highland Creek Golf Club. The shotgun start will be @ 12:30 pm. Coaches Lutz and Meier will be on hand to give us the scoop on the upcoming season and will all be watching to see if Lefty and the gang can repeat their performance of a year ago.

[/b]

TEAM LEFTY will be there to defend. You can count on it. :thumbsup: :drink: :smiley:

TEAM Lefty just reloaded over the weekend. :hammer: :smiley: And all 4 of us are Alums (again this year), which makes it even better.

Hey Nick, will the NCAA allow me to to add Sheedy and DiBitetto for this tourney? :smiley: :smirk: :mallet: :ponder:

X,

I think that probably breaks several NCAA rules, but we would love to have you and some of your non-scholarship friends join us. :slight_smile:

HP,

If I could arrange that, would I invite 100 other people to join in? NO. However, I would be sure to invite you… B)

Team Lefty has made another change. The original four are now back together. We aren’t the Panthers. No reason to re-build when you’re already on top. :smiley:

So you guys know who you’re up against. :smirk:

Great event yesterday but TEAM Lefty did not repeat. Todd Beaver’s team finished at 15 under. Steve Hall, Benny Moss, James McCoy and Mark Colone finished at 14 and we were 13 under (third place). Coach Lutz finished at 12 under.

Ty Hensley (brother of Jack) was on hand to offer some thoughts on his brother and graciously accept the $1000 contribution to Hensley’s daughter’s trust fund.

Lots of optimism about the team and season. They said the Canada trip was a great experience. They’ll be able to break down the game tape to show the guys what they need to work on. Lots to build on.

Great event and a great time!!

While my team did not represent as well as Team Lefty we earned our -5 the hard way.

That’ll teach me for passing up an invite from the all-knowing, all powerful, king of pepsi, Todd Beavers.
Rumor has it, Team Beavers followed up their impressive performance by each drinking 15 beers!!!

[i]Originally posted by ballboy[/i]@Oct 14 2004, 10:58 AM [b] That'll teach me for passing up an invite from the all-knowing, all powerful, king of pepsi, Todd Beavers. Rumor has it, Team Beavers followed up their impressive performance by each drinking 15 beers!!!! [/b]
Beavers looked like he had 15 while playing. :D As he accepted the trophy, he exclaimed, I didn't do a damn thing. Pretty funny.
[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Oct 14 2004, 11:02 AM [b] Beavers looked like he had 15 while playing. :D [/b]
He always looks like that! And he's right, he probably didn't contribute!! :drink: