Tidewater Harvest - My Indie Game

I was planning to post this in the old Niner Business Cards forum, but this’ll do.

After years of dreaming, I’ve finally manned up and am trying to make one a reality. I’m very proud to announce the Kickstarter for my indie video game, “Tidewater Harvest”! It is a pirate game about sailing and plundering the high seas. If you are interested or want to help, please don’t hesitate to contact me. From simply sharing this info to doing more, any help is very much appreciated! Please check the Kickstarter for full details on the game - and the trailer isn’t half bad either!

I am an '09 grad with a B.S. in Computer Science. I studied video game design while there, but for a while it looked like I may not get to make use of this training. Hopefully, I can make the old CCI and the University proud on this one. I’d certainly love to be able to return some of what Charlotte has given me.

[quote=“49or bust, post:1, topic:28343”]I was planning to post this in the old Niner Business Cards forum, but this’ll do.

After years of dreaming, I’ve finally manned up and am trying to make one a reality. I’m very proud to announce the Kickstarter for my indie video game, “Tidewater Harvest”! It is a pirate game about sailing and plundering the high seas. If you are interested or want to help, please don’t hesitate to contact me. From simply sharing this info to doing more, any help is very much appreciated! Please check the Kickstarter for full details on the game - and the trailer isn’t half bad either!

I am an '09 grad with a B.S. in Computer Science. I studied video game design while there, but for a while it looked like I may not get to make use of this training. Hopefully, I can make the old CCI and the University proud on this one. I’d certainly love to be able to return some of what Charlotte has given me.[/quote]

How much must I donate to have a character named after me?

[quote=“itsbraille49, post:2, topic:28343”][quote=“49or bust, post:1, topic:28343”]I was planning to post this in the old Niner Business Cards forum, but this’ll do.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/698402002/tidewater-harvest

I am an '09 grad with a B.S. in Computer Science. I studied video game design while there, but for a while it looked like I may not get to make use of this training. Hopefully, I can make the old CCI and the University proud on this one. I’d certainly love to be able to return some of what Charlotte has given me.[/quote]

How much must I donate to have a character named after me?[/quote]It is listed on the kick starter page. $100 for a character named after you. The higher levels also get your name in the game in different ways.

[quote=“itsbraille49, post:2, topic:28343”][quote=“49or bust, post:1, topic:28343”]I was planning to post this in the old Niner Business Cards forum, but this’ll do.

How much must I donate to have a character named after me?[/quote]
You are actually on one of the ships in the trailer lol (the Sloop). If you can’t see it, the Youtube version is better. Kickstarter compression isn’t so hot I guess. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lfJeo7UOCQ

But the legit answer is either $100 or $500 (that’s not all you get at that donation level of course). Crew names are changeable by the player whereas a quest giver name is permanent.

Forgot, at $100 you can alternatively get a ship name in the random ship name generator. “Pipkins’ Sprint” might be a good sloop name lol. In honor of the undying memory of your victory over Mr. Fickett.

[quote=“49or bust, post:4, topic:28343”][quote=“itsbraille49, post:2, topic:28343”][quote=“49or bust, post:1, topic:28343”]I was planning to post this in the old Niner Business Cards forum, but this’ll do.

How much must I donate to have a character named after me?[/quote]
You are actually on one of the ships in the trailer lol (the Sloop). If you can’t see it, the Youtube version is better. Kickstarter compression isn’t so hot I guess. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lfJeo7UOCQ

But the legit answer is either $100 or $500 (that’s not all you get at that donation level of course). Crew names are changeable by the player whereas a quest giver name is permanent.

Forgot, at $100 you can alternatively get a ship name in the random ship name generator. “Pipkins’ Sprint” might be a good sloop name lol. In honor of the undying memory of your victory over Mr. Fickett.[/quote]

When the game ends, do you see a display that says “Game [size=14pt]OVER[/size]”?

Haha, actually no. But if you recover from a crew mutiny, you can throw the troublemakers [size=14pt]OVER[/size]board.