Tix question for alumns

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;166428]My 2 cents…I think this whole process is screwed up.

$10,000 in cumlative donations is rediculous, given the current demand for tickets. As much as I love my school that is not even a sensible number for me to be motivated to reach. $1,000 per year with the hope of possibly getting LL seats in ten years?? Hoping for LL seats in 20 years is not a motivator to me.

If “the number” was somewhat lower (say $5,000), I think they might able to generate MORE interest in the 49er Club. Yes, this would likely mean more seats SOMEWHERE on the LL would need to be made available to the general public.

While I’m on the subject (49er Club), I think there are some other ways they could get more money for their supporters. The Cone Deck parking pass IMO is worth a lot more than $49.00. Given the other parking options around campus, I think they could raise it to $100.00 and not lose many (if any) people.[/QUOTE]

well i hope you’re happy with yourself. you probably just cost some fans $51 a year with that parking idea. :smile: it’s not a bad idea though.

the only way they can make more seats available downstairs is to take them away from the students. but we could better utilize those downstairs endzone seats. i don’t know why we can’t put a row of chairs completely around the track like we currently do for handicap seating. they can be the “club level” seats and worth more money.

[QUOTE=LakeNorman49er;166435]well i hope you’re happy with yourself. you probably just cost some fans $51 a year with that parking idea. :smile: it’s not a bad idea though.

the only way they can make more seats available downstairs is to take them away from the students. but we could better utilize those downstairs endzone seats. i don’t know why we can’t put a row of chairs completely around the track like we currently do for handicap seating. they can be the “club level” seats and worth more money.[/QUOTE]

I know, but hey, I’m just tired of hearing how we don’t enough revenue. Ideas like this and your “club level” idea that are worthy of some time and effort.

The students should always have the 3 sections closest to the Niners bench in the LL, but the rest of the LL (especially the endzones) could be utilized better. This is exactly my point, there are more money making options available WITHOUT TAKING PRIME SEATS FROM THE STUDENTS.

I have a lot of respect for the die hard students (most of which I think are on this site), but I don’t think this school has enough student support to allocate as many LL seats as they presently make available.

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;166438]The students should always have the 3 sections closest to the Niners bench in the LL, but the rest of the LL (especially the endzones) could be utilized better. This is exactly my point, there are more money making options available WITHOUT TAKING PRIME SEATS FROM THE STUDENTS.[/QUOTE]
Ummm, what is available then? Only Section 108 in the corner could be lost to the students, section 131 is the band and 132 is for students now. Sections 110-112 are Priority 2 season ticket seats as is Section 130.

Personally, I wish more students would want to sit behind the basket in the lower level. That would also include taking a section (104 or 106) away as well for 49er Club members.

We could also move “press row” to the end zone, corners, or wherever (which may have to include having press “rows”); then we replace the current location of press row with a row of chairs. Those seats could go for quite a bit more money than the regular seats. That should increase downstairs seats on the non-student side by approximately 8.33 percent.

My 2 cents.....I think this whole process is screwed up.

$10,000 in cumlative donations is rediculous, given the current demand for tickets. As much as I love my school that is not even a sensible number for me to be motivated to reach. $1,000 per year with the hope of possibly getting LL seats in ten years?? Hoping for LL seats in 20 years is not a motivator to me.

If “the number” was somewhat lower (say $5,000), I think they might able to generate MORE interest in the 49er Club. Yes, this would likely mean more seats SOMEWHERE on the LL would need to be made available to the general public.

While I’m on the subject (49er Club), I think there are some other ways they could get more money for their supporters. The Cone Deck parking pass IMO is worth a lot more than $49.00. Given the other parking options around campus, I think they could raise it to $100.00 and not lose many (if any) people.

please contact other schools to see what it takes to get you in the top 13 rows, 10,000 will look like a bargain

How much does it cost to get lower level season tickets for Mens games? If I end up at Charlotte Law next year (which I may) I will be purchasing seasons tickets to Niners games. How much am I looking at for two seats?

Charlotte Law starts next year?

AWESOME!

Can someone fill me in on that group? I had to go away from Charlotte for my JD, and I would like to talk to the new dept to see how it is coming.

I know, but hey, I'm just tired of hearing how we don't enough revenue. Ideas like this and your "club level" idea that are worthy of some time and effort.

The students should always have the 3 sections closest to the Niners bench in the LL, but the rest of the LL (especially the endzones) could be utilized better. This is exactly my point, there are more money making options available WITHOUT TAKING PRIME SEATS FROM THE STUDENTS.

I have a lot of respect for the die hard students (most of which I think are on this site), but I don’t think this school has enough student support to allocate as many LL seats as they presently make available.

The problem with this, though, is that many alumni will not show up to games. Their seats are reserved but they are not there. Thus, the place will look even more empty than it is now.

What might work better is a lower general admission section where alumni with high seats can trade into that section, and then their seats are released as general admission tickets. With this system, general admission tickets sold before hand would be more like a Southwest flight where seats are not reserved until you get there. A person at the window to get their seats would get best available, including the released seats of alumni who got in the better section.

As a problem though, you would have to upgrade ticket distribution at the gate on the day of the event to take care of the masses who would need to pick up tickets.

But that’s a different topic, b/c paper tickets should never be given before the date of an event b/c it causes empty seats to exist in prime locations. Only confirmation numbers should be given. This would also stop scalping from taking some of the lower seats, too.