Tom Sorenson on Calvin Brock

He was on John Boy and Billy this morning, and I kept waiting for him to mention that he was a Niner. Never did. Now, I like Sorenson, but wtf. If he was a Tar Heel it would have been mentioned, if he was on the radio in another city talking about an alum of one of their universities, you know it would be mentioned. It just would have been nice to hear that extra 2 second snipit.

As an aside, that reminded me of the last games of 2005, when were packing out Halton. Bobby Lutz said he wanted sell out crowds the last 5 games. I called Ace and TJ on the last game, and told em it was a big deal, and we had some tickets left, they took like 20 seconds and made a special announcement for me, a free advertisement for the Charlotte 49ers, per an email I sent to them. That was awesome. That is the kind of commitment we need to make. That should have been something Dan Devos did, call all the local radio stations and get them to drop a line for free.

(tangent) WE NEED TO REACH OUT MORE, EVERY DAY TO THE CHARLOTTE COMMUNITY (/tangent)

To think… I favor Ace and TJ more… and I hated them///

If he was a Tar Heel it would have been mentioned, if he was on the radio in another city talking about an alum of one of their universities, you know it would be mentioned. It just would have been nice to hear that extra 2 second snipit.

Being an alum of UNCC has nothing to do with the fight.

He’s not a Tarheel, Sorenson is a Wolfpack alum.

Sorenson is a Minnesota Golden Gopher.

How does Calvin have anything to do with this thread?

^

Let me clarify. Sorenson was on John Boy and Billy, and was talking about Brock, played up how he was the big hometown boy.

My point was, if it was in a different city, and he was say, for example a Cal-Berkley grad and it was on the local radio there, Im sure it would have been mentioned.

He did not fight for UNC Charlotte, he merely went to school here. So really, there is no connection between his boxing skills and the school, other than this is where he went to school. I’m sure lots of people who went to UNCC got famous for doing things that they didn’t learn while on campus.

[QUOTE=Brick Tamland, Weather;190467]He did not fight for UNC Charlotte, he merely went to school here. So really, there is no connection between his boxing skills and the school, other than this is where he went to school. I’m sure lots of people who went to UNCC got famous for doing things that they didn’t learn while on campus.[/QUOTE]
You talk about the niners EVERY chance you get…this is half of our problem right here!

[QUOTE=Ninercentral;190460]^

Let me clarify. Sorenson was on John Boy and Billy, and was talking about Brock, played up how he was the big hometown boy.
[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I thought he usually just insulted Brock?

Sorenson is a Minnesota Golden Gopher.
yeah...I got an email...he is indeed a Gopher but he's a NC State Fan