Top5 Niner Moments of '07-08

I was looking at another athletic website and saw their Top5 moments from the previous year. Scanning all sports what are your top5 moments from Niner atheltics last season? For me…

1. Clemson win! (I unfortunately didnt get to make the trip! or it would be ranked higher im sure)

2. My copy of Golfworld that has us ranked #1 in the US!

3. Baseball officially opens new stadium.

4. Leemire and Curry dueling inside Halton, Lee getting the best, Niners beat Davidson!

5. Niners coming from 20+pts back to beat UMASS in A-10 bball championship, celebrating at Picassos

Lotta basketball on this list, but whatcha gonna do?

i would agree with that list. the umass game at picassos, going from depression and despair to watch us come back, celebrating with the other niner fans as picassos went crazy. that may have been my greatest feeling as a niner ever.

Id go with that list and add some honorable mentions:
The Wake game and Anjuan with the #1 play on ESPN
Women’s Soccer winning the A-10 title at HOME

more to come

Id go with that list and add some honorable mentions: The Wake game and Anjuan with the #1 play on ESPN Women's Soccer winning the A-10 title at HOME

more to come

Definitely memorable moments.

I’d add the bunt that won the A-10 championship for baseball in there. That was a pretty exciting moment.

I’d keep #1 the same, but to narrow it down: it was when Lee hit that “I’m gonna make this and there isn’t $h%t you can do about it” 3-pointer from the top of the key + a couple of steps

All worthy mentions indeed.

I gotta add the debut of The 49ers Insider TV show. :biggrin:

I agree with that list. The #1 has to be the UMass game in Atlantic City. I missed picasso’s but was in Atlantic City as part of the pep band. Let me tell you; hearing our fans roar in the Boardwalk Hall, our team going crazy at the buzzer, and UMass in disbelief was by far my best memory of the 07-08 season.:49ers:

When Charlie Coley posterized Stephanie Curry with that sicknasty tommahawk throwdown.

Its hard to just pick 5…

5 R I win in tourney
4 umass win in tourney
3 davidson win
2 clempzen win
1 Wake win

[QUOTE=Chisox17;328085]When Charlie Coley posterized Stephanie Curry with that sicknasty tommahawk throwdown.[/QUOTE]

That’s a good one!

Its hard to just pick 5...

thats kinda the point…

thats kinda the point...

Def. something to add is the pregaming for almost all the games.

Also the Womens soccer games were awesome. Drunken soccer chants ROCK.

I def. have to throw in the Pat Mccory rah rah in the student section. Although I think that was a couple years ago.

The NNG Pizza party was awesome, as was the Bacon Salt giveaway.

App State game was nice. Those first couple games were a nice eye opener, with all the student turnout and stuff.

Arizona Reid shutdown was AWESOME.

The DICKS halftime Alumni vs Students was the bombdiggity. We had to let the Alumni win so they would crap their depends.

Of course there are tons more!

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;328137]That’s a good one![/QUOTE]

Definently My favorite memory of the year was beating Davidson. Even more so after the tournament.

Honorable mentions: beating URI twice in a row, HPU/App games, first two conference home games, and absolutely demolishing G-W at home/Coley’s windmill dunk

5 URI tourny win
4 Wake win/An’Juan’s coming out party
3 Davidson win + Lee going off + Coley…
2 UMass win/Threemire
1 Clemson takes the cake cause I was there. I still laugh at every Clemson bumper sticker/hat/shirt I see.

1. Xavier whiteout - dropped down the list bc of the loss.

2. Wake game uptown - not because of wakes claims of them being our “superbowl” or something, but because we showed some folks uptown who didnt have a real clue about us that we were a good team, that we knew how to win, and that we could compete against their beloved ACC - good communal buzz and having some fun in my VIP style seats (someone screwed up when they gave the AD the student tickets! :biggrin:) was awesome.

3. Davidson win - loud game, lots of fun, watching leemire be the only guy in the NCAA who actually answered curry over and over and over until we won

4. Waiting outside every homegame for hours on end with fellow niners. I really relized how much I loved doing this the day of hte Xavier game. I arrived at the doors at 1:30 as soon as I got out of class to find Will, Zac and Job (and others of course) watching DVDs at the door of the game under a ghetto tarp tent. Will had been there since 11. Man, just thinking about all the fun we have out there just hanging out gets me excited about next season.

5. Post Clemson party outside the locker room with the guys. Between that, the shutting down of their fans by our little 150-200 person group, chanting all the way home on the bus, leading a ranked team all but 9 seconds of the game. Just an amazing experience that I’ll never forget.

My favorite moments cannot be expressed with words… Only disappointed faces…

Looking ahead to [B]NEXT SEASON[/B], and in chronological order:

1. Niner FOOTBALL decision is a YES.

2. Men’s Soccer RETURNS to FINAL FOUR.

3. Basketball Team makes FINAL FOUR AGAIN.

4. Golf team wins NCAA Championship.

5. Baseball team goes to CWS in Omaha.

Looking ahead to [B]NEXT SEASON[/B], and in chronological order:
  1. Niner FOOTBALL decision is a YES.

2. Men’s Soccer RETURNS to FINAL FOUR.

3. Basketball Team makes FINAL FOUR AGAIN.

4. Golf team wins NCAA Championship.

5. Baseball team goes to CWS in Omaha.

You forgot, Women’s Soccer wins 3rd straight Conference Title and first National Title after beating Clemson 2-0 in the final, having started off the season whoopin that Tar Hole ass up in Chapel Hill.

In an off-the-wall honorable mention:

Does anybody remember the two ballboys shooting around at halftime of the X game? Those kids were awesome, and the whole student section got up cheering for them. That was the most entertaining halftime of the year.