The only reason I post this is because this is soon to be one of those defining moments in our lives, for good or bad.

Photos of Barry Bonds’ 713th home run, May 7, 2006 in Philadelphia.

[I][SIZE=1](firewalls need to be turned off to view these attachments)[/SIZE][/I]

49ers

It’ll be expunged from the record book once this is all finished…

i really doubt it jason. mainly because when he took steroids it wasn’t illegal in baseball. Its the same arguement everyone has. Yes he didn’t do it the right way but lately he’s been passing every single drug test they can throw at him. i personally could care less if he pass the mark. As many times as he walks and gets hit with a pitch and he still has that many homeruns. More power to him.

Go get it Bonds

If you think Ruth and the old timers didn’t do some things they weren’t supposed to do, then you’re smoking crack.

The RBI record is what people should be talking about. Baseball is about driving in and scoring runs, not hitting home runs (although a HR does accomplish both of the previous listed tasks on one swing).

not a huge fan of his, but steriods or other supplements don’t cause his AMAZING hand eye coordination…his bat speed is phenominal…don’t want him to break aaron’s but if he does more power to him

he’ll have to retire before he breaks aaron’s because he’s not healthy enough to get that far. He limps around the bases now. His body is finally catching up to him.

He crushed a home run off the facade tonight. It won’t matter if he has to limp around the bases, once you clear the fences you can crawl around if you need to.

He is what, 42 home runs short of tying now? Even if he plays every other day, he could hit 42 home runs in the next two years.

i really doubt it jason. mainly because when he took steroids it wasn't illegal in baseball...

I hear this argument all the time and I can’t stand it.

Look…Steroids were not in the Collective Bargaining agreement as a banned substance but they were in fact ILLEGAL to use and distribute in the United States of America!!!

Whether they were “specifically” outlawed in the sport of Baseball should be irrelevant…because they were/are ILLEGAL to use and/or distribute in our country!!!

That’s like saying that “Murder” is not specifically illegal in Baseball…so if you’re rounding third and look to be out at the plate…you can pull out a revolver and shoot the catcher en route to scoring the game winning run! Why not? Murder isn’t specifically addressed as illegal in the rules of Baseball, is it?

Look…Bonds has great hand-eye coordination BUT don’t fool yourself…Steroids makes a HUGE difference. It turns a 290ft fly out into a 375ft HR.

Just ask Brady Anderson, Brett Boone, et al.

[QUOTE=HP49er;172585]The only reason I post this is because this is soon to be one of those defining moments in our lives, for good or bad.

Photos of Barry Bonds’ 713th home run, May 7, 2006 in Philadelphia.

[I][SIZE=1](firewalls need to be turned off to view these attachments)[/SIZE][/I][/QUOTE]

Ruth does not have the record, when he passes Aaron, than that will be a defining moment.

I hear this argument all the time and I can't stand it.

Look…Steroids were not in the Collective Bargaining agreement as a banned substance but they were in fact ILLEGAL to use and distribute in the United States of America!!!

Whether they were “specifically” outlawed in the sport of Baseball should be irrelevant…because they were/are ILLEGAL to use and/or distribute in our country!!!

That’s like saying that “Murder” is not specifically illegal in Baseball…so if you’re rounding third and look to be out at the plate…you can pull out a revolver and shoot the catcher en route to scoring the game winning run! Why not? Murder isn’t specifically addressed as illegal in the rules of Baseball, is it?

Look…Bonds has great hand-eye coordination BUT don’t fool yourself…Steroids makes a HUGE difference. It turns a 290ft fly out into a 375ft HR.

Just ask Brady Anderson, Brett Boone, et al.

you might not be able to stand the arguement about him using them at one time. He’s hit a majority of his homeruns in the last 7 years when he has been repeatedly tested for drug usage. Bonds has hit 302 homers in the years he hasn’t supposedly done drugs. Like him or not that is absolutely phenominal. He would have more if he hadn’t suffered that knee injury last season. He’s old and he has a phenominal hand eye coordination. He’s had to resort to upper body strength to over power the ball to get them out because he can’t use his legs ne more or they will fall off. Bonds has always been consistant he’s just has a great last few years.

I think this year has proved 1 thing. That regardless of the fact whether he used Steroids, he can still hit the ball pretty darn far without them.

Furthermore I agree with whoever made the point about Ruth. I’m sure ball players back then weren’t just made from chicken and string beans. Furthermore pitchers hadn’t developed the variety of curve balls, sliders, change ups, off speed pitches, breaking balls, etc. It was pretty much your fastball against my bad speed.

If you put Bonds in Ruth’s era, I’d say he’d have hit 700.

However Hank Aaron’s record should not be broken. He did it without steroids, in advanced pitching days, against racial tension.

You see how hobbled he is? I doubt he will pass Aaron.

The real story last night: Phills Win Eighth Straight!

[QUOTE=the daxified one;172607]He’s hit a majority of his homeruns in the last 7 years when he has been repeatedly tested for drug usage. Bonds has hit 302 homers in the years he hasn’t supposedly done drugs.[/QUOTE]

Do you think what he was taking would have been detected by MLB with the joke of testing procedures they were using???

He definitely was taking HGH because a mans head is not suppose to double in size after the age of 35.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;172588]i really doubt it jason. mainly because when he took steroids it wasn’t illegal in baseball. [/QUOTE]

True, but isn’t owning/taking steriods illegal in general?

[QUOTE=HP49er;172585]The only reason I post this is because this is soon to be one of those defining moments in our lives, for good or bad.[/Quote]

“Ruth did it on Hot Dogs and Beer”

Classic.

Define “steroids”. Also, show me which pitchers used steroids and pitched against him, and got him out (with their unfair advantage).

The argument can go around and around.

Define "steroids". Also, show me which pitchers used steroids and pitched against him, and got him out (with their unfair advantage).

The argument can go around and around.

Just because “everybody” else is doing it doesn’t make it right. Bonds made a conscious decision to cheat. He had been doing it by the book his entire career, and was well on his way to being the best ballplayer of all time (with decent power…39/year ish HRs). His problem was the fact that he couldn’t get passed the fans going nuts for Maguire and Sosa in 98. Here were two players he felt were far inferior to his overall baseball skills getting all the attention he thought he deserved.

An interesting read is the Book of Shadows. I don’t think there’s any doubt to Bond’s steroid usage after the 98 season.

The real story last night: Phills Win Eighth Straight!3 Hours Ago 10:13 AMindeed. The phils won again… ohhh and the mets lost. way to go braves! taking one for the phils.