Tournament of Champions

I have read in the paper the past couple of days about the UNC and Duke recuits playing at the T of C this weekend. Does anyone has updates on guys we are recruiting?

I have read in the paper the past couple of days about the UNC and Duke recuits playing at the T of C this weekend. Does anyone has updates on guys we are recruiting?

Gokhan Sirin will be playing on the Turkish National team in his native country this summer. The rest of our guys are already at school I think, as all of them had mentioned being there at the start of the first summer session. That’s about all I can think to tell ya.

I know that Marquis Rankin (PG out of Vance High c/o 2011 with a Charlotte offer) has kind of blown up and Duke and Chapel Hill are after him now so you can pretty much write him off.

Other than that I don’t know much because I don’t really know who our targets are for '10 and '11.

Oh here’s something on Tyler Lewis from the TOC:

[QUOTE]Tyler Lewis (PG Carolina Flight) - Every time I watch him play, I come away impressed. Playing up in the 16U division, Lewis was the floor general for the Flight, taking care of the basketball and scoring in a variety of ways. He has perfected the runner in the lane and rarely makes mistakes when being pressured by the defense. While his quickness is still a work in process, his savvy on the court gets him by at this level. The only complaint that I had during this morning’s game concerning Lewis was that he did not give the ball up on the break like I expected. Since he usually managed to score anyway there is little room to complain, but feeding teammates effectively in transition is something I like to see in a point guard. Lewis has a number of high major schools looking at him and I do not see that ending anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

Gokhan Sirin will be playing on the Turkish National team in his native country this summer. The rest of our guys are already at school I think, as all of them had mentioned being there at the start of the first summer session. That's about all I can think to tell ya.

Gokhan and the other incomming recruits are class of 09. He’s talking about '10,'11 and '12 guys.

Gokhan and the other incomming recruits are class of 09. He's talking about '10,'11 and '12 guys.

Yeah I sort of missed that… lol