Tracy Smith - 2007

Bigtime prospect. He is ranked #96 overall in his class, and is the #24 power forward. He is listed at 6’7 225, so he is a little small for a 4, but the height is there, and we all know that Greene could toss about 15 pounds more muscle on him. He has an offer from us, but also from Arizona, NC State, Oklahoma State, Florida State, and Indiana. He has OK State, Arizona, and NC State listed as high interest, so Im not sure that we have much of a shot with him, but with Mox back, and Cheeks on board, I feel we have a shot with anyone…

He used to be a little too big. Dropped 70 lbs in the past few months.

[QUOTE=moss2k;176449]He used to be a little too big. Dropped 70 lbs in the past few months.[/QUOTE]

Day-um. This dude must have been 'Twon-ish.

Chi, do you mind posting a link to rivals profile while you’re at it? thanks.

Got it. http://charlotte.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=36918

He’s at Mt. Zion.

ive seen this kid play live and he is excellent. good ballhandler, strong, can take it to the lane. i would love to have this guy.

we arent in his top 4

I’ve added him to the 2007 thread.

07/06/06

According to Hoop Scoop, his list now includes: N.C. State, Memphis, Oklahoma State, Florida State, Louisville, and Charlotte.

07/06/06

Minutes after I just posted the Hoop Scoop list for Smith, Rivals said his top 3 are N.C. State, Memphis, and Oklahoma State.

Things are looking better and better with Tracy :shades:

Check the Pick at Ninerreport

[QUOTE=Chisox17;183591]Things are looking better and better with Tracy :shades:

Check the Pick at Ninerreport[/QUOTE]

For those too lazy to go to the site, there is a thread titled, “Tracy Smith on Campus”.

Per Scout:

Smith is hearing from NC State, Oklahoma State, Charlotte, Memphis, Florida State, and Louisville. NC State, Charlotte, and Oklahoma State have extended offers and Smith believes Louisville is close to offering as well. He recently visited Charlotte but admits that another high-major program is recruiting him the hardest.

“I just came off an unofficial visit to Charlotte,” he said. "It was pretty good, I liked it.

“I’d say Oklahoma State is probably recruiting me the hardest. They’ve offered me a scholarship and say I could really help them. They are saying that I can be a Joey Graham-type player for them. They’ve been text messaging me a lot and have been talking with my mom.”

“I’d be happy to play for a coach like him.”

Another program firmly in the mix is the NC State Wolfpack. Smith, who averaged 24 points and 11 rebounds as a junior at Durham (NC) Mt. Zion Academy, hails originally from Michigan but is really comfortable with the state of North Carolina. New Wolfpack head coach Sidney Lowe is in heavy pursuit.

“Sidney Lowe likes me a lot,” said Smith. "Actually I just heard from him today. He’s a nice person, and he’s cool to talk to. I’d be happy to play for a coach like him.

“I’ve been in North Carolina for a pretty long time, so I know my way around. NC State is a good school, and it’s in the ACC. I like that because I would want to play against that type of competition. I just want to go see how the campus is and meet the coaching staff. I also want to meet the players and see what they are like. Actually I’m taking an unofficial visit to NC State next weekend.”

Smith, who is in no hurry to make a decision, is focusing on his academics as he has been preparing for the upcoming SAT test. He plans on taking a couple of visits prior to verbally committing and states that currently there is no leader.

"

"I'd be happy to play for a coach like him."

isn’t this his first year b/c his dad pulled a bob huggins?

“i’m not as think, as you drunk i am.”

“I like that because I would want to play against that type of competition.”

is there an article coming tonight?

New article up on Rivals.

Here’s a snipit:

“They’re (Charlotte) definitely one of my top five schools,” Smith said. “I also like NC State, Oklahoma State and LSU.”

He’ll trim his list of “too many to name” to three around the time he starts school on September 5, and Smith knows exactly what type of school will make that short list.

“Just a school that has a nice campus and cool coaches,” he said. “And a school that I can come in and get immediate playing time.”

Knowing that 3 of our key big men will be leaving next year has to have some sort of effect on Tracy. He could come in and start from day one.

Another plus would have to be Prestone Green. Imagine what he could do with Tracy after a summer or working out with him, look out.

[QUOTE=TheShowDawg;183826]“I like that because I would want to play against that type of competition.”[/QUOTE]

If thats the case don’t let him see our schedule this year… :-/

[QUOTE=EE9er;184337]If thats the case don’t let him see our schedule this year… :-/[/QUOTE]

Let’s hope this is more important, from the new article: :biggrin:

[QUOTE]“Just a school that has a nice campus and cool coaches,” he said. “And a school that I can come in and get immediate playing time.”[/QUOTE]

He can get all the minutes he wants here.