Trey Wertz - 2018 SG - Committed to Santa Clara

[quote=“NLP49, post:20, topic:30210”][quote=“Nugget, post:13, topic:30210”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:12, topic:30210”]Man is he ever an exact replica of his dad. Looks just like him.

I’d love it if Trey came to play for Price. Would be a great mentor.[/quote]
It would not surprise me if he ended up at Davidson. Small private school (like his high school), home of Steph Curry (looks up to him), good academics (Langston specifically mentioned how important that is to him and Mom), and sadly, they are a pretty good basketball school. But, Bob McKillop would be 67 when Wertz arrived on Campus, and 71 when he graduated, so maybe that isn’t as good a fit as I thought. Maybe we should all send McKillop birthday cards (July 13) wishing him a pleasant retirement for the next few years.[/quote]

Is his son the heir apparent?[/quote]
That is the generally held belief, and he might be the one coach they could get that would stay there even if successful. It is hard to follow a legend, and although one run to the Elite Eight doesn’t make you one in my mind, Bob McKillop is a legend to the MildCats.

[quote=“NLP49, post:20, topic:30210”][quote=“Nugget, post:13, topic:30210”][quote=“NinerAdvocate, post:12, topic:30210”]Man is he ever an exact replica of his dad. Looks just like him.

I’d love it if Trey came to play for Price. Would be a great mentor.[/quote]
It would not surprise me if he ended up at Davidson. Small private school (like his high school), home of Steph Curry (looks up to him), good academics (Langston specifically mentioned how important that is to him and Mom), and sadly, they are a pretty good basketball school. But, Bob McKillop would be 67 when Wertz arrived on Campus, and 71 when he graduated, so maybe that isn’t as good a fit as I thought. Maybe we should all send McKillop birthday cards (July 13) wishing him a pleasant retirement for the next few years.[/quote]

Is his son the heir apparent?[/quote] Yes.

#family.

We watched Wertz play today.

Curious if our coverage in the Big O would get any better if we had a player whose dad was a pretty big sportswriter with the Big O.

Hmmmm.

Clemson now expressing interest.

Justin Byerly @Justinbyerly
2018 G Trey Wertz of Team Loaded NC will take unofficial visits to Clemson, Florida and Stanford over next five weeks. @_TDub3

Wake Forest has reached out.

Time to move on

Rice and Richmond are his only offers at this point, no reason to back away because other teams are sniffing around.

ECU has expressed interest.

clt says all praise Lebo.

[quote=“49er1, post:32, topic:30210”]http://www.tigernet.com/story/basketball/Charlotte-shooting-guard-phenom-offer-Clemson-visit-14877[/quote] “They think I could fit into their system perfectly”. Well, no one ever lied and told this to a recruit before.

A lot of recruits have bad advisors–AAU coaches looking for something in it for themselves, parents that never went to college, or maybe did not even finish high school, “uncles”–Trey has a dad that knows the deal. I expect him to make a good choice, but then he has to perform to make it count. I do not know where he ranks on our list, but playing for Mark Price should count for a lot.

/action NLP cites Gabe DeVoe

/action NLP cites Gabe DeVoe[/quote]

proof that sometimes, you’re better off when you don’t land the player.

Does anyone know if we are recruiting Trey’s team Loaded teammate Darius McGhee from Roxboro? Only 5’9" but is an incredible PG

Price and Co. offered Trey today.

I’m sure a lot of offers will be going out the next few days.

2018 Guard Wertz Offered by Charlotte

https://charlotte.n.rivals.com/news/2018-guard-wertz-offered-by-charlotte

• funny story behind the offer. Read here!