2022 Week 1 - William & Mary @ Charlotte, 9/2 7:00 PM ESPN3

Made reservations today for W&M game on Sept. 3. We travel well and will have a good contingent for the game.

Wondering if yā€™all have any insight about setting up a visitor tailgate for a couple hundred people. Looked on 49er website and it doesnā€™t really have much that is encouraging. Our Football Parentā€™s Club and QB Club plan jointly for tailgates and typically have about 60 vehicles for games at Elon and I expect similar at your place.

clt says the black lot is your best option

Someone should reach out to the ticket office or athletic foundation and they will work with you to set up a spot with no issues

Visitors are usually at the soccer field.

1 Like

Thanks for the help. Will reach out to school on this. Not finding a Black Lot on this map.

Football-parking-map_F21

The black lot is thereā€¦ Underneath the University Recreation Center ā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

https://urec.charlotte.edu/facilities/university-recreation-center

(they built over a popular tailgating lot to build that admittedly sweet Rec center - but the alums miss the Black Lot)

Gotcha.

Iā€™d def reach out to the uni first but these guys also can cater to large groups and could probably setup something for a visitors event.

1 Like

Look for the Magenta Lot. That is normally where you tailgate. Heā€™s just messing with you on the Black Lot as that was a favorite of many of us until they built the Student Rec Center. Cheers!

1 Like

No insight aside from what has been mentioned already. Planning a tailgate thatā€™s over 8 months away? Thatā€™s what Iā€™m talking about. Hopefully youā€™ll rub off on some people while youā€™re here. Welcome. :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Thanks! Weā€™re serious about supporting our Tribe!

Have a number of North Carolina kids on the team so games in the Tarheel state are well attended. Most prominent is a Charlotte guy who played at Vance H.S. named Nate Lynn. Consensus FCS All-American this past season.

1 Like

Just wanted to say that your ticket office has been terrific in helping us set up a Tribe tailgate. Weā€™ll be in the Red Lot so please come by and visit. Just look for Tribe tents and flags and ask for Sandy. Iā€™ll have a cold one for you!

10 Likes

Looking forward to William and Mary playing on our campus.

Regional games are the best.

2 Likes

clt says parking services are very laid back.

1 Like

I will be out of town so I cannot go to the game. I have three tickets I want a Charlotte fan to use so message me if you are interested.

FYI- Heard word that the student tailgate lot will not be ready in time for Fridayā€™s game.

clt says nice work, heals

1 Like

Student tailgate lot will likely not be done this season.

There is a possibility they could get over there midway with just gravel, but last I heard they were going to just wait until next season when it is finished and landscaped etc.

1 Like

That is a lost opportunity with the students to create a buzzā€¦see what I did there

3 Likes

Yeah. Clever. But any buzz that was there, was lost Saturday night.

3 Likes