Tulane postgame

Another terrible road loss. Pieces are here to be successful at this time, a shame we can’t put them together on most nights at this point in the season.

Desolation across Niner Nation!!!

Lester had a rough game. His travel on the 3 on 1 fast break in the last minute probably cost us the game.

The average fan does not know how good ALL the teams in the NCAA are. ::slight_smile:

Not surprised anymore, I am just trying to remove myself emotionally from the results of these games. I wish I could find some way to forget we were playing until the start of next season.

It is pathetic that Judy extended the contract of this pitiful excuse of a coach. Wissel ball has been resurrected as Major ball. There is absolutely no excuse for the way this team plays. We are getting nothing from the talent we have.

I never seriously thought that Major might get shit canned this year, but the way things are going…it’s actually looking more and more realistic. Once we lose by 30 to So. Miss., Marshal beats us, and ECU scores 100 on us (the only night all year they’ll break 70 in CUSA play–don’t laugh, you know this is going to happen), you have to think Phil might even step in and can him whether Judy wants to or not.

this is not about lesters travel or thorne not improving. this is about having some pride and saying, “it is an embarrassment to lose to tulane, we have a lot more talent than them and should crush them”. it is not even about major. even if he is a lousy coach the team knows how to play basketball and there is no excuse for this,

Not happening.

Not happening.[/quote]

a boy can dream, right?

Not happening.[/quote]

a boy can dream, right?[/quote]

Yup - better off dreaming of Judy in a thong

Next year is the true NCAA tournament or else.

Major will be here at least through next season nothing we can do about it.

At this point the NIT for us has to be up in the air based on some of these less than quality losses. How confident are we that major can go from no tourny to the NCAs and then win a game there?

Dear basketball team,

What the heck? Charleston. Davidson. UTSA. Rice. Now Tulane??? (notice I didn’t bring up FSU). I don’t know what it is, but you are underperforming. You should be rolling every team up there listed by 15+, yet you’re losing. Something is lacking very much on your part. I’ll even throw Georgia Tech in there. You should have won handily (or at least protected your home court). I am very disappointed. It’s my belief that you really can beat anyone. Unfortunately you’ve also proven that you can lose to anyone also. We’ve played so badly that now these games don’t really matter, except for the fact that you need practice winning.

On a personal note, I had a very crappy day at work today. It really sucked. The real world isn’t always that great. I’ve been looking forward to this game all week. It’s what I’ve chosen as an escape. I do so every year, but man it’s been really hard lately. Frustrating. Are you still having fun? I hope you do again this season.

As a former athlete, I am glad that I never experienced your scrutiny under the spotlight. Please do not take any criticism you read on this board personally. You are Niners, and you will always have my support and respect, but one thing remains true: If you don’t give it your all every day, all day, you will regret it later, because when it’s over, it’s over. There is still time to turn this around and make this season mean something. Think back to what made you successful and try to revisit it. Keep your heads up and please focus every second.

Sincerely,

Austinniner

Not happening.[/quote]
Pretty sure that’s what everybody said about Lutz getting fired… Then he got canned.

We fire him next year if we dont make the NCAA tournament.

What could make any of you think that we could possibly make the dance next year? I implore you to watch some top 25 basketball tomorrow and tell me if you think what we saw on the floor tonight is within reach.

Hint. It’s not.

At this point the NIT for us has to be up in the air based on some of these less than quality losses. How confident are we that major can go from no tourny to the NCAs and then win a game there?[/quote]

NIT aint happenin…150 sagarin prior tulane, probably 180 now?

Not happening.[/quote]
Pretty sure that’s what everybody said about Lutz getting fired… Then he got canned.[/quote]

Big difference is the AD has personally told numerous people, including myself, that it is all about next year. they knew this year might be challenging before they gave him the extension. In addition to that I really don’t think she can fire him after granting him the extension without it taking her down too for making the same mistake 2 coaches in a row. We are going to finish with a record that looks ok to the eyes, she will tout the talent coming in next year, she believes in Allan (ie he has no backbone and doesn’t push back) and that next year is the key. Plus both Judy and Phil had personal issues with Bobby - I am pretty sure they both love Allan.