Tulsa Postgame

Wow, that was lucky. I know we had no choice, but why do we wait until the last minute to turn up the intensity?

Same old story, to many turnovers and to many missed free throws.

Hard to get excited about this win. We really should of lost down 7 with under a minute to go.

Still, I’ll take it.

Hard to get excited? About a win? No…not our fanbase.

This was a VERY exciting game, and we had 5 guys in double figures again…PH and Williams both played great…INGRAM WITH SOME KILLA 3’s.

GO NINERS! Way to bounce back!

Also, I thought Galen Young did fine as color with Matt…much better than the banjo music that comes out of Lanny Ford’s mouth.

Turnovers, freethrows, and an inability to stop dribble penetration continue to kill us. It really is that simple. It would be nice if we could correct just one of these. Would flip a couple of these L’s to W’s

Glad to get the W. Great that we didn’t give up at the end and kept fighting.

[quote=“Basden05, post:1, topic:28537”]Wow, that was lucky. I know we had no choice, but why do we wait until the last minute to turn up the intensity?

Hard to get excited about this win. We really should of lost down 7 with under a minute to go.

Still, I’ll take it.[/quote]

i’ll take it too, Basden. agreeing with you though.
it’s summer down there… right?

This team needed some breaks, got them, then did a good job capitalizing. I loved the intensity at the end, but we need to find some way to unleash that same intensity for more of the game. Maybe pressing more in the middle of the game would help, or going with the small lineup more? Something to get the guys playing with greater urgency when it’s not so late in the game.

Ingram should get more shots, I’d like to see us set him up more in the offense with the way he’s shooting right now.

Thorne seems to be struggling a bit now, though he still has his bright moments. I wonder if he’s starting to wear down a bit, given he hasn’t played nearly this much in a season before.

Now we need to see no let up against North Texas. They’re not all that good, but they’re probably better than UTSA.

[quote=“earlyniner, post:5, topic:28537”][quote=“Basden05, post:1, topic:28537”]Wow, that was lucky. I know we had no choice, but why do we wait until the last minute to turn up the intensity?

Still, I’ll take it.[/quote]

It is mate. Heat wave across the country right now. Hit 44 degrees here in Perth last weekend. That’s 112 in farenheight
i’ll take it too, Basden. agreeing with you though.
it’s summer down there… right?[/quote]

Still wanna see Henry attack the rim more in the first halves of games. Seems like he always waits till the last 5 minutes.

Twill had a twill game, made some wtf turnovers, missed fts… Then Makes a big steal, made reverse layup and 2 ft. Minute to go he let’s a guy get easy layup… Why? He only had 2 fouls. Foul him hard and don’t give up the and 1. He seems to play well when it counts for the most part. His stats actually looked okay.

Lester is ice cold shooting. He’s in baseball player 0-20 type slump. Hope he comes out of it. Def not the same production he started the season off with.

Ingram can flat out shoot. When he is on, give him the ball.

Cherry 2-4 from and a huge one in the final min of regulation.

Free throws… Wtf. Thorne 3-11. And seems like we missed the first of every one and one.

Who is there #11? Dude can ball. Love to have him on our team.

Good win. A loss would have been tough. As long as we win, close games are always more fun than 15 point wins imo.

That was fun. I have some fun fans around me. I thought T-Will was huge. Lester is struggling, bad. I also didn’t like the call having him in at end of regulation with 4 fouls. Hurts intensity. However, we won so I will take it.

Except he played for Tulane, not Tulsa. Wrong TU :slight_smile:

Except he played for Tulane, not Tulsa. Wrong TU :)[/quote]
Oh s***, lol. Good catch. Pretty sure they are the same team

Really liked the way the guys came back. It’s like they’re asleep on the floor sometimes with the lack of intensity. They’ve shown they can do it, but they just need to focus more. Glad they finally woke up tonight. A lot of the same things from the UTSA game hurt us today (free throws and turnovers), but they did it when it counted. Shouldn’t have come to that. Hope they’re ready to bring it on Saturday, because no game in conference is a gimme.

Henry needs to be in attack game offensively from the opening tip, completely changes our dynamic. Our bigs really need to work on passing out, or dropping the ball down to the other big once doubled.

Ingram came up huge again, kudos to him, he’s obviously put in work to improve his game. No stars.

Can’t say it any better. In the end, I’ll take the win. Got to keep getting better.

Down 8 w 1:16 left. Again I repeat down 8 w 1:16 left. What a finish!!! Yes we shouldn’t have been in that position ( we were up 7 with 4 min left) but still what a killer ending!!!

Who was the douche/s that threw 2 game programs on the court? Looked like Henry who picked the first one up was trying to not bring attention to it. I’d imagine first is a warning and 2nd a tech? Did the 2nd one land on the floor or at the scorrers table? Wonder if the refs even noticed it

Only thing I have to say about the game is crisis averted (for now).

Galen Young being on the broadcast team is an A+ for me. Great addition. He talks like he expects us to win and how the program should expect championships and reject mediocrity. Hope he talks to the players and coaches a bunch. He could definitely give the guys some pointers on how to finish at the rim.

Benny Moss, meet Denzel Ingram. Unreal comeback for the ages. :-* :stuck_out_tongue: :o ;D

Galen really hammered this point in the post game.
I think Henry can get a layup anytime he wants. Sometimes our spacing gets in his way.

This team is really frustrating to watch, but I admit I had given up on that game. Somehow they turned it on and Tulsa got rattled. I’m not sure I’ve seen us come back like that in a game before and win.

Didn’t realize Tulsa was without their 2nd leading scorer. Wow. They were athletic.

Our team just doesn’t play smart most of the time. Our errors and turnovers are alot of the times unforced. Clayton has seriously got to learn to quit elbowing and picking up offensive fouls. P Henry I thought was terrible in this game with the turnovers until late when he turned into a hero. Ingram was money all game. Big Mike has alot of talent, but…If I were an opposing coach would double him every time. Still learning basketball. Terrence came alive at the end.

The free throws were just brutal. Kept them in the game. Just glad we are 2-1 in conference. 3-1 would be better.