Tulsa Postgame

[quote=“Wingate49erFan, post:17, topic:28537”]Only thing I have to say about the game is crisis averted (for now).

Galen Young being on the broadcast team is an A+ for me. Great addition. He talks like he expects us to win and how the program should expect championships and reject mediocrity. Hope he talks to the players and coaches a bunch. He could definitely give the guys some pointers on how to finish at the rim.[/quote]

Galen “The Glove” Young. We need a lock-down defender like him on this team. I wish I had heard him on the radio. I did not know he was in Charlotte, and I had no idea he was doing this.

We need more of the old guys who won here around this program. Their attitude and expectation to win would be infectious IMO. Former players working with current players always seems to help. DeMarco should be an assistant here by now.

Is Galen on the broadcast team for good? I thought he did a great job for the first time.

When he was playing for the Townsville Crocodiles here in the Australian league in 2009 I think it was. They were playing an away game in Sydney and I just happen to there at the time. Anywho, I got tickets and I was cheering for him the whole game and he must of heard cause I was loud as hell haha. When the game finished, he was walking off the court toward the race and I shouted his name and he looked up and I pointed down to my 49ers tattoo on my arm and he had a big grin and gave me the thumbs up. Pretty cool moment for me :slight_smile:

WTF was that Mike Thorne, Jr technical about?
It looked as if he was going over to congratulate his team mate and barely brushed Tulsa #12, who preceded to fall to the floor. I wonder if something was said after that. If not, that tech was total BS.

Someone from the top of 104 was throwing the programs on the court. Once in the 1st half and another time late in the game. The ref also picked up what looked like a key, off the court in front of 104. I thought for sure we were going to get a technical.

For the game, we didn’t deserve that one for the way we played the 1st 38 minutes. 50% FT shooting, missed layups, and matador defense frustrate the hell out of me. To our credit, we made things happen in the last 2 minutes to get it to OT, and eventually get us the W.

I like winning, lets do it again on Saturday.

[quote=“Iron9er, post:20, topic:28537”]This team is really frustrating to watch, but I admit I had given up on that game. Somehow they turned it on and Tulsa got rattled. I’m not sure I’ve seen us come back like that in a game before and win.

Didn’t realize Tulsa was without their 2nd leading scorer. Wow. They were athletic.

Our team just doesn’t play smart most of the time. Our errors and turnovers are alot of the times unforced. Clayton has seriously got to learn to quit elbowing and picking up offensive fouls. P Henry I thought was terrible in this game with the turnovers until late when he turned into a hero. Ingram was money all game. Big Mike has alot of talent, but…If I were an opposing coach would double him every time. Still learning basketball. Terrence came alive at the end.

The free throws were just brutal. Kept them in the game. Just glad we are 2-1 in conference. 3-1 would be better.[/quote]Agree with all of this.Major never tries anything surprising(except the obligatory zone to give up an easy basket once a game)…Amazing what happened when we pressed…and,yes,I was the guy yelling “why thehell don’t we press” early in 2nd half…I caught Galen on postgame also and really liked him.His big point was the team needs to play with that “last 5 minute intensity” all game…So should the coach.

I think I need to say nice things about TWill every time he has a good game, because I have criticized him when he hasn’t. Sure, he was not player of the game tonight, but he played well and made some critical plays. His stat line was that of a good solid contributor, and his block was awesome. Way to go #14.

I thought he was the one who actually gave us hope when he scored late on a great assist from PH, then stole the ball seconds later and hit a tough reverse layup. Once that happened, we were down 3 with 30 some second left, and we were back in it. He played well late and had a great tip in on PH’s shot in OT.

I love love love Galen. His ally oops at UNC countless others were amazing. Top 3 fav player.

But he was pretty bad on air. Better than Lanny though.

I cant take Sweirad either. So Vanilla and blah.
Here is how to do college radio:

Demarco applied here. Told no by Major

Demarco applied here. Told no by Major[/quote]
Maybe after he gets some coaching experience.

if we were going to hire a former player as an assistant, i would go with dinkins ahead of demarco. he is really doing a great job at northside and has recruiting connections.

[quote=“Nugget, post:21, topic:28537”][quote=“Wingate49erFan, post:17, topic:28537”]Only thing I have to say about the game is crisis averted (for now).

Galen Young being on the broadcast team is an A+ for me. Great addition. He talks like he expects us to win and how the program should expect championships and reject mediocrity. Hope he talks to the players and coaches a bunch. He could definitely give the guys some pointers on how to finish at the rim.[/quote]

Galen “The Glove” Young. We need a lock-down defender like him on this team. I wish I had heard him on the radio. I did not know he was in Charlotte, and I had no idea he was doing this.[/quote]

We seriously need a gif of him embarassing ed cota over and over. That was ridiculous.

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:32, topic:28537”]if we were going to hire a former player as an assistant, i would go with dinkins ahead of demarco. he is really doing a great job at northside and has recruiting connections.[/quote]I’d take Dinkins as well ahead of Demarco. I might be inclined to take McInnis over Demarco too to due his grassroot connections in Charlotte.

One huge complaint from me…when we are doing fan dancing crap during breaks, don’t let some clown from High School wearing an App State hoodie be on there. I sit near there, voiced my displeasure, and wanted to chuck a bottle at the idiot Charlotte employee who let him be on camera.

Tru dat.

Thorne: 3-11 and Clayton 6-9 from the line? ??? ?? The only explanation I can come up with is that last night, there was a full moon.

[quote=“2k, post:13, topic:28537”]Henry needs to be in attack game offensively from the opening tip, completely changes our dynamic. Our bigs really need to work on passing out, or dropping the ball down to the other big once doubled.

Ingram came up huge again, kudos to him, he’s obviously put in work to improve his game. No stars.[/quote]
David Scott had some imteresting observations after the game how Denzel and Cherry got scorched. Ingram is great kid but theres a game at both ends

[quote=“Card49, post:38, topic:28537”][quote=“2k, post:13, topic:28537”]Henry needs to be in attack game offensively from the opening tip, completely changes our dynamic. Our bigs really need to work on passing out, or dropping the ball down to the other big once doubled.

Ingram came up huge again, kudos to him, he’s obviously put in work to improve his game. No stars.[/quote]
David Scott had some imteresting observations after the game how Denzel and Cherry got scorched. Ingram is great kid but theres a game at both ends[/quote]

They were made on this board well in advance of David Scott. Davidson game in particular. He knows what he needs to do to be a good defender and he’ll put the work in. Hope he gets there.

[quote=“Basden05, post:1, topic:28537”]Hard to get excited about this win.[/quote]Really? I was at the game…it was pretty damn exciting.

Solid coaching job by Major.

Besides FT almost everybody but Alpha Lester played well offensively.

Defensively we gave up too many easy baskets. Tulsa’s guards have some serious hops.