TURN OUT HUGE FOR 'BAMA!!!

Hopefully everyone will show up for this huge, huge game on Saturday night!!! I really think that this game is a must win for our program. We simply have to defend our home court and get back some of what we lost with the loss to Rutgers. I’ll be there, and hopefully many other NINERS will show up and pack the house making it more difficult for that football school to beat us at OUR place!!! This win could decide our seeding in the tournament as far as defeating OOC opponents.

Well, I hope there are more than what was there tonight which was pretty sad. No excuse for that many empty seats, regardless of who we’re playing. Even my alumni section was easily two-thirds empty.

tonight’s crowd was pathetic, in both size and spirit … i hope it was no one’s first time!

Yeah, it was a small crowd tonight. I’m sure it will be packed Saturday though. If we beat Alabama I will quit bitching about that embarassing loss to Rutgers.

Big crowd this morning at the ticket office. I camped out last night and I am glad I did. We were way down the tent list but still got tickets in section 104. I heard on the radio there were only 500 seats left to the public.

yea like 22 tents I got there aat 7:30 and still got level 203

[i]Originally posted by switchfoot[/i]@Dec 2 2004, 10:18 AM [b] I heard on the radio there were only 500 seats left to the public. [/b]
I hope that is the case, a member of the Charlotte area UofA alumni chapter told me earlier this week they had sold all of their allotment for the game.

Not sure if you guys caught the halftime radio interview, Bickerstaff was interviewed he was at the game, eventhough he had a game the night before.

He said he likes coming out to the Charlotte games he likes to watch the game the changing defenses and the 3 ball Charlotte employs. He said he is a fan of Lutz’s.

Doesn’t sound like he was scouting sounds like he comes to watch the game, if so that says a lot about what we have to offer for a fan.

Some tidbits from Bama’s victory over Murry Bartow & Co. last night…

[b]Alabama freshman Ronald Steele dished out a record 18 assists…

Alabama (5-1) racked up 19 3-pointers, with many being set up by nifty passes from Steele, who had no turnovers.

Steele broke the school single-game record of 16, and Alabama’s 30 assists were also a school record.

Shelton was 6-of-11 from 3-point range, and the Crimson Tide shot 19-of-41 from behind the arc – breaking the school’s single-game record of 16 set in 1996…

The Tide…made nine 3-pointers in the first nine minutes.[/b]

Link: No. 22 Alabama 114, East Tennessee St. 77

Something tells me their stat people were really padding the assist numbers last night. Box score shows 29 assists (18 for Steele) on 41 baskets, 56% shooting, which is simply unheard of unless they were all layups. That wasn’t the case, since 19 3-pt goals were hit.

FYI… from the NCAA Statisticians Manual: [b]A player is credited with an assist when the player makes, in the judgment of the statistician, the principal pass contributing directly to a field goal (or an awarded score of two or three points). Only one assist is to be credited on any field goal and only when the pass was a major part of the play.

Such a pass should be either (a) a pass that finds a player free after he
or she has maneuvered without the ball for a positional advantage, or (B) a
pass that gives the receiving player a positional advantage he or she otherwise
would not have had.

Philosophy. An assist should be more than a routine pass that just happens
to be followed by a field goal. It should be a conscious effort to find
the open player or to help a player work free. There should not be a limit
on the number of dribbles by the receiver. It is not even necessary that the
assist be given on the last pass. There is no restraint on the distance or
type of shot made, for these are not the crucial factors in determining
whether an assist should be credited.[/b]

Anyone know if all of the student tickets are gone?

[i]Originally posted by LutzFan[/i]@Dec 2 2004, 01:59 PM [b] Anyone know if all of the student tickets are gone? [/b]
Havethey ever sold out the first day? Id say no chance they are gone.

I’m pretty excited to see Bama plays absolutely lights out last night. Sure, they are good, but nobody plays like that two games in a row(well except for us last year against A&T and then @ Syracuse). They got all of their Washington loss anger out, which is good for us. Remember catching an angry Memphis team last year? Basden will play Winston, the big matchups for us are Withers on Davis and then figuring out how to set up our backcourt. They run 2 PGs with Shelton and Steele. Shelton is the scorer but based on last night’s stats looks like Steele plays the actual PG role, meaning Plavich is going to be on Shelton, that could get ugly, Shelton is 3 point shooter, Plav might get lit up in a very bad way.

I think we can handle if two of the three scorers have a decent night, but if three guys get over 15, we will probably be in trouble. Here’s hoping Basden can keep Winston down to around 15 points and our interior defense improves to keep Davis from having a big night. Shelton is looking like he will be able to score at will over Plavich, gotta keep the other guys down I think.

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Dec 2 2004, 12:59 PM [b]Something tells me their stat people were really padding the assist numbers last night. [/b]
HP, sorta like when a certain school lists its 6-9 center as 7-0, then the local daily rag goes along with the ruse even though the cat was let out of the bag by the NBA?! :rolleyes: :lol:

No comment on padding, run. :lol:

When I kept stats (76-78), if anything, assists were more difficult to come by for the players. Melvin constantly complained that I wasn’t giving him enough assists. I always joked with him that if he hadn’t passed the ball to Cornbread so much (and he’d get fouled) that he’d have gotten far more assists every night.

we are due a good officiating crew. Also this win wont exactly put us in the top 25 anymore, so i think our chances are good. if it wasnt for the worst first 10 min performance i have ever seen last year in Alabama we would have pulled out a W.

Heard on Lutz Live tonite that about 500 general admission tix are left for the bama game. Looks like Halton will be rockin like we all know it can…and this game isn’t even on TV. WOW!

Any news on the student tickets? I hear the campout was great, was there still a big line in the morning or did the early arrives just start camping(leaving the same number of people getting there early)? Good news that the GA tickets are going fast, we’re getting some attention from outside of the campus. I hope the students turn out in big numbers, it’s nice to see the alumn side full, but nothing beats the student side rocking all game long!

[i]Originally posted by Butter49er[/i]@Dec 2 2004, 08:09 PM [b] Any news on the student tickets? I hear the campout was great, was there still a big line in the morning or did the early arrives just start camping(leaving the same number of people getting there early)? Good news that the GA tickets are going fast, we're getting some attention from outside of the campus. I hope the students turn out in big numbers, it's nice to see the alumn side full, but nothing beats the student side rocking all game long! [/b]
Only 1400 student tix were picked up today. You guys need to step it up.
[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Dec 2 2004, 08:29 PM [b] Only 1400 student tix were picked up today. You guys need to step it up. [/b]
Who exactly are you talking to PI? The students on the messageboard? I have a feeling they'll be there.