Two letters to the Observer

Two anti-UNC/ACC, pro-Niner letters to the Observer this morning. You can also post comments. [B] If anyone has the chance, send in a letter about the 7,000 in attendance and Niners not playing in it. [/B]

I know for a fact that Judy made offers to UNC, Duke and Wake to play 1 for 1, with our one being in Bobcats arena. Only Wake accepted. NCSU was actually ok with a true home and away before Herb left. The other incentive for those teams to come to Bobcats arena is the ACC tournament and Regional being played here.

[URL=http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/colleges/16033983.htm]http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/colleges/16033983.htm[/URL]

I am absolutely, positively stunned that anyone who reads or has ever read the Charlotte Observer could, in any way, shape or form, feel this way.

They clearly don’t understand the Charlotte sports landscape.

NOT.

Mr. Persinger must of started his Thanksgiving holiday early this year. That’s the only way I could believe that these letters could be printed.

ETA: I wonder if the person who let those letters get printed is on the unemployment line yet. There may be ANOTHER Clerk job opening up at the Observer.

Not much love for Charlotte in the comments… So disappointing…

Watch for Poole’s rebuttal in tomorrow’s edition.

[QUOTE=HP49er;199713][/QUOTE]
Man, I’ve needed that emoticon several times on here HP… I think we need it added.

You guys don’t understand the Charlotte sports landscape! Why cheer for a local team while supporting your community when you can cheer for a team that wins a lot of games? Every time I search for Charlotte merchandise I can’t find it at Kmart and the flea market and so I can’t buy it. However, I find tons of Tarheel gear. You find that tarheel gear at the flea market because the tarheels are proven winners. Why cheer for someone that is going to lose? I just feel sorry for all the college basketball fans that don’t understand that the tarheels will win every game this year.

Oberserver needs help, but they need someone from the outside to come in… because everyone in there is stuck on their tired ways.

[QUOTE]I’d rather read about the Charlotte 49ers playing UMass than the Tar Heels playing N.C. State.

No wonder this city can’t get a baseball stadium built. [B]Charlotte has no sense of itself[/B]. No wonder the 49ers can’t recruit in-state talent like the Tar Heels. Since these kids have been small, they’ve only read about the Tar Heels.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=7][FONT=Impact]Can’I gett’an AMEN?!![/FONT][/SIZE]

clt has commented. let’s see if they allow it.

[QUOTE]Clt says if the observer was smart, it would quit printing anything about unc-ch. The majority of their fans can’t read anyway.

Let the N&O cover the blue fairies.

Posted by: cltniners
[/QUOTE]

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

[QUOTE]As a UNC fan, I often don’t think that UNC gets the coverage the sports programs deserve in Charlotte!
Posted by: UNC mom [/QUOTE]
:wow:

As a UNC fan, I often don't think that UNC gets the coverage the sports programs deserve in Charlotte!

Posted by: UNC mom

What the…!
(Fill in explative above) :hammer:

Not to pile on the “O”, but I have been reading a lot of UNCW press because of Benny. In the process I realized that I actually know the beat reporter for the Hawks from growing up summers at the beach (http://uncw.starnewsonline.com/). They have a great blog and lots of articles almost daily on the Hawks in their paper (http://www.starnewsonline.com) …now thats some attention and I think its paying off for everyone in Wilmington.

[QUOTE]You know why they can’t celebrate Christmas in Chapel Hill, because they can’t find Three Wise Men and a Virgin

Posted by: Something Else [/QUOTE]
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Interesting how every Crap Hole of a Hill “fan” reffers to us as “UNCC”

Ask the Hawks what it’s like to have a hometown paper that gives a sh*t!

The ACC infatuation and inferiority complex continues…Gotta love the ACC hatred reset

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Interesting how every Crap Hole of a Hill “fan” reffers to us as “UNCC”

Pretty hard to hate on this guy doing it when fans on our own board do it (and then actually have to ask why other fans don’t like them doing it).

The ACC infatuation and inferiority complex continues....Gotta love the ACC hatred reset

Yeah. Go figure. I want to read about the home team. I shouldn’t have to get the Outer Mongolia Times to read about Charlotte sports.

uncc - 1 second to type
UNC Charlotte - 4 seconds to type

its the observer message board, and the observer calls us UNCC

Yeah. Go figure. I want to read about the home team. I shouldn't have to get the Outer Mongolia Times to read about Charlotte sports.

Outer Mongolia Times, huh? …might have to look into a subscription…

Edit: By the way, everyone here who supports the 49ers should go into the comments section and give the pro-49ers comments a higher rating by clicking on 5 stars. And, alternatively, clicking on 1 star for baby-blue lovers. Show your support!