Typical

[b]I am a huge Lutz fan[/b]

just curious but why?

I don’t think half of you realize that since Plavich is the focal point of the offense, that means that everybody else just stands around, hands him the ball and watches him. Yeah, I agree that our post guys are non existent, but when Plavich wants to jack up a 30 footer 10 seconds into the shot clock, it’s no wonder our post guys stand around.

It’s sad that it was just as the announcers said, “Plavich’s performance is just a sideshow, I wonder how far out he’ll shoot it tonight”. Ridiculous that that’s what we have become, but dammit how true. Sideshow indeed and if anyone thinks that is good basketball, then I really feel for you.

Plav did everything he could to win this game.

We miss Mitch. His 11 points a game, 3-4 assists (equaling roughly 6-18 pts), defensive presence (2-3 less points a game) and the fact that Eddie had to play out of position and that kept him off the glass really hurt.

Our defense looked really, really, really bad. I’ve never seen us look that bad before, it was hard to watch how easily Cincy picked our defense apart.

Oh well, the Bearcats were hospitable to us, if not to our team.

First and foremost, Mitchell Baldwin is not the reason we lost.

We got outrebounded
Missed a ton of layups (esp. Eddie and Nance)
Nick Williams was not open because it was Plav’s man. We were sitting in a 2-3 zone until he hit #4. Bobby must think Withers and Iti can’t match up with Maxiel and Hicks. Hicks is from NC and gets a kick out of it anytime he can’t whoop us and any other NC team.
Curtis Withers------ Thanks for making me look like a dumba@# in front of everyone that I told you were the man. I can’t count how many times I said, “Watch out for Charlotte. Have you seen Curtis Withers? He’s the best power forward in the nation.” Hey at least Sports Illustrated was wrong about him too. I don’t blame all of this on him, but also on Lutz who just lets him wonder around the perimeter like a lost puppy. Get in the paint and bang a little like you did for Kelvin Sampson this summer.

The Niners can either pick it up, or they will be watching the tourney this time around. We have to beat these FEW ranked teams that we play because everyone else we play is so terrible. Every game we let get away can mean NIT

[i]Originally posted by ATL_Niner[/i]@Jan 20 2005, 05:34 AM [b] It's sad that it was just as the announcers said, "Plavich's performance is just a sideshow, I wonder how far out he'll shoot it tonight". Ridiculous that that's what we have become, but dammit how true. [/b]
Just for a little clarification they said that with about 2 minutes left and us down by 20. The comment wasn't also, I wonder how far out he'll shoot it tonight. The comment was I'd like to see how far out he could shoot it. Again, within the context of a game that was gone and him being the only player doing a damn thing.

We know you don’t like Plav don’t make make crap up in some lame effort to bad mouth him just a little bit more.

As far as “what we’ve become” yet another dumb comment. Withers did nothing, yet managed to take only 2, that’s right, 2 fewer shots than our “focal” point as you call him. The difference being Plav hit twice as many as he did. Plav also took a whopping 3 shots more than Eddie did.

[b]Sideshow indeed and if anyone thinks that is good basketball, then I really feel for you.[/b]

Yeah. I for one feel bad for anyone that thinks the person who’s actually hitting shots should be the one shooting. I mean, how dumb. :rolleyes:

I wish we would just POST UP. We got Withers, Iti, and Nance yet we continue to shoot jump shots and miss, miss, miss. I figured we would lose and I figure we will lose on Saturday. I do wish we would set up some sort of offense rather than firing up a three all the time. Especially against the St. Louis team we were firing up threes left and right. Run a play and pass to someone who can get underneath the basket. I like Plavich and Lutz but it seems to be we haven’t had a solid post option since Cam Stephens left and he wasn’t half the player DeMarco was.

[i]Originally posted by MKNiner+Jan 20 2005, 07:37 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (MKNiner @ Jan 20 2005, 07:37 AM)

Whatever MK and 49erforever. I’m glad you guys think all 35 footers are great shots.

And for the record, I like Plav when he takes good shots and he did take some last night, but I will always fail to see how a 35 footer is a good shot. If that makes me a dumbass about the game, then so be it.

I don’t see how you guys can be so blind as to watch the same crap as I did and come away with a different conclusion. I saw Nick Williams hit 4 3s in a row and they were all wide open spot ups at the 3 point line within the context of the offense.

Sure Plavich did “all he could to help us win”, and our post guys were non existent last night. But it sure is tough for Withers to show up when the primary option is Plavich for a 30 footer.

Yeah, we have a lot to work on and teams really don’t need a game plan against us, they can wait and let us self destruct by being the most undisciplined team in Division I.

ATL,

We’re all emotional, so I’lld efinitely cut yous ome slack, but stop trying to make Plav the fall guy. Our offense broke downa nd we started playing one on one ball. Plav drilled his shots, Eddie made a jumper and got to ther im but couldn’t always finish. Curtis wet his pants and curled into a fetal ball. The rest of our team mailed it in.

We will never, ever beat a good halfcourt defensive team breaking off our offense and playing one on one. But stop blaming the one guy who actually scored in when we reverted to that. I’m sure it feels good, but it’s pointless. Unless we play team ball, this TEAM will lose, and lose badly like they did last night.

NA,
It would be different if this was an isolated occurrence. I just wish we could run a “normal” half court offensive set. And it doesn’t make me feel better to blame anyone.

It just seems like whenever Plavich gets the ball, he’s looking to heave it no matter what. We don’t work the shot clock, our post guys don’t get open and it’s almost like everyone relies on Brendan to make something happen.

Oh well, what I’m saying is falling on deaf ears. If you also look back at what I said, I slammed our post guys too and our lack of defense and our lack of rebounding. Cincy made up 26 points in the 2nd half and all everyone can say here is that if we had Mitch we’d been better or if we’d done this that or the other we’d have won. The bottom line is if Cincy doesn’t shoot 24% in the first, they beat us by 40.

We won 9 in a row and everybody just says that we were due for a loss…the fact is that we didn’t play anybody during that stretch and we’ll never be an elite team playing the “style” we do.

I’ve vented enough…sorry to ruffle feathers, but I feel that’s the case…

[SIZE=4]FORTY!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]NINERS!!![/SIZE]