UAB football

clt says we should demo the rich for an uptown stadium with a retractable roof.

UAB this week is #25 in the Coaches Poll. Very impressive feat considering their football program was resurrected from the dead. A good coach like Bill Clark doesn’t need a lot time to put together a bowl eligible team.

Impressive, but this does not equate to a TRUE 2 year old program. They had numerous players stay, the HC stayed and they were given some VERY beneficial treatment fromt he NCAA upon their re-start.

1 Like

This is absolutely correct. It always irked me when people were comparing UAB to us as a start-up program. Its not like the Alabama University system closed down the UAB team and the school forgot everything about football. They had already had a D1 FBS team, they had an athletic department that knew what football is and how to run it. It’s not apples to apples for us at all. If you lose a job, its not like you are suddenly incapable of being a professional employee the next day.

I will say compared to our previous regime, our new AD seems to understand what it means to be a D1 athletics program for a school our size, and hopefully he makes the necessary changes to get our program in the right direction.

It is also true that Brad Lambert and his coaching staff aren’t fresh out of college in fact most of them have decades of coaching experience before arriving at Charlotte.

I think the whole we are a startup should have died off once the first recruits graduated. No school in the country carries players longer than 5 years outside of some special circumstance. It is time to turn off the excuse switch and be a winner.

Exactly, every player on this roster including red-shirts was recruited after the announcement to CUSA. It’s apples and apples now.

Totally missing the point, which was only that our first few seasons were quite a bit different from UABs restart.

wait a minute…you mean its still ok to build athletic facilities during the pandemic. I had no idea.