UC Bearcat transferring to UNCC

According to a local Cincinnati newscast, Forward Roy Bright is going to transfer to Charlotte at the end of the year. There was talk of him not fitting in to well at UC so he’s decided to transfer closer to home.

didn’t we recruit him initially? also, where would he fit in with the players we’ve got comming back?

maybe for withers? bright would have to sit out a year. if he plays the 3, alexander will still be here i believe?

Mr. Bright’s stats from this past season:

GP GS Tot Pts PPG FGM FGA FG% TPM TPA 3PT% FTM FTA FT%

33 5 131 4.0 55 138 .399 5 31 .161 16 22 .727

Anybody else a little skeptical of this? Anyone have a link or any remotely reliable source? Not saying the original poster is making this up, but a link would really help me believe this a lot more.

Edit: wow, answered my own question, seems to be a real…

UC MB

Could be true…

That would be awesome…nothing but kind words about him over on their board.

Oleski. Do you get a refund for the check he cashed or do you expect us to cover part of it? :o

After watching Bright last year I thought he was going to be bigger and taller than what I saw on the court. He seemed to play smaller and I do not believe he is actually anything over 6’4" but I saw him listed all the way up to 6’7" while we were recruiting him. Would he play the 2 or 3? I think he wants to play the 2.

It seemed that they had him backing up Maxiell and Hicks at PF and C. It was the only place for him to get PT in their line-up.

He looked like he got yelled at a lot and pulled out for mistakes.

[i]Originally posted by amnesiac[/i]@Apr 7 2005, 09:36 PM [b]It seemed that they had him backing up Maxiell and Hicks at PF and C. It was the only place for him to get PT in their line-up.

He looked like he got yelled at a lot and pulled out for mistakes.[/b]

He’s a 6’6" SG/SF, I didn’t watch too many Cincy games other than ours, but I expect he was behind James White more than Maxiel or Hicks. The UC board says it’s not a PT or position issue, just personal problems with teamates and wants to be closer to home.

[i]Originally posted by CMack124+Apr 7 2005, 08:42 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (CMack124 @ Apr 7 2005, 08:42 PM)

Scouting Report
A physical specimen in the backcourt … Can overpower defenders … Owns good strength and ball-handling skills … Long range shooting needs improvement … Attended the same North Carolina prep school (Mt. Zion Christian Academy) that produced NBA superstar Tracy McGrady … Averaged 19.5 points, 11.0 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 1.0 blocks while helping the school to a 30-1 record as a senior … One of seven players on that team to sign at a Division I school … Was his team’s MVP and had his number retired at the conclusion of the season … Earned MVP honors in the Dell Curry and Slam Dunk to the Beach tournaments … MVP of the ABCD all-star game and Most Outstanding Player in the Delaware Roundball Classic … Played in the EA Sports All-American Game … North Carolina state Gatorade Player of the Year … Earned all-state and All-American honors as a junior at Northern High in Durham, N.C., averaging 28 points and 12 rebounds.

[i]Originally posted by UCBearcats1125+Apr 7 2005, 09:54 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (UCBearcats1125 @ Apr 7 2005, 09:54 PM)
Originally posted by CMack124@Apr 7 2005, 08:42 PM [b]

He is a good mid-range game that extend just inside the 3-point arc. He can hit 3’s now but little work and I can see him being a good 3-point shooter

According to Scout.com he was 6-6 and 195 lbs out of high school and the # 8 SF in the country at the time. He was also the #39 overall in the class of 2004.

This is a great head start on next year’s recruiting. He will have 3 years left, which is nice since most of the time our transfers and JCs have only 2 years with the program.

Thanks for the information Oleskl and UCbearcats1125. But, it still stinks since the Bear Cats will not be in Halton next year. Good Luck in the Big East guys !

thank you for the information guys sorry you are losing him

Heesus. This would just solidify our status as Transfer U :o

SWEET!

Sorry UC. If I remember we had Bright, but we blew it. Glad to see thats water under the bridge.

Great news! This is why we should always keep a scholarship available, for potential transfers. We seem to excell in this market.