UC Player's Comments @ Sat. Crowd

GAUGING ATMOSPHERE: Both Nick Williams and Armein Kirkland agreed that Saturday’s atmosphere during UC’s loss at Charlotte was more intense than the atmosphere last year for the Crosstown Shootout in Xavier’s Cintas Center.

“I don’t think the environment was that bad (last year) because (after UC built a big lead in the first half) I don’t think the Xavier fans thought they could win,” Kirkland said. "The Charlotte fans, we let them in the game early and it was close the whole game, so they were loud and going crazy.

“The Charlotte fans are real dedicated. They’re real basketball people, just by what you hear them say. They look on ESPN.com every day and find out what’s going on with UC. It’s unbelievable how much they know. It’s not the same as Xavier. Xavier’s more just a crosstown thing, just a pride thing. It’s not as much strictly basketball.”

[i]Originally posted by BofANiner[/i]@Feb 8 2005, 07:06 PM [b] GAUGING ATMOSPHERE: Both Nick Williams and Armein Kirkland agreed that Saturday's atmosphere during UC's loss at Charlotte was more intense than the atmosphere last year for the Crosstown Shootout in Xavier's Cintas Center.

“I don’t think the environment was that bad (last year) because (after UC built a big lead in the first half) I don’t think the Xavier fans thought they could win,” Kirkland said. "The Charlotte fans, we let them in the game early and it was close the whole game, so they were loud and going crazy.

“The Charlotte fans are real dedicated. They’re real basketball people, just by what you hear them say. They look on ESPN.com every day and find out what’s going on with UC. It’s unbelievable how much they know. It’s not the same as Xavier. Xavier’s more just a crosstown thing, just a pride thing. It’s not as much strictly basketball.” [/b]

http://www.ninernation.net/index.php?showtopic=2911 :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry about that, I didn’t see it the first time. I visit the board almost daily but for some reason didn’t see the original dicussion.

Apology accepted, now start running the steps of Halton for the next hour!