UFC 104

I’m gonna go out on a real limb and call the upset…Shogun over Machida via TKO. I am worried Shogun’s aggressive style will be his downfall against the best counter striker at 205 in Machida. On the flip side, you don’t really have time to feel out Machida and chase him around. If he chooses his spots well, Shogun’s aggressive nature could help him. I think this one is going to be an action packed fight to say the least. I would like to see Machida fufill his plan of defending his title several more times and fighting Brock Lesnar though…

[QUOTE=AC84;438050]I’m gonna go out on a real limb and call the upset…Shogun over Machida via TKO. I am worried Shogun’s aggressive style will be his downfall against the best counter striker at 205 in Machida. On the flip side, you don’t really have time to feel out Machida and chase him around. If he chooses his spots well, Shogun’s aggressive nature could help him. I think this one is going to be an action packed fight to say the least. I would like to see Machida fufill his plan of defending his title several more times and [B]fighting Brock Lesnar though[/B]…[/QUOTE]

That made me laugh. No way in hell that would happen. It’s impossible. Brock cn’t cut that much weight and it’d be really unhealthy for Machida to gain that much.

Brock steps in the Octagon at 285, while Machida might be 215. Seriously. Laughable statement.

[QUOTE=The Lax;438051]That made me laugh. No way in hell that would happen. It’s impossible. Brock cn’t cut that much weight and it’d be really unhealthy for Machida to gain that much.

Brock steps in the Octagon at 285, while Machida might be 215. Seriously. Laughable statement.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that may be true, but I could see Brock getting caught chasing Machida around. Brock’s downfall is going to be someone with excellent technical skill that doesen’t fall victim to his gorilla lunge ground and pound game.

[QUOTE=AC84;438055]Yeah that may be true, but I could see Brock getting caught chasing Machida around. Brock’s downfall is going to be someone with excellent technical skill that doesen’t fall victim to his gorilla lunge ground and pound game.[/QUOTE]
technical skills arent prevalent amongst the big boys. I’d say Randy Couture is pretty much it, and all he is is a Light Heavyweight fighting up a class.

[QUOTE=The Lax;438057]technical skills arent prevalent amongst the big boys. I’d say Randy Couture is pretty much it, and all he is is a Light Heavyweight fighting up a class.[/QUOTE]

you are forgetting Noguiera who is a black belt in judo and bjj. He also finished Couture with his boxing. And had the UFC signed him, Fedor Emelianenko would destroy Brock in 2 seconds, and he weighs only 230 at fight night. Fedor could beat every fighter in the heavyweight division of UFC, and is the best pound for pound fighter in the world.

[QUOTE=AC84;438061]you are forgetting Noguiera who is a black belt in judo and bjj. He also finished Couture with his boxing. And had the UFC signed him, Fedor Emelianenko would destroy Brock in 2 seconds, and he weighs only 230 at fight night. Fedor could beat every fighter in the heavyweight division of UFC, and is the best pound for pound fighter in the world.[/QUOTE]
Big Nog, maybe. I havent watched enough of his fights to tell. Fedor I wont even comment on because he doesnt fight UFC quality opponents. Yeahs he fights UFC guys, but after their prime. Ex. Arlovski. I also havent seen him fight, so I will refrain from comment on him until after the Rogers fight.

[QUOTE=The Lax;438062]Big Nog, maybe. I havent watched enough of his fights to tell. Fedor I wont even comment on because he doesnt fight UFC quality opponents. Yeahs he fights UFC guys, but after their prime. Ex. Arlovski. I also havent seen him fight, so I will refrain from comment on him until after the Rogers fight.[/QUOTE]

The only fighters I would say were past their prime was Tim Sylvia. Arlovski maybe. Fedor has beaten Nog twice…and this was when he was considered the best fighter in the world. He beat Coleman in his prime twice, Cro Cop when he was considered a bad ass, and Randleman. He arm barred a 7’6 asian guy, and has added a gold and silver medalist in wrestling, as well as several k1 kickboxing champs to his list of wins. 30 wins and no losses is pretty tough action. I think you will enjoy the Rogers fight, Fedor is on another level.

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY[/URL]

Fedor would destroy Brock. If Brock ends up being as dominant as people seem to think he is, then they will make that fight happen. It will be the highest grossing ever. I actually will not be surprised if Shane Carwin knocks his ass out in less than a minute though.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;438071]Fedor would destroy Brock. If Brock ends up being as dominant as people seem to think he is, then they will make that fight happen. It will be the highest grossing ever. I actually will not be surprised if Shane Carwin knocks his ass out in less than a minute though.[/QUOTE]

I agree…Brock’s day is coming real soon. There are a couple heavy weight Gracie’s coming to UFC soon. I hate that Fedor didn’t come to UFC…offered him a crazy amount of money, but his camp wanted to copromote events which won’t happen. The pay per view sales of Brock v. Fedor would be insane. I am just not sure if I would rather see Brock take a swarming amount of punches from Fedor to end the fight, or a crazy submission from Fedor’s back.

Lesnar would be gone by submission in the first rd if he fought Fedor.

[QUOTE=AC84;438050]I’m gonna go out on a real limb and call the upset…Shogun over Machida via TKO. I am worried Shogun’s aggressive style will be his downfall against the best counter striker at 205 in Machida. On the flip side, you don’t really have time to feel out Machida and chase him around. If he chooses his spots well, Shogun’s aggressive nature could help him. I think this one is going to be an action packed fight to say the least. I would like to see Machida fufill his plan of defending his title several more times and fighting Brock Lesnar though…[/QUOTE]

Forget Lesnar. Why not Machida and Anderson Silva? They are 1 and 2 all time in strike connection %.

[QUOTE=The Lax;438051]That made me laugh. No way in hell that would happen. It’s impossible. Brock cn’t cut that much weight and it’d be really unhealthy for Machida to gain that much.

Brock steps in the Octagon at 285, while Machida might be 215. Seriously. Laughable statement.[/QUOTE]

I don’t think it will happen either. But Machida wouldn’t have to gain the weight would he? I mean it probably wouldn’t be wise. But isn’t the weight limit for not going over it. You can still be under it and fight in that weight class.

[QUOTE=AC84;438061]you are forgetting Noguiera who is a black belt in judo and bjj. He also finished Couture with his boxing. And had the UFC signed him, Fedor Emelianenko would destroy Brock in 2 seconds, and he weighs only 230 at fight night. Fedor could beat every fighter in the heavyweight division of UFC, and is the best pound for pound fighter in the world.[/QUOTE]

Don’t forget Frank Mir either. He’s fairly well rounded too.

[QUOTE=Normmm;438078]Forget Lesnar. Why not Machida and Anderson Silva? They are 1 and 2 all time in strike connection %.[/QUOTE]

I’d like to see that. And speaking of Anderson Silva. Georges St. Pierre needs to come up to middleweight and fight him. That would be sweet.

[QUOTE=Normmm;438082]Don’t forget Frank Mir either. He’s fairly well rounded too.[/QUOTE]

Well, Frank Mir beat him the first one and lost the second one.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;438083]I’d like to see that. And speaking of Anderson Silva. Georges St. Pierre needs to come up to middleweight and fight him. That would be sweet. [/QUOTE]

I don’t think it will happen. From what I’ve heard, Silva walks around like 215. I could be wrong, but I think GSP will always think Silva is just too big.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;438083]Well, Frank Mir beat him the first one and lost the second one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know. Just throwing his name out there as another heavyweight with decent all around skills. Not just using his weight like Lesnar.

I no longer buy into the Fedor hype. He’s had at least two opportunities to fight for the UFC and I know Dana White has offered him big bucks but Fedor’s manager refuses to allow Fedor to sign, he wants the UFC to co promote his own promotion or something like that which is just stupid. Anyway, I think Fedor is dodging the real competition, UFC has the best fighters and if he wanted to prove he was the best he could have easily signed on the dotted line.

I think Lesnar is getting better everytime he fights, the guy is a beast and he can move, he’s not a slow heavyweight or pudgy like some of the other heavyweights. He deserves some credit for beating Mir and Couture.

I think Anderson Syvia is the best fighter, pound for pound.

[QUOTE=49timesthelovin;438083]I’d like to see that. And speaking of Anderson Silva. Georges St. Pierre needs to come up to middleweight and fight him. That would be sweet.

Well, Frank Mir beat him the first one and lost the second one.[/QUOTE]

Dana has said that he wants to see GSP defend his title some more, then a Silva and GSP fight could happen. GSP is big at welter weight, and Silva has no problem cutting weight. I think Mir is pretty technical, but his BJJ is a bit over rated. He beat a hurt Nog, any other time he would have been beaten. And Fedor is definitely not a hype…he will fight anyone, its his management that is the problem. I have no doubt he would dominate that heavy weight division.

[QUOTE=CPA_Niner;438100]I no longer buy into the Fedor hype. He’s had at least two opportunities to fight for the UFC and I know Dana White has offered him big bucks but Fedor’s manager refuses to allow Fedor to sign, he wants the UFC to co promote his own promotion or something like that which is just stupid. Anyway, I think Fedor is dodging the real competition, UFC has the best fighters and if he wanted to prove he was the best he could have easily signed on the dotted line.

I think Lesnar is getting better everytime he fights, the guy is a beast and he can move, he’s not a slow heavyweight or pudgy like some of the other heavyweights. He deserves some credit for beating Mir and Couture.

I think Anderson Syvia is the best fighter, pound for pound.[/QUOTE]

Lesnar is getting better, and he trains so I give him credit…BUT him coming in at 285 is a huge advantage. His time will come, as I have said earlier. He will go down with a laterally quick fighter with some good judo and bjj. Ge gassed very bad in the Randy fight, so I couldn’t see him hanging with anyone he had to chase that could submit him.

[QUOTE=AC84;438116]Dana has said that he wants to see GSP defend his title some more, then a Silva and GSP fight could happen. GSP is big at welter weight, and Silva has no problem cutting weight. I think Mir is pretty technical, but his BJJ is a bit over rated. He beat a hurt Nog, any other time he would have been beaten. And Fedor is definitely not a hype…he will fight anyone, its his management that is the problem. I have no doubt he would dominate that heavy weight division.[/QUOTE]
GSP is actually a small welterweight. He doesnt cut. He walks around at what he fights at, which is 185.