Ultimate Frisbee

So I just met zerogenetics at Ultimate Frisbee tonight and it got me thinking, does anyone else on here play on Monday and Wednesday nights at the front fields? And if you don’t, this is your invitation to come out. It’s a lot of fun.

Great game, I used to play all the time down at the told track, before they put up that parking deck.

I love ultimate. Haven’t played since I was in school. Used to play after work at the Y every Tuesday night.

Yeah, it is a great sport.
My brother used to throw for the city team, the Excuses I think they were called, before he blew his knee out. They were cool. Anyone and everyone was welcome… probably still are. It’s nice how ultimate teams share resources, eg, players, beers, which is great for stuff like going to tournaments, which are freaking great.
I practiced with them some, and the Guilford College team.

hah realized how out of shape I was this morning when I woke up…

Yeah, it takes more out of you than you would think. If you keep coming out it will get better.

Yeah, it takes more out of you than you would think. If you keep coming out it will get better.

yeah I know and I plan on it. It’s just been since fresh or soph year since ive actually played regularly… im still a bit rusty

yeah I know and I plan on it. It's just been since fresh or soph year since ive actually played regularly... im still a bit rusty

I’m a regular and you saw how rusty I am. I am decent but make ridiculous mistakes.

i used to play in the wednesday night crowd that played at the old track (one of the folks had a key to the light box) back 99-01. in the hayday we’ld have upwards of 20-30people playing from 9pm till almost midnight. glad to see the game is still alive on campus somewhere.

there is city league play and pickup games around charlotte, if you’re interested in more organized/competitive play you should check it out.

glad to see the game is still alive on campus somewhere.

This is one of the things that was brought to light when coming to college. It seems like its the most common game on most campuses

I love the game, although I’m not the best athlete around, I do hustle. I’d love to come check it out sometime.

I’ll try to come out if i ever get outta work on time!

I love the game, although I'm not the best athlete around, I do hustle. I'd love to come check it out sometime.
I'll try to come out if i ever get outta work on time!

Everyone is always welcome. Monday and Wednesday nights from 9 to 11 on the front fields next to the new entrance. We usually gather by the water fountain and throw the frisbee around for a while before we actually start playing.

Sweet yeah i’ll def check it out. How do you guys play in the night?

Sweet yeah i'll def check it out. How do you guys play in the night?

lightup frisbee and the goal lines have cones with lights in them

lightup frisbee and the goal lines have cones with lights in them

wow… you all are crazy. that’s a busted nose/face/ankle just waiting to happen.

[QUOTE=Anborn;328277]i used to play in the wednesday night crowd that played at the old track (one of the folks had a key to the light box) back 99-01. in the hayday we’ld have upwards of 20-30people playing from 9pm till almost midnight. glad to see the game is still alive on campus somewhere.

there is city league play and pickup games around charlotte, if you’re interested in more organized/competitive play you should check it out.[/QUOTE]

I may have seen you out there a few times, we started playing out on the old track Wednesday nights in 01, after the Spring 02 semester I never heard anything about it again, I don’t know if they no longer had the light box key or what, but we didn’t see anybody out there the following year.

I may have seen you out there a few times, we started playing out on the old track Wednesday nights in 01, after the Spring 02 semester I never heard anything about it again, I don't know if they no longer had the light box key or what, but we didn't see anybody out there the following year.

I (JD) graduated, Jonathan (who had the key) graduated, and one of the other hardcore folks went abroad. some of the regulars also either graduated or stopped coming. its was a freaking blast while it lasted though. having the key for the lights was $$$$. supposedly he got it through a friend who had access through the intramural office.