UMass Football Postgame

That was me :heart_eyes::rofl::green_heart:

12 Likes

Welcome and congrats, mom! I’m the sparkly green jacket guy.

1 Like

Speaking of attendance, aren’t we a “tickets scanned” school? With so many recruits, HS coaches, recruit parents etc plus scanning issue with mobile tickets makes me wonder if attendance wasn’t higher

What do you been ticket scan school?

Some schools count everyone not a player as attendance. Comp tickets, pass list, recruits, band, tickets sold, tickets used etc. I thought I read we only count tickets scanned/used but I could be wrong. Probably am wrong lol

Just got home from the game and I am still hyped up. What an awesome game that we needed. Loved the forty niner chant. Props to the guy in 113. Maybe he is our Fireman Ed. LOL

I sure hope this doesn’t jinx us but our WR’s never seem to drop a pass. Through 3 games…there have been maybe 2-3 drops that I can remember…but there have been a TON of tough contested catches. It’s amazing how reliable & consistent our entire WR corps has been on more than just routine catches.

That…plus Reynolds’ amazing accuracy has been as equally fun to watch as it has been unexpected…at this level anyway…least for me.

clt would like to see our cheerleader study the dude. Forty niner chant was awesome

The ticket rhing happened to me as well. I showed my paper copies and got in. Their were four of us.

You need to stick around this place. We appreciate you.

1 Like
1 Like

No doubt about that. None.

1 Like

Will Healy 2-1
Mike Houston 1-2

2 Likes

Reynolds had 5 drives with the offense, each scoring touchdowns. I think coach backed off a little early. I would have maybe brought Kean in after the 1st second half drive. It was a little risky bringing him in after UMass scored 3 on a sustained drive exposing Gimmell’s replacement. Then UMass scores a touchdown to get within 28-10 and they were getting the ball after halftime. Instead of 31 - 10 after their first 2nd half possession, It could have been 31 - 17 or worse 28-17 if we hadn’t gotten the long field at the end of the half. I just think that it was too risky calling off the dogs just after the start of the 2nd quarter.

Also, it is clear that the offense just doesn’t go as well with Kean in command. He can throw the ball, but he pretty much eliminates the QB keeper on the run pass option. If he is going to play run a pro style offense and put keen under center with a RB and multiple WRs.

ECU fans still think the world is on fire. The state is ours for the taking! So glad we got Healy over Houston.

3 Likes

Man, what a game. The best experience overall I’ve had at a Charlotte game since going to my first one in 2014. Norm’s Tavern was so fast and efficient, major props to Hill and the AD for making it smooth and easy.
On the field, it was awesome to see us truly destroy a team we should’ve, the energy on the field from players and coaches is beyond awesome and transfers to the fans in the stands. Great crowd too!
Man that was fun

3 Likes

I thought Kean had a nice tuff run. Kean played much better. I thought he was in the game too early, but I understand what coach is doing. Kean is the next man up if the smaller Reynolds gets an injury.

Healey needs Reynolds to work on Reynolds’ sliding skills this week. We need him to survive next week’s test. Reynolds has been so damn accurate and efficient. Our offense is much much mire dangerous with him. I love the fact that a local QB walk-on earned his way without question over QB’s imported here from well-established FBS programs.

The flyover from the campus geese was nice too. Got a nice cheer from the crowd.

9 Likes