UMES Home Game 12-19-19 7:00 Tip

As I told my son last night, this game will be a massacre. Hawks (1-10) at ECU tonight before heading to CLT for Thursday’s tilt.

Tonight I am a UMES fan. Go Hawks! Beat the Pirates!

3 Likes

No matter who wins or loses it won’t hurt us. Go UMES!

This will be the second ever meeting between the two schools. The 1976 NIT team defeated the Hawks 114-59 in the Mine Shaft in January of that year. Niner great Lew Massey led the onslaught with 32 points and 14 rebounds.

1 Like

Thursday’s opponent, Charlotte, are in year two of head coach Ron Sanchez’s reclamation project in the Queen City. He took over a team that won six games two years ago and won eight games last season with him at the helm.

clt says they messed up our name and are taking shots. No mercy!

I saw that game. If the three point line were in effect then, Lew would have scored 50, as he was a long range sharp shooter and I’m sure many of his shots that night were from that far out.

BPI lists Niners with a 96.4% probability of beating the Hawks:

EMGJWYtWsAUT931

https://twitter.com/Charlotte49ers/status/1207661867063115777

Not sure if everyone here does Twitter, so going to cut and paste this:

https://twitter.com/CharlotteMBB/status/1207687665983934464

1 Like

Sweet Lew!

At Halton now. This will probably be the smallest crowd since we played in the Mine Shaft.

I wish I could be tgere but I’m fighting a fever. Feel like crap. Any links to watch the game?

Not showing any TV on the game day tweet

31-13 at halftime. Ugly game.

How bad is UMES in person?

Bad. Really bad. One of worst teams to come into Halton bad.

My heart goes out to the end of our bench. Especially Tyler. He’s already taken a red-shirt year, can’t play D in this system and has apparently lost all confidence in his shot from outside.

Ditto for Vasic. Also couldn’t believe how bad Rissetto looked against such a bad team. Sanchez surely needs to find another Bamba next season or we will be hurting inside.

1 Like

Rissetto appeared to be simply lost. A lot can happen in a season and a LOT needs to happen. We might have mores collies to give next year than we figured.